✟27,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Isaiah 45:21-23
"Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the Lord? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.
Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear..."

1) We see it is "I Yahweh" (I the LORD) who speaks here.
2) There is no God else beside me: that is, Yahweh, the LORD
3) He is a just God and Saviour.
4) He says "Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else."
5) He swears by Himself, that every knee shall bow and tongue shall swear."

Now we turn to Philippians 2:5-11, focussing on verses 10 & 11
"Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father."

Here the same terminology is used as is used in Isaiah: every knee shall bow, and, every tongue shall swear, or confess. Paul the Apostle would have been guilty of blasphemy if Jesus Christ was not God. Furthermore, Jesus Christ is called "Saviour" in numerous passages of the New Testament, which we can also cross reference with Isaiah 43:11, if Isaiah 45:21 isn't clear enough: "I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no saviour."
1 John 4:14, "And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world," John 4:42, "we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world," and Acts 5:31, "Him hath God exalted with his right hand to be a Prince and a Saviour, for to give repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins."
Philippians 3:20, "For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ"
1 Timothy 2:3, "For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour"

Jehovah's Witnesses and others try to say Jesus is not God: that He is only the Son of God, a created being, but not Yahweh, the LORD.
Often John 1:1 is used, as in the NWT, which reads "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god"
Even if we were to accept this (which the "a" indefinite article & determiner are NOT in the Greek), we still have the statement "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God." It doesn't say the Word was created, but rather in John 1:2-3 it says in the NWT, "This one was in the beginning with God. All things came into existence through him, and apart from him not even one thing came into existence,"

The literal Greek of John 1:1 reads "In beginning was the Word and the Word was with the God and God was the Word."
The KJV translates it into proper English, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
Ancient Greek didn't have the indefinite articles "a" and "an" but only the definite article "The." However, no article appears where it says "God was the Word"
But prior to that where it says "The Word was with the God," the definite article there is "ton" which can mean "Of the" or "Belonging to the," which only solidifies the verses true interpretation that the Word, who is Jesus Christ, IS GOD.

Just a little ammunition in the spiritual arsenal next time Jehovah's Witnesses come 'a knocking!

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jehovah witnesses all have something in common, they all have their families, properties, married, children, all have their lives, nobody has lost their life for Christ.

What about non Jehovah witnesses, who also have their lives, careers etc. There is no difference, whether people believe Jesus Christ is God or the Son of God, when people show no belief at all by all being on the very SAME wide comfortable path to destruction together...

Luke 13:23 Then said one unto him, Lord, are there few that be saved? And he said unto them,
24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟9,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about non Jehovah witnesses, who also have their lives, careers etc. There is no difference, whether people believe Jesus Christ is God or the Son of God, when people show no belief at all by all being on the very SAME wide comfortable path to destruction together.
So in your point of view, is there a difference between those who believe and the mockers?

Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses. Beware therefore, lest what has been spoken in the prophets come upon you: ‘Behold, you mockers, Marvel and perish! Acts 13:38-41

Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 2 Cor 6:14:16

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟27,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Jehovah witnesses all have something in common, they all have their families, properties, married, children, all have their lives, nobody has lost their life for Christ.

Actually JW's have been persecuted, especially in Nazi Germany,

"Jehovah's Witnesses were subjected to intense persecution under the Nazi regime. Nazi leaders targeted Jehovah's Witnesses because they were unwilling to accept the authority of the state, because of their international connections, and because they were strongly opposed to both war on behalf of a temporal authority and organized government in matters of conscience.

Within months of the Nazi takeover, regional governments, primarily those of Bavaria and Prussia, initiated aggressive steps against Jehovah's Witnesses, breaking up their meetings, ransacking and then occupying their local offices. By April 1, 1935, the Reich and Prussian Minister of the Interior ordered the responsible local officials to dissolve the Watchtower Society.

An estimated 1,000 German Jehovah's Witnesses died or were murdered in concentration camps and prisons during the Nazi era, as did 400 Witnesses from other countries, including about 90 Austrians and 120 Dutch persons."

Which is sad, really, because such people, while deceived by false doctrine, are also not far from the Kingdom of God.

Mark 13:32-34, "the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question."

But notice right after that Jesus establishes His deity,
"And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the son of David?
For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly."

There we have another confirming of the Trinity, for we have Jesus in person mentioning 1) the Holy Ghost, 2) The LORD - Yahweh, 3) my Lord - Adonai, which in this case refers to the Son, though Adonai at times also refers to the Father, and is this interchangeable.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟9,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But notice right after that Jesus establishes His deity,
"And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the son of David?
For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

David therefore himself calleth him Lord; and whence is he then his son? And the common people heard him gladly."

Then the Pharisees said among themselves, You see how futile your efforts are and how you accomplish nothing. See! All the people in the world have left us to go with him! John 12:19

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which is sad, really, because such people, while deceived by false doctrine, are also not far from the Kingdom of God.

Mark 13:32-34, "the scribe said unto him, Well, Master, thou hast said the truth: for there is one God; and there is none other but he:
And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.
And when Jesus saw that he answered discreetly, he said unto him, Thou art not far from the kingdom of God. And no man after that durst ask him any question."
How do you think you are not deceived, when all the scripture you could ever talk about, I can show you have no idea about ?

Lets look at the actual words of the man here in the scriptures, instead of your words. ( not very useful in comparison to Gods testimonies, which are given for faith in Jesus Christ)

"to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices."

What is the whole burnt offering ? and sacrifices ?

How is this discreet talk, ( understanding) that the man is relaying to Christ, that he really knew that Christ had said the truth ? That the truth is to love God, and to love your neighbour, that this us BEFORE and MORE than the whole burnt offering and sacrifice ?

Because God does not desire sacrifice, that God does not delight in burnt offering, but the sacrifice to God is the broken spirit, a contrite heart, ( THE CONTRITE HEART LOVES GOD WITH ALL YOUR STRFENGTH AND YOUR NEIGHBOUR AS YOURSELF) and these are the sacrifices of righteousness. ( the righteousness of the Lord that was revealed in Christ which the scribe could see)

Psalm 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.
18 Do good in thy good pleasure unto Zion: build thou the walls of Jerusalem.
19 Then shalt thou be pleased with the sacrifices of righteousness, with burnt offering and WHOLE BURNT OFFERFING then shall they offer bullocks upon thine altar.

Now back on Jehovah witness, they cant love their neighbour as themselves while living their life for themselves, nor can anyone else, and what I said was about that, what you said was about none of that.

Upvote 0

Peacemaker1

Jul 1, 2023
North
✟17,519.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So in your point of view, is there a difference between those who believe and the mockers?

Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through this Man is preached to you the forgiveness of sins; and by Him everyone who believes is justified from all things from which you could not be justified by the law of Moses. Beware therefore, lest what has been spoken in the prophets come upon you: ‘Behold, you mockers, Marvel and perish! Acts 13:38-41

Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever? 2 Cor 6:14:16
those who believe in mockery give point of view, those who believe in Christ give their lives.

1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟9,914.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
those who believe in mockery give point of view, those who believe in Christ give their lives.
1 John 3:16 Hereby perceive we the love of God, because he laid down his life for us: and we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.
The life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God. Gal 2:20

Upvote 0