loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Michelle Obama named 'most admired' woman in the world
Michelle Obama has been named the “most admired woman” in the world in a major new US survey.

The former first lady, who had consistently higher popularity ratings than her husband while they were in the White House, surpassed the current US president and first lady in Gallup’s annual poll.

It is the second year in a row Ms Obama has earned the accolade of world’s most venerated woman. The 55-year-old took ten per cent of the vote, followed by Melania Trump who gained five per cent of it.

Hillary Clinton, Oprah Winfrey and Greta Thunberg all took three per cent of the vote each.

Ms Obama was also found to be the most admired woman worldwide in a poll carried out by YouGov in July – coming higher than the Queen.
tulc(thought this was awesome!) :clap:

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,740.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well this is certainly no surprise. I mean, all those accomplishments. She married a guy who later became President. Plus all those other things she did. And other stuff. So many things and stuff I can't even recall it all.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Let them give each other accolades as high to the moon. Our treasures are in God. not here. What could the Devil possibly offer us that the Lord has not layed for us in heaven.
Welcome to CF Lovetrusion! I hope you're blessed by your time here. :clap:
tulc( :wave: )

Reactions: martymonster
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, the most admired woman in the world in the US means she is the most admired woman in the US and not in the world? :D
uhmmm...I honestly have no idea what you're trying to say in your post. Could you explain? :scratch:
tulc(likes to understand what posters are saying) :wave:

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well this is certainly no surprise. I mean, all those accomplishments. She married a guy who later became President. Plus all those other things she did. And other stuff. So many things and stuff I can't even recall it all.
Well, there was that six-figure, no-show "job" she was given back in her Chicago days...

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟868,740.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Well, there was that six-figure, no-show "job" she was given back in her Chicago days...
Darn straight, that was quite an accomplishment. I know I've never landed a huge salary gig for a job I didn't know how to do and didn't have to show up for.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lovetrusion

Dec 31, 2019
Bath
✟8,255.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh come on, don't tell me that's not an accomplishment. Have you ever landed a huge salary gig for a job you didn't know how to do and didn't have to show up for? :D

Where can I find this job? Do you know anyone hiring?

• Haha
Reactions: Chesterton
Upvote 0

Monksailor

Adopted child of God.
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2017
Port town on west (tan sands) shore line of MI
Visit site
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Charlie24

Oct 17, 2014
✟103,731.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
and yet, she's still the most admired woman in the world. And, as an interesting aside, Hillary Clinton has been the number 1 most admired woman 22 out of the last 25 years. :wave:
tulc(thought that also was interesting)
I don't care who you are, that's funny.

Two sweet peas in a pod, how precious.

Upvote 0

ArmenianJohn

Politically Liberal Christian Fundamentalist
Jan 30, 2013
New Jersey (NYC Metro)
✟205,252.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Reactions: FenderTL5
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟614,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Michelle Obama was named the most admired woman in this poll, with 10% of the vote.

The 10% naming [Michelle] Obama this year is down from 15% last year. The 2018 poll was conducted shortly after she released her bestselling autobiography.

Current first lady Melania Trump finished second this year, mentioned by 5%, with former talk show host Oprah Winfrey, Clinton and teen climate change activist Greta Thunberg named by 3% of U.S. adults each. The remainder of the top 10 for women includes Britain’s Queen Elizabeth II, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren, German Chancellor Angela Merkel and former U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley.
Gallup: President Trump, Obama Tied for America's Most Admired Man

Upvote 0

miamited

Ted
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2010
Seneca SC
✟705,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So, the most admired woman in the world in the US means she is the most admired woman in the US and not in the world? :D

Hi SC,

I think the article makes it pretty clear that the question asked was: Of all the women in the world, who do you think is the most admired? The question was asked of Americans.

So yes, this is who Americans think, overall, is the most admired woman in the world.

Then they asked the same question regarding men and, among Americans overall, President Barack Obama and President Donald Trump came in at a fairly even tie.

I would agree that this isn't likely 'who' all the people of the entire globe think of as the most admired woman or man.

God bless,
In Christ, ted

Upvote 0