• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Ex-Ukraine prosecutor said he was told to back off probe of Biden-linked firm

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟997,337.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Obama put Biden in charge. Biden said: "Fire the prosecutor ... or you don't get the Billion dollars". Just FACTS. It's not complicated.

It seems to be complicated since the fact that this was done as official US foreign policy with the backing of the international community and was not initiated by Biden seems to be something the right wing conspiracy is unable to account for.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, so the interview was manipulated for Trump's benefit.

I would like it investigated.
Perhaps Adam Schiff will be interested in hearing from you about the matter. Do you have any information Schiff would find useful?
Shokin, who is elderly now, can try and defend himself. With Guiliani involved, one has to wonder what benefit Shokin got from the interview. Thus the question, what was he paid?
You and I both know that you are needlessly impugning Shokin.

If Shokin got anything from the interview with Rudy, it's nowhere near the million dollars Hunter Biden collected from Ukraine for doing ... by all available accounts ... exactly nothing. Hence, the accusations of corruption.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,873,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Perhaps Adam Schiff will be interested in hearing from you about the matter. Do you have any information Schiff would find useful?

You and I both know that you are needlessly impugning Shokin.

If Shokin got anything from the interview with Rudy, it's nowhere near the million dollars Hunter Biden collected from Ukraine for doing ... by all available accounts ... exactly nothing. Hence, the accusations of corruption.
I think you are dodging.
No comment about the fact that Republicans were on board with Shokin's firing, or that it was hailed by the European Union, and that the IMF also wanted him fired and the Ukrainian people protested for his firing?

A Ukraine gas company tied to Joe Biden's son is at the center of the Trump-whistleblower scandal

• Daria Kaleniuk, co-founder of the Ukrainian Anti-Corruption Action Center told The Washington Post, "Shokin was not investigating. He didn't want to investigate Burisma. Shokin was fired not because he wanted to do that investigation, but quite to the contrary, because he failed that investigation."
  • Yuriy Lutsenko, Ukraine's former prosecutor general who left the post at the end of August, told Bloomberg in an interview in May that neither Biden nor Hunter are the subject of investigations: "I do not want Ukraine to again be the subject of US presidential elections. Hunter Biden did not violate any Ukrainian laws — at least as of now, we do not see any wrongdoing. A company can pay however much it wants to its board."
  • Lutsenko added: "At the end of the day, Shokin submitted his own resignation."
  • Additionally, Lutsenko on September 26 told The Washington Post: "From the perspective of Ukrainian legislation, [Hunter Biden] did not violate anything."
I think Trump is getting desperate. The economy is going into recession. His trade wars have caused growth to be stifled, debt to go up, and the global economy is faltering. He isn't gaining followers. So he is using his powers as president to dig dirt on Biden who he sees as his main competition.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I think you are dodging.
I think Trump is getting desperate.
Ok. Since we're going strictly with opinion at this point ...

I think Democrats are desperate to avoid any focus on Ukraine. Ukrainians have even called it the Democrats Russia, the place where Democrats did what they are accusing Trump of having done with Russia.

We'll just have to wait until more of the story unfolds.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,873,654.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ok. Since we're going strictly with opinion at this point ...

I think Democrats are desperate to avoid any focus on Ukraine. Ukrainians have even called it the Democrats Russia, the place where Democrats did what they are accusing Trump of having done with Russia.

We'll just have to wait until more of the story unfolds.
And you are dodging everything else I posted. not surprised.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,520,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Obama put Biden in charge. Biden said: "Fire the prosecutor ... or you don't get the Billion dollars". Just FACTS. It's not complicated.

right. Who you are trying to kid? It's obvious you and the Trump loyal media are trying to distract from the actions of the President....it's really getting pathetic.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟354,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The point here is, that Republicans keep ignoring, is that Biden did it on his own then that evidence would be in the United States, not the Ukraine. As was stated, current evidence shows that the US Government was aware that the loan was conditional on anti-corruption efforts, including that Shokin be fired. And, as was posted, there is evidence of three Republican Senators who agreed with that condition, that the prosecutor needed to be fired.

Now, if there is evidence that the above is untrue -- that somehow Biden lied to everyone and got them all behind firing that prosecutor -- that Biden "masterminded" it, that evidence would be in the United States. The Ukraine would not have the evidence as what Biden did there is largely unchallenged, even he admits that he got the prosecutor fired for corruption.

I'm amazed how suddenly Republicans want to put their faith in someone that is known to be dishonest. With all the claims of how people were lying about Trump, Cohen comes to mind, yet here is a man fired for corruption but, since he says something that helps Trump, he must be telling the truth.

Regardless, all of this is a sideshow that distracts from the crime Trump committed -- it is illegal to ask foreign governments for help with your political campaign. And Trump has basically admitted that is what this is; that while he has used the words "anti-corruption" it is all about investigating Biden. That, with or without holding money (that would just make it worse) is a crime and because he didn't do this with Russian, he was exonerated by the Mueller report.

More to the point, an investigation was already ongoing with Ukraine -- one being done by the Justice Department looking into the 2016 election with a special prosecutor. So why does Trump need a new investigation to look, allegedly, into the same things (since he brought up Crowdstrike)? One done by his personal lawyer working outside any type of official capacity? This helps point to just how corrupt this is; particularly since Giuliani claimed to have found information and, only now after the news leaked, is he suddenly allegedly sharing the information with the government. My guess is, this was not meant to be released until Biden was the Democratic nominee.

I seriously fear for the US if this is "excused" by the Republicans -- it will set a new low for politics in the US. I can't help but think of someone with the morals that Hillary is claimed to have, or Nixon, in the White House. In the future, they will know that they can call up foreign leaders and request "dirt" on those planning to run against them. They'll know Trump was found "not guilty" for the same activities. Please tell me how I don't have to worry about this in the future?

Reactions: whatbogsends
Upvote 0