• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

I am looking for a very specific community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoping2

Aug 15, 2024
Phoenix
✟3,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It is sin if we do not hate sin and tolerate it.
I can agree with that.
The Germans who tolerated Hitler will have a price to pay.
It is also sin to disbelieve someone because they walk in the flesh and sin. I hate that.
Personally, I cannot trust liars and other sinners.
How can you trust the untrustworthy ?

Upvote 0

Hoping2

Aug 15, 2024
Phoenix
✟3,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like what you say. I would like to add an additional comment:

For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:17
You just posted a verse that says we don't have two natures.
If we walk in the Spirit, we cannot do the things of the flesh !
We have these 2 natures within us. The flesh loves sin and the Holy Spirit hates it. Sometimes I sin and love it, until I realize I have sinned and I hate it. Sometimes I sin knowing that I am sinning and hating it at the same time. I'm still a baby Christian.
The answer to your conundrum is in Gal 5:24..."And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts."
That crucifixion occurs when we are baptized into Christ' death, burial, and resurrection. (Rom 6:3-7)
Of course a real, true, permanent repentance from si must happen first.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SandD

Aug 31, 2024
Ca
✟1,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You can talk to me. but please respond to the Bible passages I used to answer you and explain to me why they do not convince you.
Romans was written to the saints that already obeyed Acts 2:38.
It is called an epistle to the saints.
It is a letter to saved saints and not written to sinners.
Sinners are forbidden to skip Acts and apply the epistles to the saints to themselves .
This is scriptural mail theft.
Acts skippers have no business reading and applying the epistles to their lives.
If they lived in the times of the apostles, Acts skippers would be told to go back and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins before they could call themselves saints.

Upvote 0

Hoping2

Aug 15, 2024
Phoenix
✟3,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Romans was written to the saints that already obeyed Acts 2:38.
It is called an epistle to the saints.
It is a letter to saved saints and not written to sinners.
Sinners are forbidden to skip Acts and apply the epistles to the saints to themselves .
This is scriptural mail theft.
Acts skippers have no business reading and applying the epistles to their lives.
If they lived in the times of the apostles, Acts skippers would be told to go back and get baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of their sins before they could call themselves saints.
I think your auto-correct turned 'sinners' into "skippers".

Welcome to the site !

Reactions: SandD
Upvote 0

Francis 1928

Jul 10, 2024
Simpsonville
✟14,096.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
PS3:

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Epheser 2:8-9

Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.
John 6:28-29
This scripture verse doesnt argue my point at all. Just because we are christian ,doesnt mean we will be swept up from the rapture .Paul teaches that we are all sinners that there is not one just .nothing to do with works or faith conflicting .We are judged for our actions .

Upvote 0

SandD

Aug 31, 2024
Ca
✟1,445.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Oh, I see..."those who skip the reading of Acts" !
I'm going to have to turn in my "Grammar Police" badge pretty soon. ;)
Also, those who skip the application of Acts 2:38 in their lives and teach others to ignore it are considered Acts skippers.

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟845,220.00
Country