✟255,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-
Well the 1970's not only had great music. But also great radio stations that played the music. In Jackson Ms was one of, if not the best in America WJDX/WZZQ 102.9

Below is a link to a recently released movie about this Radio Station.

WZZQ the Movie

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,416,034.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
-
Well the 1970's not only had great music. But also great radio stations that played the music. In Jackson Ms was one of, if not the best in America WJDX/WZZQ 102.9

WZZQ the Movie
Great! :oldthumbsup: I will be sure to check it out. :)

Reactions: d taylor
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,637.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Great! :oldthumbsup: I will be sure to check it out. :)
:)
-​

If you do watch the program. Be looking out for (toward the end) the Fleetwood Mac poster for the City Auditorium in Jackson. Ticket prices were $4, 5 and 6 dollars. The Auditorium maxed out at about 3000 people.

Upvote 0

Chesterton

Whats So Funny bout Peace Love and Understanding
Site Supporter
May 24, 2008
Flatland
✟882,621.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
-

WZZQ the Movie
I remember when FM radio was not much of a commercial enterprise. It was almost considered "underground". We had a couple of great rock stations here. They really had no format or programming. Back in the days when everything wasn't divided into genres and sub-genres. Whatever DJ was at the helm just played whatever they wanted to play. I remember a local newspaper columnist used to complain about a DJ burping on air. Sometimes they'd play an album cut, and then the rest of that side of the album would play, and then there'd be an hour of silence, because...the DJ fell asleep? Or is doing who knows what? ^_^

Back then, we also could get this cool Mexican radio station at night, because the Mexican government didn't control how many watts a station could transmit, and their transmissions would overpower weaker U.S. stations. Z Z Top made a song about it:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums