Snopes bias in their story "Unpacking Bidens claim Trump called US Soldiers 'Suckers' and 'Losers'

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Unnamed sources are not credible.
Veterans have it figured out. His history as a draft dodger and a liar pretty much settles that question. He despises us, because we went when we were called to serve.

"I got my spurs on the battlefield. Donald Trump got his in a doctor's note."
Gen. James Mattis, ret.

As polling shows Trump has already lost serious ground with active-duty service members, a fight over whether he thinks their fallen compatriots are suckers and losers isn't just dangerous for his standing with them and their families. More broadly, it shines a brighter light on Biden's effort to cast him as failing to understand the selfless sacrifices millions of Americans make for their communities and their countrymen every day.

The "bone spurs" which miraculously disappeared after the draft ended, were never actually documented. A physician who rented space from Trump's father, gave him the note.

Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟220,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We have Trump's denials and the assertions of veterans and others who were there. Why would anyone believe a compulsive liar like Trump?
Even recordings of Trump that are attorney client privileged have been made public, it is hard to think of any individual that has been recorded more than Trump in the last decade. Heresay is the best you have? That is telling. As to Mr. McCain, he had almost a cult following, the historical record that few wish to bring up on McCain is available in the Library of Congress"

Upvote 0

Postvieww

Believer
Sep 29, 2014
South
✟112,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Veterans have it figured out. His history as a draft dodger and a liar pretty much settles that question. He despises us, because we went when we were called to serve.

"I got my spurs on the battlefield. Donald Trump got his in a doctor's note."
Gen. James Mattis, ret.

As polling shows Trump has already lost serious ground with active-duty service members, a fight over whether he thinks their fallen compatriots are suckers and losers isn't just dangerous for his standing with them and their families. More broadly, it shines a brighter light on Biden's effort to cast him as failing to understand the selfless sacrifices millions of Americans make for their communities and their countrymen every day.

The "bone spurs" which miraculously disappeared after the draft ended, were never actually documented. A physician who rented space from Trump's father, gave him the note.
Not interested in opinion. I ask for names or video or some proof that these unnamed sources have a name. Otherwise this is all liberal propaganda.

• Agree
Reactions: Valletta
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟220,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Not interested in opinion. I ask for names or video or some proof that these unnamed sources have a name. Otherwise this is all liberal propaganda.
Exactly. On the other hand, Joe is on record telling lie after lie. Joe Biden claims he inherited 9% inflation.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
An unbiased fact checker organization should just say they found no record of Trump saying those words and not editorialize based on their own politics. This is the problem with fact-checkers in general.
In gneeral, widespreed, and specifically I think - a lot more than people may realize.... if a real fact checker checked the posts throughout all the forums on the internet, including this one, they would possibly find a .01 percent truth rate !!! (educated, biased, guestimate that I will illustrate if someone has some posts to fact-check , or thread topics. (most topics are , well, just plain sad ....) )

• Agree
Reactions: Valletta
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,982.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Not interested in opinion.
Even with names, still opinions... A kind of commentary I read years ago pointed out that Paul said your opinion doesn't matter, and my opinion doesn't matter, nor what we say - what GOD SAYS and what GOD DOES is what matters and that is what lasts. (what we do and say , even our very lives here, is like the grass or a flower, here today, gone tomorrow)

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟150,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Even recordings of Trump that are attorney client privileged have been made public, it is hard to think of any individual that has been recorded more than Trump in the last decade. Heresay is the best you have? That is telling. As to Mr. McCain, he had almost a cult following, the historical record that few wish to bring up on McCain is available in the Library of Congress"
Recorded communications between an attorney and a client are not covered by attorney/client privilege if those communications are about covering up a(nother) crime.

• Agree
Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We have Trump's denials and the assertions of veterans and others who were there. Why would anyone believe a compulsive liar like Trump?

Heresay is the best you have?
Veterans know who he is. No point in denial.

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As to Mr. McCain, he had almost a cult following
Most of us paid a much lower price for our service to America. Not surprising that he's regarded so highly by veterans.

Not surprising that Cadet Bone Spurs hates him, either. Everything about McCain is an indictment of Trump's life and failures.

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Valletta

Oct 10, 2020
Minnesota
✟220,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Most of us paid a much lower price for our service to America. Not surprising that he's regarded so highly by veterans.
I am sure some veterans just don't know McCain or aren't aware of his actions as a senator, many veterans don't think much of the guy. One of the other returned POWs asked me if I had seen McCain give Bui Tin (the man responsible for some of the torture of McCain's fellow POWs) a "big old bear hug."
See photo: FILE - In this Nov. 7, 1991, file photo, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., left, is hugged by former North Vietnam Col. Bui Tin on Capitol Hill in Washington after a hearing of the Senate Select Committee on POW and MIA affairs. Tin oversaw a military prison operation dubbed the "Hanoi Hilton," where McCain was held prisoner during the Vietnam War. McCain, the war hero who became the GOP's standard-bearer in the 2008 election, died Saturday, Aug. 25, 2018. He was 81. (AP Photo/Dennis Cook, File Stock Photo - Alamy
The code of conduct was there for a reason, the extensive information McCain provided could have resulted in many beatings for fellow American POWs.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟150,313.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I am sure some veterans just don't know McCain or aren't aware of his actions as a senator, many veterans don't think much of the guy. One of the other returned POWs asked me if I had seen McCain give Bui Tin (the man responsible for some of the torture of McCain's fellow POWs) a "big old bear hug."
See photo: FILE - In this Nov. 7, 1991, file photo, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., left, is hugged by former North Vietnam Col. Bui Tin on Capitol Hill in Washington after a hearing of the Senate Select Committee on POW and MIA affairs. Tin oversaw a military prison operation dubbed the "Hanoi Hilton," where McCain was held prisoner during the Vietnam War. McCain, the war hero who became the GOP's standard-bearer in the 2008 election, died Saturday, Aug. 25, 2018. He was 81. (AP Photo/Dennis Cook, File Stock Photo - Alamy
The code of conduct was there for a reason, the extensive information McCain provided could have resulted in many beatings for fellow American POWs.
“Jim, this man is dead.”

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,268.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I am sure some veterans just don't know McCain or aren't aware of his actions as a senator, many veterans don't think much of the guy.
At a speech in Lima, Ohio, on Wednesday, President Trump went off script into a five minute, ad-libbed attack on the late Sen. John McCain, a celebrated Vietnam War veteran and a former prisoner of war. Lost amid the unusual verbal attack on a deceased war hero by a sitting president was an inaccurate claim about veterans' issues.

President Trump slammed McCain for failing to pass a bill to expand VA services — a bill which in fact was originally sponsored by Sen. McCain.

"Our membership is varied," says Lindsay Rodman with Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America (IAVA), "We have many members who are strong President Trump supporters and we have some who oppose him."

While she said IAVA wouldn't directly criticize the president, she added, "John McCain's service was so extraordinary and exemplary. Being a POW for as many years as he was in Vietnam is the type of trial and tribulation that very few of our veterans may have experienced and.....I fear that some of them may be asking themselves, if John McCain's service has come into question, does that mean that the president doesn't appreciate their service and some of the sacrifices that they've made for this country?"

The veterans group AMVETS said in a statement, "AMVETS is, and always will be, disheartened when an attempt is made to tarnish the legacy of an honorable veteran, notably a prisoner of war. Veterans who serve their country selflessly, honorably, and with pride deserve our utmost respect, regardless of bias or political affiliation."

Veterans and active duty troops got the last word in 2020. Along with the majority of Americans we voted to fire Trump for that and other failings.

Military bases swung hard away from Republicans in 2020

By our calculations they moved towards Democrats by eight points, compared with a nationwide swing of just two

Trump says the military will vote for him. But he lost their support long ago.

But a Military Times survey conducted this August indicated former Vice President Joe Biden had 41.3 percent support from active-duty troops to Trump’s 37.4 percent. Third-party candidates came to just 12.8 percent — altogether, quite a shift from the 2016 poll.
The change is particularly noticeable given that members of the military generally lean Republican. Ahead of the 2018 midterms, for instance, 45 percent of troops polled intended to vote for Republican-backed candidates, in comparison to 28 percent backing Democratic candidates.

Upvote 0