• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

How do you politely turn away a Jehovah Witness at your door?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟1,003,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
They also have some funny ideas about communion, that it is only for the 144,000 that are the elect, and that these are not Jews, but are only a very few select members from only their own religion only, etc. They do the communion, which they call the passover, only once a year, and they try to get as close to the Jewish calendar date on it as possible when passover is said to occur on the Jewish calendar each year, which is always different each year on our calendar, etc.

And most of them don't partake of the bread and the wine, but they pass it around and it gets passed-over by almost all of them, etc. If you actually eat some of the bread, or drink some of the wine, you'll more than likely be approached by some of the elders when the service, which they call they also call the memorial, is over, etc, as they take the passage that talks about partaking of bread and the wine unworthily quite literally, etc.

God Bless.
They also will not watch/listen to what they consider to be worldly music or television, including especially any modern day movies and the like, etc, and this might even include things like what plays on Klove, or some modern day praise and worship music and the like, etc, IDK? But their selection will always be very, very limited, etc. They also don't believe in getting involved in politics, and/or voting also, etc. And they also will not stand for any national flag or say or recite any national anthem also, etc. They are a very, very exclusive group really, etc.

Of course, when you are talking about individual members away from church, that is sometimes different with some or many of them sometimes except for when they are around other JW's, but hey, who am I to judge, right?

But most leaders or people in places of position in their church are like I described above, etc.

God Bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟186,195.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Jehovah Witnesses have been knocking on my door. I was hoping there was a polite way to turn them away. I don't want to get into a debate with them, but I want them to understand that I have no desire to study their bible.

I've never had them knock on my door while I was there, but if they did, I'd tell them I was Pentecostal and could I lay hands on them and pray in tongues for them.

Guaranteed they would be gone and not come back :)

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟862,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Perhaps you were distracted during your study, or you forgot some of what they taught you. JWs do not promote that Jesus was not the Son of God?

Their website is public, so you can always search the question "Is Jesus the son of God?" there.
JW's say that Jesus was created and not begotten.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟94,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Perhaps you are thinking of John 6:44.
That says God draws persons to Christ, but how does God draw persons... by what means?
MANY, especially personal revelation!
From what I have experienced, many of these don't have the ability to change their own devotion to a false God.
However, that is a different subject.
God is omnipotent
So, you do believe we should spend our time talking to others about the Bible. That's good... but who are these?
Do you mean Atheists? Hindus? Buddhists? Muslims?...
Surely you aren't saying any one of these is better than JWs, and LDS, and we make the decision on whom will change, are you?
God saves people by many different means. He accomplishes ALL His plans. You disregard His omnipotence.

Or are you saying we don't talk to any of these persons, but just talk to those we consider Christian and argue with these?
I don't believe you are saying there is no need to "Preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; convict, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and instruction.", as stated at 2 Timothy 4:2. Am I right?

Certainly you have read the Bible through and through.
You didn't miss the purpose Jesus and the apostles went throughout the world, talking to people for hours, did you?
Did you know when Jesus was resurrected, he only had the eleven, and a handful of disciples... after a whole three years of talking to people... and performing great miracles.
That's more than we can do.

I hope you don't think I am wasting my time sharing this with you, but whether people think this or not, God is taking note of those who, do his will 1 Timothy 2:3, 4, so I want to share this in obedience to God, and Christ.
Hopefully, it will reach rich soil. Matthew 13:8

Why was Jesus sent to spend three and a half years talking to the Jews?

Yes, God directs those who are willing to extend themselves to help save some... without showing partiality.
The Bible says God desires all people [- the good, the bad, and the ugly,] to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.
Are you a Universalist? Not likely. Mormons teach that there will be weeping, and wailing and gnashing of teeth after death for those who don't choose to have temple marriages. The true God never taught that. Mormons brag about their fictitious opportunities after death and their segregated degrees of glory that are not heaven at all.

Here's what Mormons say about the Bible:
Nephi sees in vision the church of the devil set up among the Gentiles, the discovery and colonizing of America, the loss of many plain and precious parts of the Bible, the resultant state of gentile apostasy, the restoration of the gospel, the coming forth of latter-day scripture, and the building up of Zion. About 600–592 B.C.

God knows people connect to love. People can sense when love is not there, more than favoritism.
If we are motivated by love, to preach to all people, that will be evident in impartially reaching out to all... including "cultists"

One can only shake the dust off their feet, if they went through the dust.
You just opened your door... if you did that at all, isn't that so.
They are the ones with the dust on their feet.
You come to a Christian site, not sharing the Word of God, but fault finding instead. Have you watched the Amish? Thr neighbor's barn burns down and they are out there rebuilding it. They take care of their elderly.

If you approached a JW or LDS, or went to their home, carrying the gospel, that would be a different story.
Have you ever went to either's home?
It would surprise me if you said yes, because I never ever in my life saw any of you in any of the three neighborhoods I lived. Not once. Can you tell me why that is?

That might be a criticism promoted by a Mormon. You're acting very arrogant like many Mormons I've known. What's wrong with you? Instead of praising or encouraging true Christians you try to make us look bad. But you ignore the deeds Christians do to help neighbors and strangers. Many Christians are in the military, police force, EMT, firemen, missionaries, teachers of special needs, teachers of blind and deaf, doctors and nurses, court appointed special advocats, etc.

Why are people seeing "Cultists" doing what people know the Lord said to do, but you aren't doing it?
Excuse me! Have you ever heard of the internet? Or of people not being home? Or of God having many (countless) ways of speaking to human minds.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟41,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Not that the discussion is on the JWs teachings, but their website says different.
Did a JW tell you that, or did someone else?

Regardless of what they teach though, would you say that determines if we share the gospel with them or not?
If they believe false doctrines, is that not more of a reason to share the gospel with them?

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟862,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Not that the discussion is on the JWs teachings, but their website says different.
Did a JW tell you that, or did someone else?

Regardless of what they teach though, would you say that determines if we share the gospel with them or not?
If they believe false doctrines, is that not more of a reason to share the gospel with them?
I did tell some of them that the Trinity was true, but they didn't want to hear it.

Reactions: Rescued One
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟41,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did tell some of them that the Trinity was true, but they didn't want to hear it.
Thank you.

If you think you have shared the gospel with them by telling them the Trinity is true, and you have done your best to do what Jesus commanded, that is between you and Jesus.
I am just asking if persons here believe that what a person believes determines if they share the gospel with them or not. Or if they believe they are obligated to share the gospel with everyone, regardless of if those persons believe false teachings or extremely false teachings.

They did not want to hear that Jesus is a Trinity, or they did not want to hear what you said?
They is a difference between not agreeing with something, or someone, and not wanting to hear something, or someone.
None of us here agree on everything, but does that prevent us from sharing scripture, and discussing... even debating... some viciously?

Would you say you try to help persons here see things differently, and you hope they will understand what you try to show them?
Would you do the same with people you don't think are Christian, but believe are going to hell for false beliefs?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟325,136.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How do you politely turn away.

3.... 2...... 1......
1721897452035-jpeg.352176

qKkV8N.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Chrystal-J
Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟862,933.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Thank you.

If you think you have shared the gospel with them by telling them the Trinity is true, and you have done your best to do what Jesus commanded, that is between you and Jesus.
I am just asking if persons here believe that what a person believes determines if they share the gospel with them or not. Or if they believe they are obligated to share the gospel with everyone, regardless of if those persons believe false teachings or extremely false teachings.

They did not want to hear that Jesus is a Trinity, or they did not want to hear what you said?
They is a difference between not agreeing with something, or someone, and not wanting to hear something, or someone.
None of us here agree on everything, but does that prevent us from sharing scripture, and discussing... even debating... some viciously?

Would you say you try to help persons here see things differently, and you hope they will understand what you try to show them?
Would you do the same with people you don't think are Christian, but believe are going to hell for false beliefs?
Are you an ex-JW?

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟945,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jehovah Witnesses have been knocking on my door. I was hoping there was a polite way to turn them away. I don't want to get into a debate with them, but I want them to understand that I have no desire to study their bible.
I think just saying I’m sorry but I disagree with your interpretation of scripture is probably the most honest and polite way to do it.

• Useful
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟945,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Another way is to find out where they live then keep going to their house to evangelize to them. Lol

• Haha
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟94,173.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Thank you.

They only go to hell if God sends them there. We aren't resopnsible for giving them faith. You are extremely pushy. Is it your way or the highway?

• Agree
Upvote 0

frienden thalord

Apr 9, 2017
texas
✟82,803.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
They say such things . do not believe it sister .
The thing about the Jw is that they do have some truths but watch out
cause they do have a heavy deception upon them .
I talked to a few here and there over the years .
I keep in the bible with them .
The LORD showed me something once
that they forgot to remove from their bible .
Its first timothy chapter three verse sixteen .
When i read it to them , they were in total silence .
There are other areas in their bible , in old test and etc
where they forgot to remove certain parts proving the diety of Christ .
If one knows our bible well
they can calmly debate and explain things to them .
But often they will try to change the subject . Do not let them .
Keep them on the topic . Eventually they leave and give up
OR perhaps they end up leaving their own church in time .

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stone-n-Steel

Site Supporter
Jul 29, 2018
Texas
✟259,960.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have always invited them in. However when I talked to the first person he noticed my replies were not in line with his doctrine. He asked me what I was doing and I said "I'm trying to save your soul." After that the conversation did not go any place.

Then a few days later he came back with an elder who tried the same thing. After that conversation went no place I tried to talk to him on the phone. Unfortunately he and the elder had to go back for more training and they never came back or answered my calls again.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Curiousmind

Nov 17, 2023
Suriname
✟27,192.00
Country
Suriname
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Because I research that cult ,I hold a discussion with them, I tell them the truth of my research that they are a cult, they never return. So u see they are afraid of the truth.

Upvote 0