Not Hispanic or Latino
✟17,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Yikes on trikes is right. What happens if this stuff gets into the show in the future?
I believe all things are going to fail eventually.

Some people are even rewriting the Bible to accommodate sexual sin.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟696,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Then you would mean "Mormon interpretation" - not propaganda. And they only believe in the one Bible.

And we prefer to be called Latter-day Saints or LDS for short.

The LDS Church isn't into demons or Jewish myths that I know of.

Both the makers of the show and the LDS Church have claimed that there is no affiliation.

Have you ever taken the opportunity to read the Book of Mormon?
Year s ago I read some of it. I grew up in town next to Kirtland Oh which is a LDS special place with a historic church. Also been out to Salt Lake City and checked out the temple from the outside only. I really like LDS people. They are nice and peaceful. Even the homeless in Salt lake were nice.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

Jesus Christ is the Eternal God
May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟17,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Year s ago I read some of it. I grew up in town next to Kirtland Oh which is a LDS special place with a historic church. Also been out to Salt Lake City and checked out the temple from the outside only. I really like LDS people. They are nice and peaceful. Even the homeless in Salt lake were nice.
Cool. You've seen more than most. They recently purchased the Kirtland Temple back - you can get a tour.

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟696,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Cool. You've seen more than most. They recently purchased the Kirtland Temple back - you can get a tour.
I was raised Byzantine Catholic which is like Eastern Orthodox in aesthetics. Our youth group mom took us on a tour way back when. I remember The 33 steps on the stairs.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟208,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I believe all things are going to fail eventually.

Some people are even rewriting the Bible to accommodate sexual sin.
Eww, that is gross. Yep, we are in the end times.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟17,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
I was raised Byzantine Catholic which is like Eastern Orthodox in aesthetics. Our youth group mom took us on a tour way back when. I remember The 33 steps on the stairs.
Oh! - that must have been when the Community of Christ owned it. Was it weird?
Did u ever know the main modern Mormon church was burnt down. I think the arson was one of their own. It was the bottom of the valley I. Kirkland. They did rebuild.
Yes - I do remember reading about that. I think a Bishop did it if I'm not mistaken.
Also a few notable infamous killers had Kirtland connections. It has an eerie history like Salem or something
Among the LDS community?

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟98,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I find this logic to be dangerous because if you had lived during The Lord's mortal life and had an opportunity to meet Him - you would have rejected Him if you decided to remain consistent in this belief.
I have no idea what you talking about. Just because I reject to watch a show about Jesus, does not mean I reject Jesus. Otherwise I would not read the Bible, which is all about Jesus. The Bible is the only Word of God and therefore it is all I need.

If you want to watch the show, go ahead. But it is true there are things there that never happened in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟17,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
I have no idea what you talking about. Just because I reject to watch a show about Jesus, does not mean I reject Jesus. Otherwise I would not read the Bible, which is all about Jesus. The Bible is the only Word of God and therefore it is all I need.

If you want to watch the show, go ahead. But it is true there are things there that never happened in the Bible.
I'm sorry, you misunderstood me.

If you had lived at the time of the Lord - you would have rejected Him - since you would have been relying only on past revelation (the Old Testament) and would have rejected the New.

You would have said to yourself, "I heard that man and his disciples and what he said is not in the Torah. I can't mix up what he is saying with what the Writings. That is dangerous. The Prophets alone are sufficient.

I don't care about the TV show.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟696,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oh! - that must have been when the Community of Christ owned it. Was it weird?

Yes - I do remember reading about that. I think a Bishop did it if I'm not mistaken.

Among the LDS community?
Yeah sort of, but on the fringe. Lundgren was the most famous that comes to mind. Jeffrey Lundgren - Wikipedia. I took that tour probably 40 years ago and I believe it was LDS owned at the time and run like a museum. Maybe they lost control at some point? Kirtland also known for some race of humanoids called Melonheads. I think they made a horror movie about them. You could probably google Kirkland Mellonheads if curious. Kirtland ‘Melonheads’ Make the Movies

Upvote 0

Chris V++

Associate Member
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2018
Dela Where?
Visit site
✟696,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yeah sort of, but on the fringe. Lundgren was the most famous that comes to mind. Jeffrey Lundgren - Wikipedia. I took that tour probably 40 years ago and I believe it was LDS owned at the time and run like a museum. Maybe they lost control at some point? Kirtland also known for some race of humanoids called Melonheads. I think they made a horror movie about them. You could probably google Kirkland Mellonheads if curious. Kirtland ‘Melonheads’ Make the Movies
Here’s info about Lundgren. Apparently he gave that tour I was on where they pointed out those 33 steps. I doubt he was our specific guide but who knows… ‘Lundgren was living in a church-owned home in Kirtland, Ohio, he volunteered as a tour guide at the RLDS Church's historic Kirtland Temple next door. In this capacity, he began to teach the concept of "dividing the word", known as "chiastic interpretation" or "chiasmus", to interpret scriptures. Lundgren falsely…’

Upvote 0

Ivan Hlavanda

Mar 27, 2020
York
✟98,545.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you had lived at the time of the Lord - you would have rejected Him - since you would have been relying only on past revelation (the Old Testament) and would have rejected the New.
Where did I say something that I reject the New Testament?

I read the whole Bible, both OT and NT, as the entire Bible is the Word of God.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟17,805.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Where did I say something that I reject the New Testament?

I read the whole Bible, both OT and NT, as the entire Bible is the Word of God.
I understand your position fully - but you keep not understanding mine.

Had you lived during the time of Christ - there would not have been a New Testament yet. Correct?

If you maintained the same position then as you do now - that you don't accept any new revelations or interpretations outside what you have already received - then if you lived at the time of Christ you would have rejected Him and all the New Testament writings - since they would be new revelations and interpretations to you.

Same goes for if you had lived during the days of Noah - you would have said, "I have the stories of Adam, Seth, Enoch and Methuselah - I don't believe what this new guy is saying about an upcoming Flood."

I am arguing that the claim of, "I have enough revelation from God - I don't need anymore" - is dangerous - because it might cause you to reject what God is doing for you today.

Upvote 0