Columbus
✟5,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't know which forum to post this in.)

I'm looking for a new denomination and am overwhelmed with 40k+ denominations. Please help!

Looking for these qualifiers:
-Protestant
-Solo sciptura (only scripture as the authority and not tradition/etc)
-Conservative core biblical beliefs (especially on 1 Cor 6:9-11, 1 Tim 1:9-10; most people don't get into heaven, Jesus IS God and is the son/avatar/theophany of God and is the promised Messiah)
-No women pastors
-Doesn't preach the foundation of salvation, laying on of hands, etc over and over again (Paul tells the churches to stop doing this and to move on from milk to meat so the church can grow spiritually). I grew up Baptist and all churches I've ever gone to do this all the time.
-Teaches a POST Trib rapture
-Believes in a literal Antichrist and doesn't believe that most of the end-times prophecy from Revelation, Daniel, Ezekiel 38-39, etc has already happened
-No dietary restrictions

Thank you in advance.

9Rock9

Sinner in need of grace.
Nov 28, 2018
South Carolina
✟77,664.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum. I didn't know which forum to post this in.)

I'm looking for a new denomination and am overwhelmed with 40k+ denominations. Please help!

-Protestant
-Conservative core biblical beliefs (especially on 1 Cor 6:9-11, 1 Tim 1:9-10; most people don't get into heaven, Jesus IS God and is the son/avatar/theophany of God and is the promised Messiah)
-No women pastors
-Doesn't preach the foundation of salvation, laying on of hands, etc over and over again (Paul tells the churches to stop doing this and to move on from milk to meat so the church can grow spiritually). I grew up Baptist and all churches I've ever gone to do this all the time.
-Believes in a literal Antichrist and doesn't believe that most of the end-times prophecy from Revelation, Daniel, Ezekiel 38-39, etc has already happened
-No dietary restrictions

Thank you in advance.

According to what you listed, I would recommend a conservative Baptist church. A lot of them are dispensationalism, but due to local church autonomy, a Baptist church can hold to just about any view of eschatology, and when the ones that lean dispensationalist usually don't require it as a test of faith.

Upvote 0

NeoWatchman

Apr 17, 2024
Columbus
✟5,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

-Protestant
-No women pastors
-No dietary restrictions

Thank you in advance.
Oops. *Sola scriptura

Upvote 0

NeoWatchman

Apr 17, 2024
Columbus
✟5,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to what you listed, I would recommend a conservative Baptist church. A lot of them are dispensationalism, but due to local church autonomy, a Baptist church can hold to just about any view of eschatology, and when the ones that lean dispensationalist usually don't require it as a test of faith.
Thank you for the reply.

Sadly, every Baptist church I've gone to lays the foundation of salvation over and over again quite often (which Paul speak against) as if church (the body of Christ, the assembling of BELIEVERS) is for the unsaved rather than the saved. Christians are supposed to GO OUT INTO THE WORLD to preach the foundation of salvation/the Gospel (NOT bring the unsaved into the church):

Hebrews 6:1-2; Hebrews 5:12
1 Therefore let us leave the elementary doctrine of Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again a foundation of repentance from dead works and of faith toward God, 2 and of instruction about washings, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment. 5:12 For though by this time you ought to be teachers, you need someone to teach you again the basic principles of the oracles of God. You need milk, not solid food,

This message is NOT directed towards you but is for preachers (and congregations) that might be reading this, whose church goes against the teachings of the Bible (ie, for posterity). And we wonder why so many churches are spiritually dead. THIS is one of the reasons.

Upvote 0

rita727

Jul 29, 2006
A Pineapple under the Sea
✟24,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Baptist was my first thought as well.

Reactions: NeoWatchman
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Love to pray! :)
Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,091,649.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
There are two important figures in a church...

1. Senior Pastor
2. Worship Leader

It seems that there are good and bad leaders wherever you go these days. I would first try to find the confidence in the leadership before joining any church.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,091,649.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single

1. Senior Pastor
2. Worship Leader

It seems that there are good and bad leaders wherever you go these days. I would first try to find the confidence in the leadership before joining any church.
That thought was gotten from the following sermon...

Upvote 0

Solo81

Jan 19, 2024
Gundy
✟24,510.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

-Protestant
-No women pastors
-No dietary restrictions

Thank you in advance.
You want a diluted version of Christ's Body, eh? You should be earnestly seeking Jesus' will on this, not ours.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟777,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
While this is not my confession, years back I interacted with a Landmark Baptist confession. Their beliefs were those linked here which seem very close to what the OP.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

WanderedHome

Jul 26, 2019
Southern US
✟35,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

-Protestant
-No women pastors
-No dietary restrictions

Thank you in advance.
what is it, in your mind, that convinces you you have found a "meat" church? Asking honestly. There are a lot of different kinds of Baptists, sounds to me like you are looking for KJV only.

Upvote 0

NeoWatchman

Apr 17, 2024
Columbus
✟5,281.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
what is it, in your mind, that convinces you you have found a "meat" church? Asking honestly. There are a lot of different kinds of Baptists, sounds to me like you are looking for KJV only.
I'm LOOKING FOR a meat church. Not having any luck.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟69,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I'm LOOKING FOR a meat church. Not having any luck.

You appear to be looking for the perfect church that meets your exclusive needs. Good luck! It doesn't matter what church/denomination people associate themselves with, there will always be something(s) they don't completely agree with. That's why so many leave churches searching for something else, why there are disagreements and schisms, why church memberships shrink until they close. Find a church you enjoy attending, study your Bible and make your own decisions about some of your beliefs, and worship God. You don't have to agree or disagree with every detail of every church or denomination. Otherwise you'll be searching your entire life. Have faith, follow God, live a Christian life, be a light to others. Don't become so entrenched in minutia that you miss the bigger picture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

David Lamb

May 30, 2024
Paignton
✟3,601.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

1. Senior Pastor
2. Worship Leader

I agree with what you say about good and bad leaders, but where in the bible do we find the idea that a "Senior Pastor" and a "Worship Leader" are important leaders in a church? No church I've belonged to has either of those. Pastors, elders, and deacons, yes, but not senior pastors oir worship leaders.

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,091,649.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I agree with what you say about good and bad leaders, but where in the bible do we find the idea that a "Senior Pastor" and a "Worship Leader" are important leaders in a church? No church I've belonged to has either of those. Pastors, elders, and deacons, yes, but not senior pastors oir worship leaders.
And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying, Make thee two trumpets of silver; of a whole piece shalt thou make them: that thou mayest use them for the calling of the assembly, and for the journeying of the camps. And when they shall blow with them, all the assembly shall assemble themselves to thee at the door of the tabernacle of the congregation.- Numbers 10:1-3

Two Trumpets -

1. The Worship - For the calling of the assembly
2. The Word - For the journeying of the camps

In this day and time I would recommend any denomination approved by this Christian web site... However... I would want to know two things...

1. The Worship - Does the church have a good worship leader?
2. The Word - Does the church have a good Senior Pastor?

I visited a Lutheran church who had a wonderful senior pastor in his 80's who finally decided to retire. The church has been struggling to find a good pastor since. I went to a scripture study Thursday morning just to find a few men there. And from the conversation they were not doing well since losing their wonderful Senior Pastor. I also left worried that the beautiful church would end up abandoned if they do not find someone good to fill those shoes.

And... A RW Schambach sermon on the importance of the Worship and the Word...

Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,091,649.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Let's see... New Testament... The closest I can come...

1. The Worship - Justus
2. The Word - Crispus

7 And he departed thence, and entered into a certain man's house, named Justus, one that worshipped God, whose house joined hard to the synagogue.
8 And Crispus, the chief ruler of the synagogue, believed on the Lord with all his house; and many of the Corinthians hearing believed, and were baptized. - Acts 18

I have also read the New Testament wondering why worship was not emphasized more. So... Agreeably... I do not have a lot of scriptural support here.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

rockytopva

Site Supporter
Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
✟1,091,649.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I believe a senior pastor could be compared to a bishop...

1 This is a true saying, if a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. -1 Timothy 3

Upvote 0