• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Same Sex Marriage, please cast your vote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supernaut

What did they aim for when they missed your heart?
Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟19,939.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
To be recognized by whom? The state? The church?

Mainly the Church. As for the state, leave it to the Obama Admin. The point is that they have to fight the Church. They can't win by throwing more gay parades and crossdressing. If they want the Church to respect and condone these "marriages", they need to act with some semblance of decency.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
Mainly the Church. As for the state, leave it to the Obama Admin. The point is that they have to fight the Church. They can't win by throwing more gay parades and crossdressing. If they want the Church to respect and condone these "marriages", they need to act with some semblance of decency.

So, if I can ask, what benefits does one get if the church recognizes a marriage?

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
oh my goodness, and I thought this was a Christian forum!
Don't bother voting if you feel so strongly about the issue

Just want to let you know that if you want to address any questions to only Christians, there is a Christian only Ethics sub forum:
Christian Philosophy & Ethics - Christian Forums

Not saying you can't post here or anything, just trying to be helpful. :)

Upvote 0

Supernaut

Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟19,939.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
oh my goodness, and I thought this was a Christian forum!
Don't bother voting if you feel so strongly about the issue

Yes, this is a Christian forum. You will have the Fundamentalists, Liberal Christians, Progressive Christians, The False Christians, etc... Many, many different positions on the issue.

Why post a thread if you are opposed to strong feelings? Surely there would be the forsight to see that this is a very hotly debated subject.

Upvote 0

Supernaut

Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟19,939.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So, if I can ask, what benefits does one get if the church recognizes a marriage?

In actuality benefits apply only to Christians or those who claim to be. To be a part of Gods great Commission. To share in the growth of Faith and Love.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
In actuality benefits apply only to Christians or those who claim to be. To be a part of Gods great Commission. To share in the growth of Faith and Love.

Alright. So I go back to my statement about the state recognizing the marriages, and religious institutions being left to decide for themselves to recognize the marriage or not. What would be the difficulty in this?

Upvote 0

Supernaut

Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟19,939.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Alright. So I go back to my statement about the state recognizing the marriages, and religious institutions being left to decide for themselves to recognize the marriage or not. What would be the difficulty in this?

As a Christian I obviously have a different view on the use of the term "marriage". I still support gay marriage so long as they can disconnect with their immorality.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
As a Christian I obviously have a different view on the use of the term "marriage". I still support gay marriage so long as they can disconnect with their immorality.

It seems an extreme view to say that only Christian marriage is acceptable. I haven't heard many Christians actually have that view.

Upvote 0

Supernaut

Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟19,939.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It seems an extreme view to say that only Christian marriage is acceptable. I haven't heard many Christians actually have that view.

I accept any marriage as valid if they hold to the strict guidlines layed out in the Gospels/Epistles. (obviously with the exception of the gays)

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
I accept any marriage as valid if they hold to the strict guidlines layed out in the Gospels/Epistles. (obviously with the exception of the gays)

Which guidelines are those? For example:

I will not be married by a pastor/priest/reverend/any other Christian official.

I will not be married inside of a Church.

The name Jesus will not be said during the ceremony at all.

Would these things invalidate my marriage in your eyes? I'm really just curious.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Supernaut

Jun 12, 2009
Sacramento, CA
✟19,939.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Which guidelines are those? For example:

I will not be married by a pastor/priest/reverend/any other Christian official.

I will not be married inside of a Church.

The name Jesus will not be said during the ceremony at all.

Would these things invalidate my marriage in your eyes? I'm really just curious.

Actually, what matters to me, is that you choose to value the integrity of your marriage, cherish your wife, be monogamous, and just try to do the best you can by her. That is what I find most important.

So, without those things, I would not have high regards for the marriage.

Upvote 0

b&wpac4

Trying to stay away
Sep 21, 2008
✟25,295.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Engaged
Actually, what matters to me, is that you choose to value the integrity of your marriage, cherish your wife, be monogamous, and just try to do the best you can by her. That is what I find most important.

So, without those things, I would not have high regards for the marriage.

Well, good! Of course I value all of those things! :D

Upvote 0

lawtonfogle

My solace my terror, my terror my solace.
Apr 20, 2005
✟13,892.00
Faith
Christian
Traditionally marriage does not require that people be of the same race or religion...

But it CERTAINLY, INTERNATIONALLY AND UNIVERSALLY, requires it to be of the opposite gender.
60 year ago, you would have been tarred and feathered for you blasphemy against God's sacred institute by allowing a pure white folk to marry dirty blacks.

Just to note, the 'pure' and 'dirty' is an expression of past times, and I do not hold that view.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.