• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

J.D. Vance: Women who have not given birth, such as Kamala Harris, are “childless cat ladies who are miserable at their own lives,”

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Brewed in Dublin, I hope!

(For the information of the geographically challenged, Dublin, is not in south East Asia. Guinness draws its water from the Liffey and turns it into black magic. Dublin pubs are magical too.)
I’m very glad that there are Guinness lovers out there, but I’d rather chug soy sauce.

Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

JD Vance Says People Without Kids Are ‘More Sociopathic’ Than Parents in Unearthed 2020 Podcast Clip

In an unearthed podcast appearance from 2020, Vance said that adults without children, particularly those in the U.S. “leadership class,” were “more sociopathic” than parents.

“You know, I worry that it makes people more sociopathic and ultimately our whole country a little bit less mentally stable,” he said. “And of course, you talk about going on Twitter – final point I’ll make is you go on Twitter and almost always the people who are most deranged and most psychotic are people who don’t have kids at home.”
I’ve often heard parents say that their children have made them crazy, yet the “real crazies“ (according to this) are the not (yet) parents people?
Fine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟189,041.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I’m very glad that there are Guinness lovers out there, but I’d rather chug soy sauce.
Have you tasted the real thing, only brewed in Dublin? The stuff served up in England looked the same but wasn't, so when I visited Dublin I was converted. Maybe this has changed.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟893,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Have you tasted the real thing, only brewed in Dublin? The stuff served up in England looked the same but wasn't, so when I visited Dublin I was converted. Maybe this has changed.
I'll be able to report in a few weeks. Have plans to tour the Guinness Storehouse in Dublin.

Reactions: Whyayeman
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟292,845.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I was told that reps from Guinness visit pubs anonymously and check to see if the barman is serving it correctly. Right temperature, correct glass, right amount of head and even to the presentation when the Guinness logo on the glass is facing towards the customer when it's poured. Oh, and the white part has to be on the top.

But then, it was an Irish mate who was telling me that. And they do like to spin a yarn.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TalesFromYourServer/comments/177zquo

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟179,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Fortunately for the world (and especially around my “at large”), I no longer imbibe any alcoholic beverages.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟893,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
WaPo brings the data. There is a partisan gap in both childlessness and cat ownership.
[Strangely, there seems to be a Republican bias among people with exactly 2 children, but not those with 1 or 3 or more.]

1722609396949.png

1722609534283.png

Upvote 0