• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Schools giving kids sex changes without parental knowledge

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟940,794.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
He is literally saying that schools will organise physical gender surgery for children. That he is lying is absolutely undeniable.
[emphasis added]

This post of yours was quoted which brought me back to re-read it, and I caught this. :) On the second page here I literally used the word "literally" three times in one sentence, and when questioned about it I explained why. It obviously had no effect.

Yes, I can literally say "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse", or "I died laughing".

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟294,768.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
[emphasis added]

This post of yours was quoted which brought me back to re-read it, and I caught this. :) On the second page here I literally used the word "literally" three times in one sentence, and when questioned about it I explained why. It obviously had no effect.

Yes, I can literally say "I'm so hungry I could eat a horse", or "I died laughing".
No, you can't. Using the word means that what you are saying actually happened. So you literally didn't die when you were laughing. Although what this has to do with the subject literally had me scratching my head in puzzlement (so you now know that I actually did scratch it).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟940,794.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
No, you can't. Using the word means that what you are saying actually happened. So you literally didn't die when you were laughing. Although what this has to do with the subject literally had me scratching my head in puzzlement (so you now know that I actually did scratch it).
I almost feel like a prophet. I'd recommend you read my early posts here, but you probably won't, so let me try this:

If I can't literally say "I died laughing", can I literally type those words on a keyboard so that they appear on your screen as I literally did in my preceding post?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟294,768.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I almost feel like a prophet. I'd recommend you read my early posts here, but you probably won't, so let me try this:

If I can't literally say "I died laughing", can I literally type those words on a keyboard so that they appear on your screen as I literally did in my preceding post?
Honestly, I'm literally not interested...

Upvote 0