• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Question for my Democratic friends

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟819,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is it democratic to have a candidate placed by the hierarchy of the party and not voted on?

Kamala was not voted into her candidacy, she was gifted the position by the Party leaders and not the voters.

Looks more like a dictatorial line of succession than a democratic process.

Curious on how you explain this.

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟819,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you support an open convention so the representatives of the voters have the freedom to vote for the one their constituents want?

Reminder this has ZERO to do with Trump. Please stay on topic.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟618,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you support an open convention so the representatives of the voters have the freedom to vote for the one their constituents want?

Reminder this has ZERO to do with Trump. Please stay on topic.
As a centrist, I support an open convention for all parties, where voters can choose which candidate could run. :) But yes, an open DNC could work. Also, all DNC and RNC candidates should be allotted $1M for campaigns, so that no candidate has more campaign spending power than the other.

Are centrists allowed to partake in this thread, or only hardcore democrats?

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
We don't have to. Whoever the nominee is, they will have the support of democrats.

Democrats do not need to explain to republicans how the Democratic party chooses their candidate. You folks chose a convicted felon.

Maybe this will help you.

While certified candidates will be free to conduct campaigns on their own, the Democratic National Committee will host two televised town halls over a 10-day period for the certified candidates to appear together to make their case to the Democratic Convention delegates and the nation.

The messaging from these new, younger leaders — opposing Donald Trump, praising President Biden’s progress and explaining why they are best positioned to continue his progress — will be powerful and will, no doubt, command large television audiences.

The process will conclude at the Democratic National Convention where the candidates will be formally nominated and votes cast by the 3,933 elected delegates in the first round and 4,672 delegates in subsequent rounds which includes the automatic delegates.

After the presidential nominee is selected they will be asked to select their vice-presidential running mate to be presented to the convention for a vote the following day.

If this does not help I am sure there are other places to find out.

Reactions: xser88
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟163,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
They've known all along that Joe was neither fit for office nor for reelection. The Dems hid this fact with the help of the media. People with eyes and ears knew the truth, though. They waited until after Joe embarrassed himself in the debate against Trump in front of the whole country before admitting it. This was intentional. They wanted the man the people nominated to be removed so they could nominate whoever they wanted to without a vote. They're the real threat to democracy.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
They've known all along that Joe was neither fit for office nor for reelection. The Dems hid this fact with the help of the media. People with eyes and ears knew the truth, though. They waited until after Joe embarrassed himself in the debate against Trump in front of the whole country before admitting it. This was intentional. They wanted the man the people nominated to be removed so they could nominate whoever they wanted to without a vote. They're the real threat to democracy.
They hid Biden in plain sight. Republicans - Joe needs to go. Joe Biden - I am going. Republicans - You can't leave like you did!

I suggest the republicans worry more about the criminal they nominated and worry less about what the democrats are doing in their party.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟1,013,162.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
How is it democratic to have a candidate placed by the hierarchy of the party and not voted on?

Kamala was not voted into her candidacy, she was gifted the position by the Party leaders and not the voters.

The parties have always been free to appoint their candidates however they see fit. It is not like there is a lot of time to mess around. You might as well ask why Trump didn't bother to debate. He was simply the obvious choice no matter how some might have opposed him.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

E pluribus unum
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟346,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Maybe this will help you.

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4782616-dnc-process-biden-withdrawal/
While certified candidates will be free to conduct campaigns on their own, the Democratic National Committee will host two televised town halls over a 10-day period for the certified candidates to appear together to make their case to the Democratic Convention delegates and the nation.
This is just a proposal, posted about an hour before Biden's announcement. There is not indication this will happen.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟817,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

I think it can easily be explained by the fact that the Democratic National Convention has not yet convened. At said convention, delegates from all over the nation will be able to vote for the candidate of their choice.

Keep in mind one other thing. Though we have democratic elections, we are also a Republic meaning we vote democratically for people that will represent us in government.

Does that answer your question?

Let me pose a question to you. When the nation democratically votes for the people they wish to be represented by, should the rules of that democratic republic be adhered to? I'm specifically speaking about the Constitution. Should a democratically elected party leader be given the power to demand that the rules of the Electoral College not be adhered to?

Let me clarify in more specific terms.....Should a sitting President be allowed to demand that the members of the Electoral College not ratify that candidate with the majority of votes? More so, should that same sitting President be allowed to demand that the sitting Vice President illegally NOT ratify the Electoral College's ratification of their state's vote? Added to that, should a sitting President, having failed to illegally overturn a legally ratified vote encourage his followers to invade the capital building of the government in an effort to stop the winner of a free election whose vote has been ratified by the same government be allowed to encourage said invaders to stop the ratified vote from being confirmed?

Curious how you explain all that.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟201,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

As a return to good sense. The primary system is certainly one progressive idea that turned out to be a disaster.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟819,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We don't have to. Whoever the nominee is, they will have the support of democrats.
Yes I am aware of the hive mentality and how they have a new queen. Swarm, swarm should be their new logo!
Democrats do not need to explain to republicans how the Democratic party chooses their candidate.
Ah, the famous “I don’t need to justify my actions to anyone’ defense
You folks chose a convicted felon.
Yrs the Republicans gave their voters the chance to choose their candidate.

It is a refreshing idea and part of our Democracy.

• Winner
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
This is just a proposal, posted about an hour before Biden's announcement. There is not indication this will happen.
You left out this part.

"If this does not help I am sure there are other places to find out."

Non-Democrats do not need to worry about how the Democrats will choose their nominee, and the faux concern while telling democrats that they are being disenfranchised by their own party is an old trick for the rightists. They also did this to Hillary Clinton.

Nearly two-thirds of Democrats want Biden to withdraw, new AP-NORC poll finds

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟819,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it can easily be explained by the fact that the Democratic National Convention has not yet convened. At said convention, delegates from all over the nation will be able to vote for the candidate of their choice.
Only if it is an open convention and currently it is not.
Keep in mind one other thing. Though we have democratic elections, we are also a Republic meaning we vote democratically for people that will represent us in government.

Does that answer your question?

Let me pose a question to you. When the nation democratically votes for the people they wish to be represented by, should the rules of that democratic republic be adhered to? I'm specifically speaking about the Constitution. Should a democratically elected party leader be given the power to demand that the rules of the Electoral College not be adhered to?

Let me clarify in more specific terms.....Should a sitting President be allowed to demand that the members of the Electoral College not ratify that candidate with the majority of votes? More so, should that same sitting President be allowed to demand that the sitting Vice President illegally NOT ratify the Electoral College's ratification of their state's vote? Added to that, should a sitting President, having failed to illegally overturn a legally ratified vote encourage his followers to invade the capital building of the government in an effort to stop the winner of a free election whose vote has been ratified by the same government be allowed to encourage said invaders to stop the ratified vote from being confirmed?

Curious how you explain all that.
Open yet another thread on the topic, there are quite a few already. And I’ll jump in

This thread is about the Democrats appointing a candidate who was not even running for the office.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟819,435.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You left out this part.

"If this does not help I am sure there are other places to find out."

Non-Democrats do not need to worry about how the Democrats will choose their nominee, and the faux concern while telling democrats that they are being disenfranchised by their own party is an old trick for the rightists. They also did this to Hillary Clinton.

Nearly two-thirds of Democrats want Biden to withdraw, new AP-NORC poll finds

Got it. Republicans are not allowed to ask questions. I’ll remember that.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

E pluribus unum
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟346,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Only if it is an open convention and currently it is not.

Open yet another thread on the topic, there are quite a few already. And I’ll jump in

This thread is about the Democrats appointing a candidate who was not even running for the office.
As of yesterday, VP Harris notified the FEC that she was no longer a candidate for VP, but instead was a candidate for President. So, she is now a candidate for President, and thus will be when the Democratic National Convention delegates vote for the nomination.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Got it. Republicans are not allowed to ask questions. I’ll remember that.
It wasn't a real question. It was a statement telling democrats that they are being disenfranchised by their own party.

Here is this.​

Harris secures enough delegates to win Democratic nomination

Kamala Harris has the support of enough Democratic delegates to win the party’s nomination for president, according to CNN’s delegate estimate.
While endorsements from delegates continue to come in, Harris has now been backed by well more than the 1,976 pledged delegates she’ll need to win the nomination on the first ballot.
Harris crossed the threshold amid a wave of endorsements from state delegations Monday evening.
These endorsements are not binding and with President Joe Biden out of the race, delegates are free to vote for the candidate of their choice.

Any other questions?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟392,813.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It wasn't a real question. It was a statement telling democrats that they are being disenfranchised by their own party.

Here is this.​

Harris secures enough delegates to win Democratic nomination

Kamala Harris has the support of enough Democratic delegates to win the party’s nomination for president, according to CNN’s delegate estimate.
While endorsements from delegates continue to come in, Harris has now been backed by well more than the 1,976 pledged delegates she’ll need to win the nomination on the first ballot.
Harris crossed the threshold amid a wave of endorsements from state delegations Monday evening.
These endorsements are not binding and with President Joe Biden out of the race, delegates are free to vote for the candidate of their choice.

Any other questions?
My issue with all this is that I had a washed up reality star with low morals and ethics I wanted to get on the ticket.

Grrrrrrr.

Reactions: A2SG
Upvote 0

Nithavela

you're in charge you can do it just get louis
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟527,613.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

This is the process in many democracies. The primary system of the USA, where not only the final winner, but also candidates are voted upon, is not the norm.

Upvote 0