Nyköping
✟9,548.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Not sure if this is the right forum, maybe there should be a miracle section?

In any case, behold

This one is good too

I like the nuances of the KJV, such a this one:

John 1:9

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.​
However this is despite the fact that Hades and Gehenna are translated with the same word hell, even though we know from the contexts that Hades is a preservation until punishment while Gehenna is the destruction of the soul.

SuperCow

Site Supporter
Dec 14, 2018
Leonardtown, MD
✟205,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
However this is despite the fact that Hades and Gehenna are translated with the same word hell, even though we know from the contexts that Hades is a preservation until punishment while Gehenna is the destruction of the soul.

Also, in the Old Testament, the Hebrew word Sheol is translated as hell in the KJV, but it is also translated as grave or pit. Hell is used when referencing a wicked person, and grave is used when referencing a righteous person, thereby avoiding confusion for the reader.

Upvote 0

Aviel

Jun 21, 2023
Nashville
✟20,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The real question is why would God use the English translation?

Because God knew that in the last 500 yrs before the end times, that ENGLISH would become the International Language.

See, K.Greek, is a mostly dead language. whereas ENGLISH is the ONE LANGUAGE that all Countries try to learn as this is the universal language..

And God Knew that would be so, before you were born.

So, He has promoted the ENGLISH versions as the Bible(s).

God is really clever, and He is always way ahead of the rest.

Welcome to : God's FOREKnowledge.

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟9,548.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Also, in the Old Testament, the Hebrew word Sheol is translated as hell in the KJV, but it is also translated as grave or pit. Hell is used when referencing a wicked person, and grave is used when referencing a righteous person, thereby avoiding confusion for the reader.
Thank you for enlightening me on this fact. I would've said this is the right translation, if it wasn't for Jesus saying that soul and body are destroyed in "gehenna". We know that the soul is not destroyed in the grave, even the uncomfortable parts. And we know that no man can see God and live, at least if not born in his image.

Thus, "gehenna" is not referencing the underground, or preservation until punishment, but the punishment due on "the great and terrible day of the Lord". For as you know from previous episodes, those who sacrificed to false gods often found themselves on the altar. Therefore Gehenna is a statement of this fact, where the tables are turned.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟165,236.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Not sure if this is the right forum, maybe there should be a miracle section?

In any case, behold

This one is good too

I like the nuances of the KJV, such a this one:

John 1:9

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.​
Coincidences are not miracles. In fact, the original KJV translators admitted in writing that their translation was NOT inspired of God. And the guy in the video uses stupid numerology to prove that the KJV is "the inspired word of God." How ludicrous.

In fact, one way to avoid "KJV Holy Bible" worship is to examine and compare various versions with the accepted Greek and Hebrew texts. I personally like the way the KJV says certain things in certain verses. I've memorized many verses in the KJV. Yet I have discovered that truth is found in the context of scripture, not just in the verbiage. The KJV does not convey truth any more accurately than any other evangelical version of the Bible. (I am excepting cult versions like the New World Translation).

Another fact about the KJV is that it is translated from the Greek text created by Erasmus, who was in a hurry to beat other Greek compilers to the publishers. His Greek text lacked the last 6 verses of Revelation, so he translated those verses into Greek from the Latin Vulgate. It was an accurate translation, except for the term "book" of life (22:19). Older complete manuscripts render it "tree of life." Indeed, hardly an error that makes any difference salvifically.

My point is that no translation is inspired, not even the KJV, but they can all be trusted to convey salvific truth, because the translators are actually trying to translate the Greek and Hebrew texts as accurately as they possibly can. It is the gossipers and slanderers who claim that the translators of other modern versions are conspiring to corrupt the scriptures, which is categorically untrue.

• Winner
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟9,548.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Coincidences are not miracles. In fact, the original KJV translators admitted in writing that their translation was NOT inspired of God. And the guy in the video uses stupid numerology to prove that the KJV is "the inspired word of God." How ludicrous.

In fact, one way to avoid "KJV Holy Bible" worship is to examine and compare various versions with the accepted Greek and Hebrew texts. I personally like the way the KJV says certain things in certain verses. I've memorized many verses in the KJV. Yet I have discovered that truth is found in the context of scripture, not just in the verbiage. The KJV does not convey truth any more accurately than any other evangelical version of the Bible. (I am excepting cult versions like the New World Translation).

Another fact about the KJV is that it is translated from the Greek text created by Erasmus, who was in a hurry to beat other Greek compilers to the publishers. His Greek text lacked the last 6 verses of Revelation, so he translated those verses into Greek from the Latin Vulgate. It was an accurate translation, except for the term "book" of life (22:19). Older complete manuscripts render it "tree of life." Indeed, hardly an error that makes any difference salvifically.

My point is that no translation is inspired, not even the KJV, but they can all be trusted to convey salvific truth, because the translators are actually trying to translate the Greek and Hebrew texts as accurately as they possibly can. It is the gossipers and slanderers who claim that the translators of other modern versions are conspiring to corrupt the scriptures, which is categorically untrue.
If it is as you say with the six last verses, it has cruical significance for the numerology he presented. This kind of last minute edit is a typical sign from God.

It is not necessary to think that the versions compete with each other. Even the Latin rendition of Moses with horns can give insights even though it was a flaw. Or the translation of Lucifer in Ezekiel. Or other these types of variations, can give rise to valuable insight.

Although I have read John multiple times, even in the KJV, having read it a little bit just the other day I noticed that in the KJV, Jesus is the light that ligteth every man that cometh into this world. This nuance is different from the other translations, which say he is the light that is beholden by man, in various forms. These are different lights.

I would say the KJV is near perfect. Especially the rendition of Psalm 110.

The thing that ruins it is the translation of Gehenna as hell. I could settle the matter by saying there is some truth to Gehenna as hell, and Gehenna as the lake of fire. Both translations could complement each other.

For instance, does Paul talk about being in a prison before punishment? Or should we understand appointed unto man to die once, and then face punishment, as an immediate consquence of death?

Maybe both the prison alternative and the immediate judgement alternative hold truth from different views (lights).

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟165,236.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If it is as you say with the six last verses, it has cruical significance for the numerology he presented. This kind of last minute edit is a typical sign from God.

It is not necessary to think that the versions compete with each other. Even the Latin rendition of Moses with horns can give insights even though it was a flaw. Or the translation of Lucifer in Ezekiel. Or other these types of variations, can give rise to valuable insight.

Although I have read John multiple times, even in the KJV, having read it a little bit just the other day I noticed that in the KJV, Jesus is the light that ligteth every man that cometh into this world. This nuance is different from the other translations, which say he is the light that is beholden by man, in various forms. These are different lights.

I would say the KJV is near perfect. Especially the rendition of Psalm 110.

The thing that ruins it is the translation of Gehenna as hell. I could settle the matter by saying there is some truth to Gehenna as hell, and Gehenna as the lake of fire. Both translations could complement each other.

For instance, does Paul talk about being in a prison before punishment? Or should we understand appointed unto man to die once, and then face punishment, as an immediate consquence of death?

Maybe both the prison alternative and the immediate judgement alternative hold truth from different views (lights).
I use the NASB for most studies, and IMO it's more accurate than the KJV in some cases (although minor). There is no variance that changes any Christian doctrine. If someone "finds" something that does, they're looking in the wrong place IMO.

• Agree
Upvote 0