• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Paris Olympics swapped Jesus and his disciples with men in drag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,998,867.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Solo81

Jan 19, 2024
Gundy
✟32,818.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Gross. Mercifully missed that one.
I watched the clip on your Unilad link. It's at the start, not the end. He begins the performance with his nuts out.

For anyone interested: 12 or 13 seconds into the clip.

That's enough talk of testicles for me for today.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

you're in charge you can do it just get louis
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟521,433.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Can you decipher the fact that a parody isn't meant to be an exact duplicate?
Usually a parody of the painting at least gets the number of participiants right.

Fastsupper.jpg

Although my favorite parody actually only has one participant.

Rosner-Fast-Food-Trump.jpg

Upvote 0

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟704,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Usually a parody of the painting at least gets the number of participiants right.
That's a rather absurd grasping at straws argument for the olympics spectacle not being as much of a mockery as the image above.

See it's more than just a painting. The painting is a representation of a Sacred event. It's the event itself that's being mocked. The event where Jesus was having communion with his deciples before turning himself over to be crucified.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟585,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Translation: Don't object to it. Act like you don't care. Act like you're okay with it.
By all means, object to it. Just know you’re likely falling for their trap of getting a predictable reaction out of you and generating buzz and clicks.

Upvote 0

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟704,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
By all means, object to it. Just know you’re likely falling for their trap of getting a predictable reaction out of you and generating buzz and clicks.
I get it. If we object to this we're being suckers, so we should act like we don't care about anything they do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟585,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I get it. If we object to this we're being suckers, so we should act like we don't care about anything they do.
I mean… do you really care? It’s the opening ceremony for the Olympics. It’s not like this the Catholic Church putting on the show or something. It is a secular event after all.

Upvote 0

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟704,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Forgive them for they for they know not what they do.
Jesus saying that does not mean we are supposed to remain silent regarding immorality and wrongdoing. I mean you might as well apply that to speaking out against white supremacists the way you're trying to use it.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Discern the Difference!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,194,110.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

It angers me but more than anything it makes me sad. I'm sad to see Jesus and the last supper mocked this way.

It's not a big deal. I mean, it's not as if the New Covenant that Jesus provided is some sort of sacred thing to prize above all else ... ... ...

It's ok to mock it.

Upvote 0

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟704,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I mean… do you really care? It’s the opening ceremony for the Olympics. It’s not like this the Catholic Church putting on the show or something. It is a secular event after all.
Again, I get it. I shouldn't say anything about it. No matter how you slice it, "keep quiet" is the obvious persuasion.

Upvote 0

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟704,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It's not a big deal. I mean, it's not as if the New Covenant that Jesus provided is some sort of sacred thing to prize above all else ... ... ...

It's ok to mock it.
More humanistic philosophy to appeal to the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟231,332.00
Faith
Non-Denom
It seems like the Paris Olympics are getting exactly the reaction they likely wanted.
I don't know. Did they really want to turn off millions upon millions of those in the religious sectors? You would wonder why they would want to. They spend a number of years to create an event that everyone overall would consider was stellar? You tick off millions of potential viewers...WHY? The reaction they'll get I think they'll find was counterproductive to their goals.

I usually watch the Olympics but I can live without it. Some years I've watched them....some years not.....this year now because of this.....ah think I'll pass. No skin off their nose? Maybe not and I'm not a social activist of one wanting to rise up and get hot under the collar about it. But as for me I think I'll have the TV turned off this year. So if they want to congratulate themselves that they turned many off....well fine.....let them do that. I'll just stick with national sports this year.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟231,332.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Well maybe to a point. I think overall it's counter productive to achieving greater viewer ship of the games. But what do I know. I'm the type of person who if a business got too political or controversial I'd be saying they're doing pretty dumb and I'd probably go somewhere else. There's so many options of different type of sports one could put their attention on.....you want to tick me off......think I'll just watch national football or baseball or maybe even bowling. Oh yeah you over in Paris? Enjoy your games.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟600,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If we weren’t told that this is a depiction of the Last Supper, how would we come to the conclusion that this is supposedly depicting the last supper?, I see no bread nor wine on the table.

C'mon. The positioning of everybody on one side of the table, focusing the attention on the halo-wearing central figure - the similarity was obvious to me the moment I saw it. It wasn't subtle.

Looks like some kind of audio equipment. Definetely not something to eat or drink.

It was a DJ turntable and mixer setup. Not plugged in to anything.

Oh yeah, an accident! The choreographed, rehearsed and practised routine *suddenly* had a malfunction that couldn't have been avoided.
Purely from a technical perspective, this broadcast was loaded with errors and malfunctions, not the least of which was them flying the Olympic flag upside down. The camera work was atrocious; Peacock's feed had tons of audio hitches; and the commentators kept talking over the musical segments. It was bad enough that it was kind of hard to watch. I'm following a couple discussions about it in some production groups and the bad camera work seems to at least be partly a result of some poor choices that were then exacerbated by the rain that wasn't sufficiently planned for. Many of the cameras were robotic, remote-controlled cams built onto large truss structures mounted on boats, but only some of the cameras had anti-rain gear, while others were mounted high enough on the truss that it was hard for the operators to wipe them. Even with gimbles, boats are unstable - making the image bounce around a lot, and a bunch of cameras kept failing in the rain.

As to the level of offense being felt by some regarding the drag Last Supper - the Last Supper is a painting; it is not scripture. I'll start taking your concerns more seriously when you all get this whipped up about Trump and Lee Greenwood bastardizing the actual Bible.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.