• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Moon it's own source of light

Does the moon give it's own light?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,264,648.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well yeah, I mean then you've got this 7.35 x 1022 kilograms blob of hemoglobin out there, may or not be the source of it's own light (probably still is if you are a literalist I guess). I suppose it insta-freezes solid and stays there all things being equal. But we also have

Revelation 16 1
The second angel poured out his bowl on the sea, and it turned into blood like that of a dead man, and every living thing in the sea died. The third angel poured out his bowl on the rivers and springs of water, and they became blood.

And there's just blood everywhere, blood. blood, blood...

SO maybe it DOESN'T just insta-freeze solid and stay there, maybe that's how the oceans and rivers get all bloody with the bowls you start with a blood moon and it goes from there. Gravity stress cracks it apart and pulls it in and then queue Peter Gabriel

===
(I've never heard anyone argue for a literal blood moon before, and I'm not a scriptural literalist on most things, but if I was I might sound something like the above. Just thought I'd try it on for once, it's easier than I thought)
You win for posting a clip of one of my favourite artists :oldthumbsup:

Reactions: Petros2015
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟269,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I think Petros was referring to the moon changing from cheese into blood.
-

I have not been keeping up with his or other post in this thread and was just replying to his quoting of my post.
So if he was referring to some stupid cheese post i was not aware of it.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,264,648.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I have not been keeping up with his or other post in this thread and was just replying to his quoting of my post.
So if he was referring to some stupid cheese post i was not aware of it.
Cheese was my embellishment.

• Love
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟302,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
-

That is kind of unusual, as you always post arguments for(or from) science.
Cheese was my embellishment.
1721839455752.png

• Haha
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟282,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
NIV
And God said, “Let there be lights in the vault of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark sacred times, and days and years, and let them be lights in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth.” And it was so. God made two great lights—the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. God set them in the vault of the sky to give light on the earth,

NKJV
Then God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs and seasons, and for days and years; and let them be for lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth”; and it was so. Then God made two great lights: the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night. He made the stars also. God set them in the firmament of the heavens to give light on the earth,

CJB
God said, “Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to divide the day from the night; let them be for signs, seasons, days and years; and let them be for lights in the dome of the sky to give light to the earth”; and that is how it was. God made the two great lights — the larger light to rule the day and the smaller light to rule the night — and the stars. God put them in the dome of the sky to give light to the earth,

NRSVCE
And God said, “Let there be lights in the dome of the sky to separate the day from the night; and let them be for signs and for seasons and for days and years, and let them be lights in the dome of the sky to give light upon the earth.” And it was so. God made the two great lights—the greater light to rule the day and the lesser light to rule the night—and the stars. God set them in the dome of the sky to give light upon the earth,

NCB
God said, “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heavens to separate the day from the night; let them be markers to separate seasons and days and years, and let them be lights in the firmament of the heavens to give light to the earth.” And it was so. God made the two great lights, the greater light to rule over the day and the lesser light to rule over the night, and he also made the stars. God placed them in the firmament of the heavens to light the earth

What if...

the world that then was had been entirely destroyed? Then after the flood our ancestors on the ark were brought to a high mountain, from which waters receded, it was an entirely new world for them, not having things there were before, that had been described. This does not get considered, that I know of, but this has good basis in the description Bible passages show, more than other ideas contrary to that.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟269,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
What if...

the world that then was had been entirely destroyed? Then after the flood our ancestors on the ark were brought to a high mountain, from which waters receded, it was an entirely new world for them, not having things there were before, that had been described. This does not get considered, that I know of, but this has good basis in the description Bible passages show, more than other ideas contrary to that.
-
The earth was changed, as the single piece of circular land/ground/earth God created Genesis 1:1. Was eventually divided up, which i believed possibly could have happened sometime after the flood and after the tower of Babel. In Genesis 10 is stated To Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg, for in his days the earth was divided; and his brother’s name was Joktan.

But nothing has changed up in the sky as the sun, moon and stars are still there moving over the earth.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟282,113.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
-
The earth was changed, as the single piece of circular land/ground/earth God created Genesis 1:1. Was eventually divided up, which i believed possibly could have happened sometime after the flood and after the tower of Babel. In Genesis 10 is stated To Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg, for in his days the earth was divided; and his brother’s name was Joktan.

But nothing has changed up in the sky as the sun, moon and stars are still there moving over the earth.

Okay, but how can you know for sure? Do you know scripture passages that tell you that for sure... which you can show and persuade others with it?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟269,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Okay, but how can you know for sure? Do you know scripture passages that tell you that for sure... which you can show and persuade others with it?
-
Look at this verse in Genesis 1

Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so.

Waters gathered into one place and then the dry land appeared. That can be only one thing water circling the dry land.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,264,648.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

Then God said, “Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear”; and it was so.

Waters gathered into one place and then the dry land appeared. That can be only one thing water circling the dry land.
Or land surrounding water.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟551,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
-

None of that, not one word, is incompatible with the spheroid Earth.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟551,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
You mean like Antarctica which is God's boundary ?

You yourself previously denied the existence of Antarctica, so which is it?

This is exactly my point, that you don’t have a defined definition of the world, you are just nitpicking on this particular issue.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Apple Sky

In Sight Like Unto An Emerald
Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2024
south wales
✟85,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You yourself previously denied the existence of Antarctica, so which is it?

I denied the existence of the continent of Antarctica that is shown on the globe, but I have never denied Antarctica that circumferences the earth.

Upvote 0

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟302,775.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I denied the existence of the continent of Antarctica that is shown on the globe, but I have never denied Antarctica that circumferences the earth.

Pics or it didn't happen.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟551,971.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate

The irony of that map is that the man who made it while ostensibly believing in a flat Earth admitted in his patent application to using a globe as a reference.

At any rate, using that map or any other, you still have the problem of those pesky flights between the Southern Continents, which would take spectacularly long times if that map was accurate. We’re talking Charles Lindbergh or Burt Rhutan type flight times. Pan Am Clipper flying boat travel times in the early 30s. Not the mere hours these actually take.

Also travel times across Australia and Brazil would be greatly exaggerated. It would take at least nine hours I reckon to fly from Sydney to Perth or from Rio de Janeiro to Lima, vs. the five hours and change it actually takes.

And as for flight times from Egypt or Ethiopia or Kenya to West Africa, that would be like Los Angeles to Tokyo. You would need relief pilots on transcontinental flights, which hasnt been a thing since the 1950s.

Upvote 0