• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Kamala Harris for President - the excitement is growing

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,874,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Democratic donors are immediately mobilizing around Kamala Harris as their party’s next presidential nominee, offering Democratic elites something they have not felt in weeks.​
Optimism.​
Advisers and major givers said on Sunday that they were being inundated with enthusiasm and word of planned donations to support Ms. Harris if she became the official Democratic candidate.​
Multiple Biden donors and their advisers said that they were hearing from previously despondent donors who were ready to give to support a Harris-led ticket. One Silicon Valley bundler raised over $1 million in a 30-minute period, the person shared.​
Alexandra Acker-Lyons, a Democratic donor-adviser who has spent the last few days behind the scenes trying to raise pledges for Ms. Harris, said that she had “gotten a barrage of emails, texts and calls” with promises to give. “People who hadn’t given at all asking where to give,” she said.​

Joe Biden is a wonderful man and will be remembered as a successful President. He endorces Harris. There is a lot of excitement about her as a candidate for President.

Erica L. Green
July 21, 2024, 4:46 p.m. ET21 minutes ago​
21 minutes ago
Representative Jim Clyburn, who helped save Biden’s 2020 campaign and remained steadfast in his support for Biden to stay in the 2024 race, issued a statement praising Biden’s “selfless service” and “unparagoned leadership.” He said he “echoed the good judgement” that Biden displayed in choosing Harris as his vice president, and that he would “follow his lead in support of her candidacy to succeed him.”​

Leading Democrats are voicing their support for Vice President Kamala Harris on Sunday as their party seeks a nominee to replace President Biden in the 2024 race, now that he has taken himself out of the running.​
Former President Bill Clinton and former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton were among the pool of politicians to endorse Harris, after Mr. Biden did the same on the heels of an announcement confirming his decision to withdraw.​
"We join millions of Americans in thanking President Biden for all he has accomplished, standing up for America time and again, with his North Star always being what's best for the country. We are honored to join the President in endorsing Vice President Harris and will do whatever we can to support her," the Clintons said in a joint statement. .....​
The political arm of the Congressional Black Caucus, CBCPAC, also has come out in support of Harris, as well as the head of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus, Rep. Nanette Barragán of California.​
"The Congressional Black Caucus PAC joins President Biden in fully supporting Kamala Harris as our party's nominee," said CBCPAC chairman Rep. Gregory Meeks and caucus chairman Rep. Steven Horsford in a statement. "She has been instrumental in delivering the accomplishments of the last 3.5 years and has led on lowering maternal mortality rates, protecting reproductive freedoms, and ensuring economic opportunities for all. She will do an excellent job as president of the United States."​
Other powerful Democratic figures, like former President Barrack Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, commended Mr. Biden in the wake of the withdrawal but did not endorse Harris outright. Obama released a lengthy statement responding to the announcement, in which he praised Mr. Biden — his former vice president — as "a patriot of the highest order" and "one of America's most consequential presidents."​

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,874,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
She isn't the nominee. Biden supports her but the rest must do the same. They'll decide in August.

~bella
Correct . But the excitement for her is growing. I was listening to commentary the other day that there was a lot of excitement at the idea and that there are many Dems who were not so excited about the race got enthused at the idea of it .

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟1,004,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Correct . But the excitement for her is growing. I was listening to commentary the other day that there was a lot of excitement at the idea and that there are many Dems who were not so excited about the race got enthused at the idea of it .

They could have done this a long time ago if she was pick. Don't be surprised if she's not. They waited for a reason.

~bella

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,874,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They could have done this a long time ago if she was pick. Don't be surprised if she's not. They waited for a reason.

~bella
"They" could not have done anything as Biden was running and she did not run for President.

The donors are lining up behind Harris as well as many groups.
I will be surprised if someone else is chosen.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟1,004,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The convention will be high comedy. I never watch conventions from either party. I'm watching this one.:thumbsup:

We were warned there may be unrest in May and that demonstrations were planned. When Trump was shot I got everything I needed that wasn't in walking distance for the year. The whole thing is ridiculous and we're in for a wild ride.

~bella

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,874,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The convention will be high comedy. I never watch conventions from either party. I'm watching this one.:thumbsup:
I think it is something that will spark enthusiasm with the Democrats. Good.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟1,004,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
"They" could not have done anything as Biden was running and she did not run for President.

The donors are lining up behind Harris as well as many groups.
I will be surprised if someone else is chosen.

He could have stepped down earlier but they want a circus. That's why I post what Trump says elsewhere. While we're debating they're making moves. The only thing people should be focusing on is getting crypto if they have none. That's the real agenda along with AI and a few others. None of which he's spelling out in the rally's. But he says it elsewhere.

Look at the cover. It's from 1988. They're ready. Look what's burning.

~bella

IMG_0427.png

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟1,004,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
  • Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟1,004,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Didn't they stop using the US dollar as the "official petrol dollar" last week?

Saudi Arabia dropped the petro dollar recently. Yellen admitted the sanctions were hurting it and driving them to other currencies. But they knew that all along. The dollar must fall for them to make the switch to digital currency.

~bella

• Informative
Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,874,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
He could have stepped down earlier but they want a circus. That's why I post what Trump says elsewhere. While we're debating they're making moves. The only thing people should be focusing on is getting crypto if they have none. That's the real agenda along with AI and a few others. None of which he's spelling out in the rally's. But he says it elsewhere.

~bella

Please stick to the topic.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,874,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I am just hoping a more conservative democrat steps up to the plate, if that makes any sense.

This guy is a Democrat, but is pro-life:
No name recognition and he does not have the donors behind him or other large groups.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No name recognition and he does not have the donors behind him or other large groups.
It seems like all the best people that could run for office have no recognition. It is funny and somewhat sad, how our country seems to pick candidates that are not as good as the no-name ones.

But hey, that's life, and there is nothing we can do about it. All we can do, is pray for a change in the two-party system, that both sides can come together, and exchange ideas, and that we can get more conservative Democrats, more centrists in general, and more liberal Republicans.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would agree with the first part if I was neutral in this thing, but I have to say that no, I don't think it makes sense. The Democrats, for the last several decades have doubled down on turning left. That's why they are finally losing people in droves. It just got more and more stupid until enough people snapped out of the spell. They may not vote republican, but a lot of them certainly cannot bring themselves to vote for the "we don't know what a woman is" party. And that doesn't even get into the ACTUAL government policy fails like the border, inflation, etc. As Reagan asked, Are you better off now than you were four years ago? I actually am, because I retired. And because I live on 32 private acres in rural Kentucky, the risk of anything going on right now affecting my wife and me is very low. And as my brother in law said, when he toured the property a few years ago, "this could be a compound". The two streams seal the deal. Nothing is guaranteed, but we could support all our children and grandchildren here if it came to that. But I highly doubt it will.

So we just enjoy it as our own little garden of eden. This is the view mowing my 9 acre lawn last week - driveway on the right. And the property is worth 1/3 the price of a 60 year old 3 bedroom rambler on a small lot in the Seattle exurbs (i.e. I'm not rich, that's why I'm mowing my own lawn), and the RE taxes reflect that:
View attachment 352017
Yeah, the Democrats and Republicans were halfway decent parties 10-20 years ago, but that has all changed over the past decade. It makes me want to vote for Peter Sonski, or even that Henry Cuellar guy to bring America back to the center. It seems that sometimes, it is best to shut the news down, and avoid politics, and enjoy God's creation of the outdoors. I live in a medium sized city, but used to live in a rural area. Both types of population density have strengths and weaknesses. Younger politicians might help also.

Also, beautiful scenery. I'd buy a robotic mower, so one would not have to mow that 9 acre (3.64 hectare) yard.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,508.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The one thing about the democrats is they brutally punish those that don't toe the party line. i.e. he doesn't stand a chance on the national stage. Maybe in a strongly conservative state he could become a representative, but the Republican would probably win.
Yep, that is true. I might have made a post how Cuellar was shunned by his own party. Conservative democrats, or moderate Republicans both do not stand a chance on the national stage, though the moderate Republican might fare better, as shown by the two examples Charlie Baker and Chris Sununu.

The reply: Sharp as a tack

Rep. Henry Cuellar (a pro-life Democrat) was shunned by his own party in 2022: https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/23/henry-cuellar-abortion-house-democrats-primary-00034288

Cheney (a Republican) shunned by the Republicans in 2021: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/05/12/liz-cheney-removed-leadership-position-487522

Charlie Baker (a centrist Republican) was the 72nd governor of MA until 2023:

Chris Sununu (a moderate Republican) is the current governor of New Hampshire:

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,874,023.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
If Harris is the nominee, I expect she will pick a VP candidate from a swing state or a red state. Andy Beshear, governor of Kentucky is a possiblity. So is Mark Kelly from AZ.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

E pluribus unum
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟336,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Fake digital "currency" :eyeroll:

~bella

View attachment 352015
Are you attempting to trash their credibility with failed predictions?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.