✟145,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice!

Sorry to hear. Look at the possibility of obtaining camel milk. It's not just the higher concentration of Lactoferrin that's in it. It also has "nanobodies". Special adaptations animals get in dehydrated conditions.

Nanobodies are able to penetrate deeper into tissues even without presence of blood vessels such as the joints. They can serve as anti-inflammatory and hasten healing of afflicted joints. They can also boost the immune system and among other things.
I hope the mace training is not irritating it because I really like it and didn’t know how long it was taking until I timed it at 33 minutes.
I don’t want to give that up.
I will look into camels milk. Sounds promising

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,846.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I hope the mace training is not irritating it because I really like it and didn’t know how long it was taking until I timed it at 33 minutes.
I don’t want to give that up.
I will look into camels milk. Sounds promising

Same way I've been loving skating so much for exercise. It was also skating where I injured my knee recently. Twice from over-twisting and from my own poor flexibility.

So I also need to take care of my knees too and hopefully, the problem doesn't return.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,269,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
My HRV was good today, so I went to the park and spent about twenty minutes on the air walker. Yesterday was just a one off bad day: maybe I had been exposed to a virus/cold, or the cool air in the room did not agree with me.

I'm learning to rely less and less on the Body Battery score. It is useful as an educational tool to recognize stress, but morning HRV is an adequate way to measure recovery.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Still having leg pain. If it’s still hurting tomorrow I’m going to stick to dumbbells and bands this week and nothing that stresses my lower back, no mace work and no kettlebell swings. I hate to give those up but I have to see if that’s part of the problem.
Still having sleep issues. I haven’t found a solution for this yet.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,846.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Still having leg pain. If it’s still hurting tomorrow I’m going to stick to dumbbells and bands this week and nothing that stresses my lower back, no mace work and no kettlebell swings. I hate to give those up but I have to see if that’s part of the problem.
Still having sleep issues. I haven’t found a solution for this yet.

You can get back to it after several weeks without pain.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,269,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
On Wednesday I went to the gym for about 45 minutes, but mostly I've been focused on Yoga, Pilates, static stretching, breathwork and recovery. Despite the lower exercise load in the past month (about 1/2 what it was the previous month), I have actually lost some more fat and gained about a pound of muscle.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’m coming down with something and still having leg pain so I didn’t work out Wednesday or Thursday. I plan to work out today and tomorrow but nothing that stresses my lower back, no Mace or Kettlebell Swings
Friday
Chest Expander superset with InnStar Chest Press superset with Krusher superset with BodyBlade x 3 Giant Sets
Band Curls 3 x AMRAP
Reverse Grip Expanders 3 x AMRAP
Saturday
X3 Seated Rows superset with BodyBlade x 3 supersets
TG Pull Ups 3 sets AMRAP
Double DB Lying On Bench Row 3 sets AMRAP
InnStar Shoulder Press 3 x AMRAP

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,846.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This week, I did more than 2 hours of skating each day and have exceeded 14 hr exercise workload in temperatures ranging from 86F in the morning to 120F in the afternoon. Quite ironic for a winter sport done in lethal high outdoor temperatures. I don't think I faced such high temperatures before. I had to keep moving for air-cooling. If stop, the heat is unbearable. Signs of the times.

I dropped down to a weight of under 120 lbs from a nominal weight of 128 lbs this week. It's probably just water weight I lost due to high temperatures but I definitely look more ripped too. Lifting 80 lb weight off the ground with deadlift or squat felt significantly easier on my legs.

Overall, the vast majority of my workout this week in Zone 1 to Zone 2 skating, a small amount in cycling errands, and the remainder in strength exercises with 40 lb dumbbells.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,269,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
This week, I did more than 2 hours of skating each day and have exceeded 14 hr exercise workload in temperatures ranging from 86F in the morning to 120F in the afternoon. Quite ironic for a winter sport done in lethal high outdoor temperatures. I don't think I faced such high temperatures before. I had to keep moving for air-cooling. If stop, the heat is unbearable. Signs of the times.

I dropped down to a weight of under 120 lbs from a nominal weight of 128 lbs this week. It's probably just water weight I lost due to high temperatures but I definitely look more ripped too. Lifting 80 lb weight off the ground with deadlift or squat felt significantly easier on my legs.

Overall, the vast majority of my workout this week in Zone 1 to Zone 2 skating, a small amount in cycling errands, and the remainder in strength exercises with 40 lb dumbbells.

How does it get so hot in the Philippines? I lived in Guam as a kid and I don't remember it ever getting very hot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Maybe try lighter weights or clubs?
Probably just going to use bands and dumbbells but nothing that stresses the lower back.
I hate it because I really want to do 30 minutes with the Mace for the cardio and because I enjoy it.
I may try circuit training, doing multiple exercises without rest, this works strength and cardio.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday I forgot to take my vitamins and supplements before I went to work and was extremely hungry. I made several trips to the vending machines. When I got home I had gained 8 pounds.
But this morning I had lost 5 of them so I’m only up 3 pounds.
I’ve got 3 weeks to lose 8 pounds to meet my goal for next month.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,269,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Probably just going to use bands and dumbbells but nothing that stresses the lower back.
I hate it because I really want to do 30 minutes with the Mace for the cardio and because I enjoy it.
I may try circuit training, doing multiple exercises without rest, this works strength and cardio.

You can swing light Indian clubs, that could count as a form of cardio. Another option would be to buy an inexpensive hand cycle, they don't cost alot of money and they make ones that go on a table or counter top.

Anything that gets your heart rate up to 40-60 percent intensity is adequate for cardio exercise. Even just staying active around a house, doing household chores, can potentially be considered cardio.

Dr. Stephen Seiler has some videos about low intensity cardio. There's no apparent lower bounds for when cardio is too light in intensity to produce a training stimulus.

Another advantage of low intensity cardio is that it burns fat almost exclusively and is unlikely to make a person hungry.

• Informative
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,846.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
How does it get so hot in the Philippines? I lived in Guam as a kid and I don't remember it ever getting very hot.

Recent weather broke records. It wasn't this hot before so definitely climate change.

Having way more high-rise buildings now also made things quite worse. The roof of our apartment building where I skate absorbs the heat from the sun like a hot parking lot. Non-issue for the most part, but the hot surfaces makes it a bit more slippery for skating and also increases wear on the wheels.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,644.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I called in sick to work today. I hate to do that especially on a Wednesday because I only work 6 hours on Wednesdays. But I can’t walk without pain. Nobody wants to see the person who is responsible for protecting them looking like they’re crippled.
I go to the pain management doctor tomorrow.
So workouts are going to be bands and dumbbells, no Mace or Kettlebells.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,269,634.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
Recent weather broke records. It wasn't this hot before so definitely climate change.

Having way more high-rise buildings now also made things quite worse. The roof of our apartment building where I skate absorbs the heat from the sun like a hot parking lot. Non-issue for the most part, but the hot surfaces makes it a bit more slippery for skating and also increases wear on the wheels.

We are starting to have a heat wave here, too. It almost reached record temperatures, about ten degrees higher than historic averages. The wet bulb temperature reached over 95 degrees, which is too hot to do any kind of exercise outdoors in the middle of the day. It might be a little cooler this weekend, but it will still be warm.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,846.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
We are starting to have a heat wave here, too. It almost reached record temperatures, about ten degrees higher than historic averages. The wet bulb temperature reached over 95 degrees, which is too hot to do any kind of exercise outdoors in the middle of the day. It might be a little cooler this weekend, but it will still be warm.

I exercise outdoors to about 120 F for few hours. I have acclimatized for years now. Being very skinny helps. More surface area to volume and my veins are bursting out of my skin in high temperatures.

It's a lot easier acclimatizing to the cold than to high temperatures.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,846.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I stopped exercising for a day and I suffered bouts of migraines and headaches. It's been happening for some time now each time I don't exercise for a day.

It started back in the year 2020, the start of Covid pandemic. I might have been infected back then but is completely asymptomatic. Then I got infected back in 2021 where the symptoms are stronger but still asymptomatic to some degree. At the time, my migraines got worse if I don't exercise.

This year I think my condition is the worst yet. If I don't do my daily 2 hr exercise, skip for just a day, I'll get severe migraines. Sometimes no migraines but bouts of vertigo-like symptoms (not spinning but feels more like being hit by a big sea wave, strong vibrating sensation in my head, like someone taped a phone in my head and make it vibrate). It's a very weird sensation, almost feels good but also feels like I'm going to lose consciousness.

Migraines themselves look weirder too with visual artifacts that looks like group pictures of people.

Otherwise, if I keep to my daily 2 hr exercise, no problems whatsoever and feel perfectly healthy. I think there might be something in my head I couldn't be bothered to get checked.

Upvote 0