• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

It’s not time for women deacons, says Vatican doctrinal chief

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟5,097,912.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — “Rushing” to open the diaconate to women in the Catholic Church would short-circuit a necessary reflection on the relationship between ordained ministry and charismatic leadership, particularly as it impacts the participation of women in the Church, said the head of the Vatican’s doctrinal office.

On the question of women deacons, “we know the public position of the pope, who does not consider the question mature,” Cardinal Víctor Manuel Fernández, prefect of the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith, told members of the Synod of Bishops Oct. 2.

“The opportunity for a deepening remains open, but in the mind of the Holy Father, there are other issues still to be deepened and resolved before rushing to speak of a possible diaconate for some women,” he said. “Otherwise, the diaconate becomes a kind of consolation for some women, and the most decisive question of the participation of women in the church remains unanswered.”

Study groups established​

Continued below.

FaithT

Dec 1, 2019
Midwest
✟187,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
VATICAN CITY (CNS) — “Rushing” to open the diaconate to women in the Catholic Church would short-circuit a necessary reflection on the relationship between ordained ministry and charismatic leadership, particularly as it impacts the participation of women in the Church, said the head of the Vatican’s doctrinal office.

On the question of women deacons, “we know the public position of the pope, who does not consider the question mature,” Cardinal Víctor Manuel Fernández, prefect of the Dicastery for the Doctrine of the Faith, told members of the Synod of Bishops Oct. 2.

“The opportunity for a deepening remains open, but in the mind of the Holy Father, there are other issues still to be deepened and resolved before rushing to speak of a possible diaconate for some women,” he said. “Otherwise, the diaconate becomes a kind of consolation for some women, and the most decisive question of the participation of women in the church remains unanswered.”

Study groups established​

Continued below.
I don’t want women deacons. I guess it’s just because they’ve always been men and I don’t want some things to change.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟330,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I don’t want women deacons. I guess it’s just because they’ve always been men and I don’t want some things to change.
I 100% agree.

Only men belong in the holy office, in my opinion.

Reactions: FaithT
Upvote 0
Jun 26, 2003
Visit site
✟272,566.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I 100% agree.

Only men belong in the holy office, in my opinion.
The Catholic Church appears to be one of the last defenders of God’s creation. In this age of ignoring God and proclaiming what we believe over reality, I pray the Church holds the line

Women are mothers and Men are fathers. There is no mixing or sharing of roles. Jealousy or envy of each other is not godly or warranted. The sexes are complementary not competitive

A man will never be a mother, and a woman will never be a father. To pretend otherwise is to deny truth

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟330,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
The Catholic Church appears to be one of the last defenders of God’s creation. In this age of ignoring God and proclaiming what we believe over reality, I pray the Church holds the line

Women are mothers and Men are fathers. There is no mixing or sharing of roles. Jealousy or envy of each other is not godly or warranted. The sexes are complementary not competitive

A man will never be a mother, and a woman will never be a father. To pretend otherwise is to deny truth
Amen. God made himself abundantly clear in Holy Scripture. To deny that, is a grave sin.

Upvote 0