• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

It is Harris vs Trump Whether Biden Runs Or Not

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟175,839.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It looks pretty clear that people are going to vote for anyone but Trump. Whoever the democratic candidate is. Just like Bush is still a Republican and feels and obligation to support his party candidate for the election.

She is doing better in the polls than Biden was doing.
I don’t think Bush supports Trump. But you’re right about people supporting any Democrat. I don’t know if it’s a majority thiugh

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

jacks

Er Victus
Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2010
Northwest US
✟704,710.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you participated in the "presidential primary" (either party) it was probably called a "Presidential Preference Primary" and you had an opportunity to cast a preference ballot that by party rules selected delegates to the national convention pre-pledged to your candidate. This isn't like a special election to fill a vacant office. The delegates have already been selected. Next they will do their jobs by selecting a presidential candidate and approving a party platform.
I appreciate the information. My point isn't that technically they can bypass the voters, (Though I thought "Bound Delegates had to follow the popular vote.) my concern is that the voters for the most part want be part of the process in deciding whom the Democrats run for president.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ace777

Jesus Saves
Jun 20, 2024
✟9,539.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I don’t think Bush supports Trump.
I can understand having a problem reading what I said. Bush does not personally support Trump. Bush supports their party. Whoever they nominate. Usually we hear that rhetoric from democrat's where they will accept anyone their party puts up for election. As we see with Kamala she is not gaining acceptance because of personal preference. She is the candidate the party is putting up for them to vote on. She does have a higher approval rating against Trump than Biden did but we found out from the election with Hillary you have to be careful with those polls. The results are not always as accurate as they say they are.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

E pluribus unum
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟338,962.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I appreciate the information. My point isn't that technically they can bypass the voters, (Though I thought "Bound Delegates had to follow the popular vote.) my concern is that the voters for the most part want be part of the process in deciding whom the Democrats run for president.
Presidential primaries are weird to be certain.

The ~14 M who voted for Biden (I think that is the number I have heard repeatedly, but I didn't look it up) did so assuming that Harris would be the VP again. Many of them seem to think she would become president before 2029 if Biden/Harris was reelected. All those Democrats (and Democratic primary voters) had the opportunity to vote for alternatives (even if most were protest candidates) and they didn't.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟893,226.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You cannot fight destiny.

1721679741343.png

• Haha
Reactions: jacks
Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟397,179.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Back in 2020, I didn't vote for either Trump or Biden. I wrote in Pete Buttigieg for Pres., and Ill. senator Tammy Duckworth for VP. I'm glad VP Harris is now the likely Democratic candidate. We need fresh faces and futuristic ideas. Which I don't see coming from Republicans, who would try to reestablish the bad old days of the 50s and early 60s. I hope Kamala will choose someone like Sec. Buttigieg or Sen. Duckworth as her running mate.

• Agree
Reactions: MotoToTheMax
Upvote 0