• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Top Ten Most Evil Men

Antigone

The Wrath of Whatever
Apr 20, 2006
De Boendoks
✟40,525.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
i know of no one who tops the murder ratio than Mao Tse Tung, so how did he only get honorable mention?

Mao more lethal<br>than Hitler, Stalin

Who had more murders?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that the original author of the list is from the Western World and has therefore had more exposure from education and media to western evil-doers. Stalin made our radars because of the cold war, but Mao, as far as I know, never threathened to attack Europe or the US and went about his bloody business relatively unscathed.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

meow meow meow meow meow meow
Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Why do you thinks so?

Not that I doubt it, but do you have some facts?

If thats the case, I wonder why it would be when places like Russia and Switzerland are over 60% abortion rate.
So far you have not accepted any of my sources, probably because you think I'm too liberal (which I'm not, just very left-wing, and not your kind of catholic) so whatever I find has no credit.

So I advise you to look it up for yourself. It's true. And what's more, teenage pregnancy is rare here, too.

Europe is not one country. We're not Russia or Switzerland. I don't know why the Swiss abortion rates are so high (or at least, you say that they are - I know for a fact that the Russian rates are high). In Russia it has to do with poverty and alcoholism (a lot of men are alcoholics and abandon their families.) They are low here because we have affordable healthcare for all and good schools where sex ed is taught including birth control options. When you don't get pregnant by accident, you don't need an abortion. (Seems like Margaret Sanger had the same opinion on that.) As Antigone pointed out, the Rutgers stichting, which didn't perform abortions but only educated on birth control options, no longer exists.

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So far you have not accepted any of my sources, probably because you think I'm too liberal (which I'm not, just very left-wing, and not your kind of catholic) so whatever I find has no credit.

What sources? You gave none.

Where was there any implication what kind of Catholic you were.

Why read so much into a simple request for support of your claim?

So I advise you to look it up for yourself. It's true. And what's more, teenage pregnancy is rare here, too.
I'll take your word for it even though I have my doubts which you refuse to provide any proof for. I haven't even looked and figured you knew of a source since you made the claim and its your country. Its really irrelevant as to where I can make a difference to reduce abortions as I am in the States. Good job if you have had anything to do with a lower rate there though. ;)

Europe is not one country. We're not Russia or Switzerland. I don't know why the Swiss abortion rates are so high (or at least, you say that they are - I know for a fact that the Russian rates are high). In Russia it has to do with poverty and alcoholism (a lot of men are alcoholics and abandon their families.) They are low here because we have affordable healthcare for all and good schools where sex ed is taught including birth control options. When you don't get pregnant by accident, you don't need an abortion. (Seems like Margaret Sanger had the same opinion on that.) As Antigone pointed out, the Rutgers stichting, which didn't perform abortions but only educated on birth control options, no longer exists.

Well as I lived in Germany in the mid 80's for two hitches in the Army so I suppose I know what Europe is. I was across Checkpoint Charlie before the wall went down. So the reasons abortions are so high in Russia is because its the mens fault? That doesn't sound accurate.

Oh, so its a low rate in you're country because of good contraception? Abortifacient contraception is just as immoral as abortion you know?

No pregnancy should be considered an accident. Pregnancy is a blessing intended within a marriage. The problem is, fornication, and not being prepared for it.

Humane Vitae is the teaching of the Church. Not as some believe, which is to do whatever feels good and take precautions to remain irresponsible. Shame on those whe teach this.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
What sources? You gave none.

Where was there any implication what kind of Catholic you were.

Why read so much into a simple request for support of your claim?
Based on my experiences in the past, Joab. I do have a memory.

Epidemiology of teenage pregnancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lessons from the Dutch abortion experience. [Stud Fam Plann. 1996 Nov-Dec] - PubMed result

Consequences of U.S. and Dutch Approaches to Teen Sex » Sociological Images

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/494933

What the U.S. Can Learn from the Dutch About Teen Sex &#8211; TIME Healthland

Abortions (per capita) (most recent) by country

Oh, so its a low rate in you're country because of good contraception? Abortifacient contraception is just as immoral as abortion you know?
Not just as immoral, since abortion has the guarantee that it kills a baby, and the pill only kills the baby if the other means of contraception fail (preventing ovulation and blocking sperm). So you never know. Also, all women who have abortions know that it kills their baby and will it (if they're not forced), but most women who take the pill don't know that it might work as an abortifacient, and it is not the reason why they take the pill. That makes a difference as far as morality/sin is concerned.

Also, there are lots of non-abortifacient forms of birth control. Condoms, diaphragm, spermicide, NFP, sterilization. You can call them immoral, but they are not abortifacient.

Reactions: Antigone
Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Based on my experiences in the past, Joab. I do have a memory.

Epidemiology of teenage pregnancy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lessons from the Dutch abortion experience. [Stud Fam Plann. 1996 Nov-Dec] - PubMed result

Consequences of U.S. and Dutch Approaches to Teen Sex » Sociological Images

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/494933

What the U.S. Can Learn from the Dutch About Teen Sex &#8211; TIME Healthland

Abortions (per capita) (most recent) by country

Not just as immoral, since abortion has the guarantee that it kills a baby, and the pill only kills the baby if the other means of contraception fail (preventing ovulation and blocking sperm). So you never know. Also, all women who have abortions know that it kills their baby and will it (if they're not forced), but most women who take the pill don't know that it might work as an abortifacient, and it is not the reason why they take the pill. That makes a difference as far as morality/sin is concerned.

Also, there are lots of non-abortifacient forms of birth control. Condoms, diaphragm, spermicide, NFP, sterilization. You can call them immoral, but they are not abortifacient.

Cool, thanks for all the links. Thats what I asked for the first time. I will try to get to looking at them for credibility after work. Procrastinated going to work for long enough now and gotta get going.

Good point about the differences. I was thinking more along the lines of how immoral contraception encourages irresponsible fornication which results in abortion.

Yes these are all immoral - condoms, diaphragm, spermicide, sterilization. They all involve either preventing and or killing life.

Am I picking up a tone in the last few posts that means you do not like me to much?
If thats true, we really don't have to talk if you don't want - to prevent any unnecessary feelings of animosity. ;)

Upvote 0

Andrew Ryan

I like any king that can reign with his fist
Dec 18, 2010
Rapture
✟17,136.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Honestly, not quite sure why people like Stalin, Mao or other Communist leaders aren't more well known and why they aren't seen on the same level or even worse than Hitler. I think if you look at any of the Communist leaders you can see this to be true. I don't know, odd to me.

Upvote 0

Rebekka

Oct 25, 2006
✟34,375.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Good point about the differences. I was thinking more along the lines of how immoral contraception encourages irresponsible fornication which results in abortion.
Except that it often doesn't result in abortion, at least not over here.

I know this isn't the catholic view, but I don't see non-abortifacient contraception as immoral per se, within a faithful marriage. I do see fornication as immoral. I don't think one necessarily leads to the other.

Yes these are all immoral - condoms, diaphragm, spermicide, sterilization. They all involve either preventing and or killing life.
I know that the church sees both contraception and abortion as immoral, but you do agree that abortion is the greater evil, right?

Am I picking up a tone in the last few posts that means you do not like me to much?
If thats true, we really don't have to talk if you don't want - to prevent any unnecessary feelings of animosity. ;)
Sometimes you have this implicit tone of condescension, of not accepting sources of posters that aren't 100% orthodox catholics, as if they can't be right about anything. And that's a bit annoying.

But at other times you're likeable. It's quite unpredictable and confusing.

No need to unfriend me. ;)

Upvote 0