• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

'Fire of Revival' Spreads in Europe as Thousands Pack Stadiums in Hungary and Italy

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟198,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
There is no such thing as the Gospel of Trump. In my opinion, to suggest otherwise is borderline blasphemy if not outright actual blasphemy.
Sorry. Otherwise known as Christian Nationalism. To suggest that Christian Nationalism has anything at all to do with the Gospel of Christ would indeed be blasphemy.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
"Gospel of xxx" is a common metaphor for a strongly held belief. It's often used to ridicule someone who tends to go over the top. To suggest blasphemy is a little ridiculous.

OB
I agree with you entirely on this, hence, this is why I do not like any of the two candidates we are given in 2024.

One is a little woke (Biden) while the other one is a criminal (Trump). Where is Nikki Haley (R), Chris Christie (R) or Pete Buttigieg (D) when we need them?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟118,114.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The liberals really have no idea what Christian nationalism truly is, in my opinion.

As for my reaction to the "gospel of Trump", I reacted that way because some liberals on these forums consistently say that Christians supporting Trump over Biden must be part of a cult.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In my opinion, Joe Biden is the very most progressive liberal that has ever been POTUS.
In 2021, Biden was okay, but he has been slipping so far left since 2023, and gone totally off the rails in 2024. The nail in the coffin for Joe was when he started pushing trans stuff on Easter (March 31, 2024). Why does Biden have to obsess over this pride* stuff (I know this is not the forum to bring it up in), but I have to rebuke Joe for this. Biden should focus on bipartisan stuff, instead of this gender bending junk. I can not in good faith vote for Joe anymore (and I'll definitely not vote for Trump either). In other words, Jesus might be a write-in for me.

*Proverbs 11:2 (NIV): "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom."

In other words, pride comes before the fall.

Stuff straight from the White House

And for those thinking about calling me a conservative, I am a centrist, and not for any party. 10 years ago, I used to be much farther left, but since the trans stuff has been spewing from the left, the center seems better.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟198,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
In 2021, Biden was okay, but he has been slipping so far left since 2023, and gone totally off the rails in 2024. The nail in the coffin for Joe was when he started pushing trans stuff on Easter (March 31, 2024). Why does Biden have to obsess over this pride* stuff (I know this is not the forum to bring it up in), but I have to rebuke Joe for this. Biden should focus on bipartisan stuff, instead of this gender bending junk. I can not in good faith vote for Joe anymore (and I'll definitely not vote for Trump either). In other words, Jesus might be a write-in for me.

*Proverbs 11:2 (NIV): "When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom."

In other words, pride comes before the fall.

Stuff straight from the White House

And for those thinking about calling me a conservative, I am a centrist, and not for any party. 10 years ago, I used to be much farther left, but since the trans stuff has been spewing from the left, the center seems better.
See, Democrats still don't have a very clear idea of what they've. walked into. They have no idea why the LGBT issue has blown up in their faces like it has. Democrats really don't care if people are gay or not, trans or not. They see people who are different and are being discriminated against for it, and jerk! goes the knee.

Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
See, Democrats still don't have a very clear idea of what they've. walked into. They have no idea why the LGBT issue has blown up in their faces like it has. Democrats really don't care if people are gay or not, trans or not. They see people who are different and are being discriminated against for it, and jerk! goes the knee.
It is getting late here, but yes, I have no idea what happened to the Democratic party. :) It used to be a halfway decent party in the first half of the 2010s or so, supporting environmentalism and reducing racism, but nowadays in 2024, this Democratic party shuns anyone who is not into the trans ideology. Isn't that a form of discrimination itself?

I'm pretty much done with the Democrats. And, I am not a fan of the modern day Republican party. Remember when real issues were talked about, such as raising wages, solving climate change and improving public transport? Nowadays, all the Democrats ever talk about is trans stuff and push for late term abortions.

In other words, take me back to 2014, grab a TARDIS (oh wait, look at what happened to Doctor Who). Was a better year than 2024, that is for sure.

From TARDIS to Turdis - Dr. Who has gone down the toilet: Doctor Who 2024 Ratings: Loses Another 400k Viewers | Cosmic Book News

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟198,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
It is getting late here, but yes, I have no idea what happened to the Democratic party. :) It used to be a halfway decent party in the first half of the 2010s or so, supporting environmentalism and reducing racism, but nowadays in 2024, this Democratic party shuns anyone who is not into the trans ideology. Isn't that a form of discrimination itself?
The shun anyone who hassles them about the imaginary 'trans ideology'
I'm pretty much done with the Democrats. And, I am not a fan of the modern day Republican party. Remember when real issues were talked about, such as raising wages, solving climate change and improving public transport?
The Democrats are working hard to enact those policies, with considerable resistance from the Christian Right.
Nowadays, all the Democrats ever talk about is trans stuff and push for late term abortions.
Democrats talk about many things. Evidently LGBT is the most important to you. But there is no push for late term abortions. That is a settled question.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The shun anyone who hassles them about the imaginary 'trans ideology'

The Democrats are working hard to enact those policies, with considerable resistance from the Christian Right.

Democrats talk about many things. Evidently LGBT is the most important to you. But there is no push for late term abortions. That is a settled question.
Well, we both agree on solving climate change, which some Republicans are not onboard with. Below, here is a nifty political view "card" of my ideologies that I have. Blue is liberal, purple is centrist, and red is conservative. My ideologies I try to line up with the Bible, with some compromise. I am surprised why the modern GOP does not support affordable healthcare or environmental conservation, as the Bible talks about being good caretakers of the Earth. Maybe, the two party system needs a revamp.

1718027033368.png

Note:
There are conservatives for clean energy (to get us off of foreign oil): Conservatives for Clean Energy – Conservatives for Clean Energy
And Democrats that are pro-life: 2024 Whole Life Agenda - Democrats For Life of America

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟187,822.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The growing group with 'No Religion' (aka the 'Nones') are not atheists. 'Nones' are simply people who don't identify with any particular religion or denomination.
I don't think that is true of the 2021 UK Census question on religion. People were asked specifically to indicate from this list :

No religion; Christian; Buddhist; Hindu; Jewish; Muslim; Sikh; Other religion; Not stated (it was a voluntary question)​

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟1,059,068.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't think that is true of the 2021 UK Census question on religion. People were asked specifically to indicate from this list :

No religion; Christian; Buddhist; Hindu; Jewish; Muslim; Sikh; Other religion; Not stated (it was a voluntary question)​

Since the Census question doesn't include a specific category for Atheists or Agnostics they would tend to tick the No Religion box. As a result, they would not be separately identified.

The sentence below is from Wikipedia (Irreligion in the UK). It shows the results of a 2018 survey where atheists were separately identified at around 8% with 52% opting for No Religion. Atheists lack a belief in the existence of God or other supernatural entities while 'Nones' typically harbour vague beliefs in a higher power or some form of spirituality. The atheist/None split is discussed in detail in the article I gave you. The Australian Census has an Atheist category and its result shows that there are separate atheist and None groupings.

Irreligion in the United Kingdom is more prevalent than in some parts of Europe, with about 8% indicating they were atheistic in 2018,[5] and 52% listing their religion as "none"
OB

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟198,862.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married

What's the box for "I think there may be a higher power who is interested in us, but organized religion sucks." Does that count as "No religion?"

• Haha
Reactions: Whyayeman
Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟187,822.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Since the Census question doesn't include a specific category for Atheists or Agnostics they would tend to tick the No Religion box. As a result, they would not be separately identified.

I am not sure what you mean by agnostic - or atheist, for that matter. They are not very specific terms, especially on this forum.

Historically, an agnostic was used by theologians to describe Christians who held that it was impossible to prove the existence of god; Christian agnostics was a field of discourse for them. Maybe nowadays it tends to mean 'don't know'. There was no box for the 'don't knows' in that census.

Many people use the term 'atheist' to denote people who assert that there is no God in existence. Perhaps Wikipedia's 8% are the people referred to, and the 52% are the rest of the non-believers. Either way, it looks as if religion is on the wane here (UK) and elsewhere.

Upvote 0

Occams Barber

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2012
Northern NSW
✟1,059,068.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Divorced
I am not sure what you mean by agnostic - or atheist, for that matter. They are not very specific terms, especially on this forum.

They are actually quite specific (see dictionary definitions below). Unfortunately, many Christians on this forum (and elsewhere) tend to see (or want to see) atheism as a belief system - like a religion. They have difficulty in understanding that atheism is simply a lack of belief in gods - full stop. Atheist numbers tend to be small and fairly static,

The Nones concept has been around for decades. It's a category typically filled by ex-Christians who, for a variety of reasons have lost faith in organised religion and its specific dogmas and doctrines along with those who are indifferent to religion. The Nones represent the biggest risk to Christianity since they are a large and rapidly growing group siphoning Christians away from the church.

Religion is definitely on the wane in the UK - mainly due to indifference.

Historically, an agnostic was used by theologians to describe Christians who held that it was impossible to prove the existence of god; Christian agnostics was a field of discourse for them. Maybe nowadays it tends to mean 'don't know'. There was no box for the 'don't knows' in that census.

Agnostic = a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God.
In other words, an Agnostic is someone who adopts a neutral position on the question of the existence of gods based on a view that it can't be proven either way,

Many people use the term 'atheist' to denote people who assert that there is no God in existence. Perhaps Wikipedia's 8% are the people referred to, and the 52% are the rest of the non-believers. Either way, it looks as if religion is on the wane here (UK) and elsewhere.

Atheist = a person who disbelieves or lacks belief in the existence of God or gods.
Basically - no evidence = no gods.
Note that atheism has nothing to do with Evolution in spite of the regular Christian claim that Evolution is an atheistic concept. Atheists share no beliefs in common apart from the lack of belief in gods.

OB

Upvote 0

Nithavela

you're in charge you can do it just get louis
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟521,433.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Over here, the only visible "fire of revival" is the revival of fascism.

I'm sure those events happen, but a thousand people here or there doesn't make much difference on a large scale.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hans Blaster

E pluribus unum
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟336,710.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

I'm sure those events happen, but a thousand people here or there doesn't make much difference on a large scale.
Pretty much the same in the US. We seem to be hitting our 1930s peak. In your country that would take a lot more fascism to hit.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟300,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry. Otherwise known as Christian Nationalism. To suggest that Christian Nationalism has anything at all to do with the Gospel of Christ would indeed be blasphemy.
Amen.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Agreed. Just read in the news that Europe is starting to go far-right, just as America started to, over half a decade ago. This is bad stuff for the continent of Europe. :(

Upvote 0

Nithavela

you're in charge you can do it just get louis
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟521,433.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Agreed. Just read in the news that Europe is starting to go far-right, just as America started to, over half a decade ago. This is bad stuff for the continent of Europe. :(

It hasn't started. This has been going on for years, too. It's just at a pretty late stage.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟545,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It hasn't started. This has been going on for years, too. It's just at a pretty late stage.
So, has it been getting worse over the past decade? I never remembered the far right stuff blowing up across the US and Europe as much as it has been in the 2020s. What is the end game of this stuff?

Upvote 0