Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Over 112,000 Americans overdosed in 2023. Over 70,000 overdosed on fentanyl, a particularly dangerous synthetic opioid. While it’s easy to focus on numbers, we can’t forget that these aren’t statistics. They’re people. They leave behind parents, brothers, sisters and children. They’re futures lost. They’re lives squandered.

We owe it to victims of this epidemic to do everything we can to curb the flow of fentanyl from overseas (where the vast majority of it originates) into American cities and towns. This poison is a direct threat to the security of America’s citizens. And, though America’s borders are a point of grave concern, they are also the best opportunity we have to seize fentanyl and damage the cartels responsible.

This seems like a good idea to me. What do you think?

dzheremi

Coptic Orthodox non-Egyptian
Aug 27, 2014
✟433,799.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
For everyone's sake, I sure hope AI is better at stopping fentanyl than it is at stopping the kids I tutor from adding unnecessary spaces around quotation marks " like this ". I have my doubts after using AI every day (we can't opt out of it, unfortunately), but again, I hope it is.

Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟134,821.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure. Do get AI to help with fentanyl. But the real problem is China. And then there is Mexico. The open southern border is not helping.

Tell China to make the fentanyl problem go away, or no more trade. And it better be quick about it.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

Stephen3141

Mar 14, 2023
Southwest
✟43,100.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Most illegal drugs come into the U.S. via container ships, in ports.

If the U.S. used intelligent software to allocate resources, to stop
these illegal drugs, it would suggest focussing law enforcement
resources on the big container ship ports.

Upvote 0