✟88,848.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus warned about Judas, Matthew 26:

24 The Son of Man will go just as it is written about him. But woe to that man who betrays the Son of Man! It would be better for him if he had not been born.
Nevertheless, later:

47 While he was still speaking, Judas, one of the Twelve, arrived. With him was a large crowd armed with swords and clubs, sent from the chief priests and the elders of the people. 48Now the betrayer had arranged a signal with them: “The one I kiss is the man; arrest him.” 49Going at once to Jesus, Judas said, “Greetings, Rabbi!” and kissed him.
50 Jesus replied, “Do what you came for, friend.”
Strong's Greek: 2083. ἑταῖρος (hetairos) — 3 Occurrences

BDAG:

a person who has someth. in common with others and enjoys association, but not necessarily at the level of a φίλος or φίλη, comrade, companion, of a member of one’s group fellow-member
Socrates refers to his pupils as ἑ.
Judas called Jesus "Rabbi" and Jesus refers to Judas as G2083-friend, a member of Jesus' club/disciples.

As a general form of address to someone whose name one does not know.
Matthew 22:

12 And he said to him, ‘Friend, how did you get in here without a wedding garment?’ And he was speechless.
There was another Greek word for "friend".

At the last supper, Judas left the table in John 13:30.

John 15:

12 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 13Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends [G5384]. 14 You are my friends [G5384] if you do what I command you. 15 No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends [G5384], for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.
BDAG φίλος:
① pert. to having a special interest in someone
② subst., one who is on intimate terms or in close association w. another

Jesus called Judas "friend" in the technical sense because he was his disciple, not because he was an intimate friend.