• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Just found out that I have a degenerative brain disease

Lov4Christ

May 14, 2024
Lafayette
✟11,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced

Please, I am asking for prayer for healing for my brain and strength as I continue to fight because I don't know if he will heal me or not​

I recently found out that I have a degenerative brain disease that gives me a memory worse than most with dementia and fewer and fewer thoughts all the time. I can't hardly figure out how to do simple things like moping or loading a dishwasher which used to be-

main-qimg-e063d74e8dd21eac6051e0d5fe0dd949

incredibly easy and can not hardly figure out how to keep my self safe because I don't have all of those thoughts( like avoiding cars that are driving on the street while I'm walking.

I thank God every day for all he has given me and try to read his word or listen to it but my mind cant hold onto it and that makes me the most sad.

What I have is extremely rare and doctors don't fully understand how it affects me so obviously no one else does either ( like my parents who are taking care of me.) I will continue to pray for healing because this is so frightening and it is hard to have a relationship with God when I can't hardly figure out how to stay alive any more... Thanks for caring❤

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟472,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Wow, that’s sad. I’m sorry. The Lord Jesus…. Is the answer for everything. The Holy Spirit is the comforter. I pray He comforts you and strengthens you and your family. I pray He will make you holy and dear to Him, and receive you unto Himself when you are ready. Fear not, I am with you. I will help you, yea, I will uphold you with my righteous right arm. Jesus Loves You.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Pop D.

Sep 23, 2020
Oklahoma
✟184,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jehovah Rapha, we pray You will heal and restore Lov4Christ's brain, in the Name of Jesus. Amen and Amen.

By the way, I have a family member with dementia, and understand that Vitamin B12 supplements can help the brain with that condition. Might be worth trying in your case too, see if it can help with your disease.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟584,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Please, I am asking for prayer for healing for my brain and strength as I continue to fight because I don't know if he will heal me or not​

I recently found out that I have a degenerative brain disease that gives me a memory worse than most with dementia and fewer and fewer thoughts all the time. I can't hardly figure out how to do simple things like moping or loading a dishwasher which used to be-

incredibly easy and can not hardly figure out how to keep my self safe because I don't have all of those thoughts( like avoiding cars that are driving on the street while I'm walking.

I thank God every day for all he has given me and try to read his word or listen to it but my mind cant hold onto it and that makes me the most sad.

What I have is extremely rare and doctors don't fully understand how it affects me so obviously no one else does either ( like my parents who are taking care of me.) I will continue to pray for healing because this is so frightening and it is hard to have a relationship with God when I can't hardly figure out how to stay alive any more... Thanks for caring❤
I prayed for you. Remember, this earthly life is just a sliver of the infinite life us Christians will have with God. So, when your body fails, remember God will provide. God understands that humans will fall apart, but He will save us in the end. Just do not try and hasten your end as our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and continue pushing through this.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NIV): "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 speaks to the reality of suffering in this life, but encourages believers to not lose heart because they are being renewed inwardly, and their momentary troubles will result in an eternal glory that far outweighs them. The focus is on the unseen, eternal rewards that await us in heaven.

Upvote 0

Lov4Christ

May 14, 2024
Lafayette
✟11,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
I prayed for you. Remember, this earthly life is just a sliver of the infinite life us Christians will have with God. So, when your body fails, remember God will provide. God understands that humans will fall apart, but He will save us in the end. Just do not try and hasten your end as our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit, and continue pushing through this.

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 (NIV): "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

2 Corinthians 4:16-18 speaks to the reality of suffering in this life, but encourages believers to not lose heart because they are being renewed inwardly, and their momentary troubles will result in an eternal glory that far outweighs them. The focus is on the unseen, eternal rewards that await us in heaven.
Thank you but do most Christian's just think oh well such and such has a incurable disease so no use praying that God will heal them? I know Jesus didn't and if he never changes than he still does miracles even today

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟584,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank you but do most Christian's just think oh well such and such has a incurable disease so no use praying that God will heal them? I know Jesus didn't and if he never changes than he still does miracles even today
God still does miracles in the 21st century. Just ask @Neostarwcc . A miracle happened to him a few years ago. :)

If no miracles happen in your lifetime, the greatest miracle will happen when one passed away into heaven. The miracle of resurrection, as Jesus will raise us from the dead.

Upvote 0

Dave Darling

Jan 10, 2016
Harrisburg, PA
✟142,069.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Praying now! Lord God I lift up Lov4Christ to You right now and I pray for Your intervention in her current situation and for the complete healing and restoration of her heath, I pray for a miracle in her brain and for her complete healing of this degenerative disease! I take authority over this brain disease and I command it to go right now in the name of Jesus! Brain be healed in the name of Jesus! I pray for complete healing in her memory and also her ability to function in the name of Jesus! I rebuke the degenerative disease in the name of Jesus!

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟519,512.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't like the theology of 'If God wills it he will heal' that already is bringing doubt.
Why we assume he always forgives us, and protect us etc, but the same scriptures promised healing.
In the same bible that says you need to ask forgiveness for your sins and you will forgiven, it says that God is your healer, and there are promises.

'In the name of Jesus they will cast out devils, they will pray for the sick and they will heal'

Is not only a promise is a command to pray for the sick...

'Is someone sick among you, call the elders, and the prayer of faith will heal the person'
'I am your healer'
'by his stripes we are healed'
'don't forget any of his benefits, He heals all you sickness, lift you up from the pit, forgives all yous sins, and gives you favours and mercy.'

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟989,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
A little over 2 years ago I had to be hospitalized for several blood clots. I had a DVT in my right leg that went to both of my lungs and was also most concerning of all in my heart. After they took several better pictures of the one in my heart they found out that I also was born with a good sized hole in my heart and the blood clot was trying to travel from the right side of my heart to the left side. This was extremely dangerous because if it traveled to the left side than it could travel to my brain and cause a stroke and more than likely death. So i needed open heart surgery to remove the clot straight away or there was a good chance i was going to die. My local hospital wasn't equipped to do open heart surgery so I was immediately transported 2 states over to Dartmouth in New Hampshire. There they took pictures of the clot as soon as I got to the hospital and they saw how big the clot was and therefore how urgent the surgery was. I tell you, I was so afraid I was going to die in that 24 hour period. I didn't want to die in my mid 30s and I and my family did nothing but pray to God that I would make it out of the surgery alive. So anyway, they scheduled the surgery for the very next day and to make a long story short when they went looking for the clot after they put me under they couldn't find it. So they spent about 2 hours searching for it everywhere in my body the first place being the most likely place it could be, my brain. Well they couldn't find it.

Eventually I woke up and one of the nurses told me what happened. Instead of being overjoyed I was filled with fear because i was afraid the clot went somewhere dangerous after all a blood clot doesnt just completely disappear overnight. They continued to keep me in the ICU for several days and kept very close tabs on me until they were forced to admit the impossible. A clot the size of a baseball completely disappeared overnight without a trace and I walked away from death completely unscathed and without any need of medical intervention at all. The blood clot had just miraculously vanished and there was only two explanations. One, either God healed the blood clot and left the others alone or two, something science and modern medicine couldn't explain happened. Of course the doctors voted for option two because they don't want to admit that a God could exist but I and everyone else here know the truth, God healed me and worked a miracle and saved my life. And I am eternally grateful.

I'm living proof that God continues to heal people even in today's age and the Holy Spirit is still active in the world even today. It's not just an Old and New Testament thing. It's ongoing. So, my advice is continue to pray and anything is possible. If God wants to heal you, he will. If he doesn't than its not his will. But just because it may not be his will don't even think for one second that God does not love you. God loves all of his sheep and calls them by name.

Upvote 0

Lov4Christ

May 14, 2024
Lafayette
✟11,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
A little over 2 years ago I had to be hospitalized for several blood clots. I had a DVT in my right leg that went to both of my lungs and was also most concerning of all in my heart. After they took several better pictures of the one in my heart they found out that I also was born with a good sized hole in my heart and the blood clot was trying to travel from the right side of my heart to the left side. This was extremely dangerous because if it traveled to the left side than it could travel to my brain and cause a stroke and more than likely death. So i needed open heart surgery to remove the clot straight away or there was a good chance i was going to die. My local hospital wasn't equipped to do open heart surgery so I was immediately transported 2 states over to Dartmouth in New Hampshire. There they took pictures of the clot as soon as I got to the hospital and they saw how big the clot was and therefore how urgent the surgery was. I tell you, I was so afraid I was going to die in that 24 hour period. I didn't want to die in my mid 30s and I and my family did nothing but pray to God that I would make it out of the surgery alive. So anyway, they scheduled the surgery for the very next day and to make a long story short when they went looking for the clot after they put me under they couldn't find it. So they spent about 2 hours searching for it everywhere in my body the first place being the most likely place it could be, my brain. Well they couldn't find it.

Eventually I woke up and one of the nurses told me what happened. Instead of being overjoyed I was filled with fear because i was afraid the clot went somewhere dangerous after all a blood clot doesnt just completely disappear overnight. They continued to keep me in the ICU for several days and kept very close tabs on me until they were forced to admit the impossible. A clot the size of a baseball completely disappeared overnight without a trace and I walked away from death completely unscathed and without any need of medical intervention at all. The blood clot had just miraculously vanished and there was only two explanations. One, either God healed the blood clot and left the others alone or two, something science and modern medicine couldn't explain happened. Of course the doctors voted for option two because they don't want to admit that a God could exist but I and everyone else here know the truth, God healed me and worked a miracle and saved my life. And I am eternally grateful.

I'm living proof that God continues to heal people even in today's age and the Holy Spirit is still active in the world even today. It's not just an Old and New Testament thing. It's ongoing. So, my advice is continue to pray and anything is possible. If God wants to heal you, he will. If he doesn't than its not his will. But just because it may not be his will don't even think for one second that God does not love you. God loves all of his sheep and calls them by name.
Thanks, I will continue to ask the Lord to heal me until it happens or until he calls me home because I suffer so severely and I know God understands why I continue to ask. I have be having some vivid dreams about being rescued like every day for like the past week and I feel like it is a sign so I have been praying even harder lately and thanking him for the dreams... I am hopeful.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟989,037.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Thanks, I will continue to ask the Lord to heal me until it happens or until he calls me home because I suffer so severely and I know God understands why I continue to ask. I have be having some vivid dreams about being rescued like every day for like the past week and I feel like it is a sign so I have been praying even harder lately and thanking him for the dreams... I am hopeful.

I know how that goes. I suffer from schizoaffective disorder as well so I do have issues with my brain as well but my brain functions slightly different than yours. But I do suffer as well. God has not healed me of my mental illness no matter how much I've prayed for him to take it away from me, I have to be medicated and suffer several manic and sometimes psychotic episodes a year and I even get manic depressive episodes occasionally as well. Medication helps reduce the amount of episodes I have to deal with in a year and helps keep me out of the hospital but I can definitely share with you the want for God to heal a mental condition that causes you to suffer everyday and I can share with you the disappointment when he doesn't heal those conditions. You will be in my prayers and I hope God does heal you, if he doesn't well that's not his will and he has a better plan for you than you can ever imagine. Just don't give up.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟519,512.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I know how that goes. I suffer from schizoaffective disorder as well so I do have issues with my brain as well but my brain functions slightly different than yours. But I do suffer as well. God has not healed me of my mental illness no matter how much I've prayed for him to take it away from me, I have to be medicated and suffer several manic and sometimes psychotic episodes a year and I even get manic depressive episodes occasionally as well. Medication helps reduce the amount of episodes I have to deal with in a year and helps keep me out of the hospital but I can definitely share with you the want for God to heal a mental condition that causes you to suffer everyday and I can share with you the disappointment when he doesn't heal those conditions. You will be in my prayers and I hope God does heal you, if he doesn't well that's not his will and he has a better plan for you than you can ever imagine. Just don't give up.

It's God will we get free, everyday we waste not 'taking advantage' of the high price bought freedom Jesus paid by not seeking our freedom in prayer or something else, is a day wasted and i think makes God sad because he wants us free.
I believe a lot of mental illnesses are actually spiritual problems, i have experienced in my life getting free of several stuff like this with deliverance.

Upvote 0

Lov4Christ

May 14, 2024
Lafayette
✟11,546.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
It's God will we get free, everyday we waste not 'taking advantage' of the high price bought freedom Jesus paid by not seeking our freedom in prayer or something else, is a day wasted and i think makes God sad because he wants us free.
I believe a lot of mental illnesses are actually spiritual problems, i have experienced in my life getting free of several stuff like this with deliverance.
Doctors say my brain disease is one of the worst, much much worse than dementia I know any one would continue to plead for God to heal them if they had this. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through but the same goes for you not to give up hope that he may still heal you. I have lived with this my entire life (almost 40 years) though it wasn't till recently that every thing has gone to the extreme. I pray that he heals you because I care brother. take care.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟519,512.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Doctors say my brain disease is one of the worst, much much worse than dementia I know any one would continue to plead for God to heal them if they had this. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through but the same goes for you not to give up hope that he may still heal you. I have lived with this my entire life (almost 40 years) though it wasn't till recently that every thing has gone to the extreme. I pray that he heals you because I care brother. take care.

If you could go to a church where they preach about anointing being filled with the Holy spirit etc, it could make a difference i know there is people who claim miracles that are shady looking for money or something, but believe me God does miracles through His people and there a lot of them true childs of God servants of God, and having support of Spirit Filled brothers or sisters can make a big difference.

Upvote 0

jesholand

Aug 13, 2024
West Michigan
✟722.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Just joined CF but saw your post and wanted to pray for you. I have been healed in the past and wanted to let you know there is hope. I would find a church that operates in the gifts and be purposeful.

P.S. I was healed in my knee and of my paranoia/anxiety/depression so can say the Great Healer can do more than we could ever ask!

Upvote 0