Egal charismatic, xennial, fairly Arminian, ecumenically-oriented, disabled.

deborahjoy429

Mar 20, 2023
Mid-Atlantic
✟12,248.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

Browsing the categories here, I am an egalitarian, xennial non-word-of-faith charismatic.

I became suddenly severely ill on the cusp of adulthood while co-leading a mission trip in a remote area in Latin America and have been disabled for over two decades (most of those years housebound or bedridden). I have sought healing from many avenues and need a miracle.

I am and have always been single and not really able to consider much else because of my condition, although that is thoroughly contrary to my personality.

I like bible scholarship (e.g., Tim MacKie, Craig Keener, Kenneth Bailey) and theology (both from within and outside my own camp) and have devoted energies to it in the past but am far more limited in cognitive energy and audio-visual tolerance these days. Also my memory has been quite impaired, so everything is kind of fuzzy except for the conclusions I came to or the questions I still have. I do think outside of the box but agree with the Nicene creed and accept scripture rightly interpreted as the authority for faith and life. I was raised in an uber-conservative house-church tradition. I resonate quite a bit with the Vineyard Association of Churches today. For many, many years I was certain I was called to the ministry, actually.

I have been involved in the arts community through poetry (not just as self-expression but as a strenuous engagement with the capacities of its different schools of style, content, and form). Many of my interactions, then, have been with folks most Christians would consider odd bedfellows to keep.

In my before life I was very active. I love nature and dream of being on the trails.

I’ve popped onto this forum previously without joining. Cognitive exertions and screen time are costly for me even if more possible than physical exertions. However, I’m in an increasingly isolated position. Even among my online friends, many have lost faith or the like in the upheaval of recent years. (And I get that; I’ve probably been, well, let’s call it “reconstructing” my entire life.) Others seem to have lost their bearings on everyday reality while holding on to their tenets of faith. Many have become more callous toward the disabled amid the camps that have formed of late. Either way I’ve lost a good deal of what little online fellowship I still had. Crucially, I’m now living in an area where I’ve never lived before; just about no one even knows I exist hidden away in this house except for my very elderly caregivers.
It is hard when you like to go deep but have no energy to go deep even in a written format (which is far less costly for me than orally or in person). I don’t know if it will be possible for me to make some meaningful contacts here in the dizzying array of discussions. I'm also not clear if there are truly private boards here, which would help me feel less inhibited. But it seems right to join.

Thank you to all moderators and volunteers!
Deborah

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟328,810.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

Browsing the categories here, I am an egalitarian, xennial non-word-of-faith charismatic.

I became suddenly severely ill on the cusp of adulthood while co-leading a mission trip in a remote area in Latin America and have been disabled for over two decades (most of those years housebound or bedridden). I have sought healing from many avenues and need a miracle.

I am and have always been single and not really able to consider much else because of my condition, although that is thoroughly contrary to my personality.

I like bible scholarship (e.g., Tim MacKie, Craig Keener, Kenneth Bailey) and theology (both from within and outside my own camp) and have devoted energies to it in the past but am far more limited in cognitive energy and audio-visual tolerance these days. Also my memory has been quite impaired, so everything is kind of fuzzy except for the conclusions I came to or the questions I still have. I do think outside of the box but agree with the Nicene creed and accept scripture rightly interpreted as the authority for faith and life. I was raised in an uber-conservative house-church tradition. I resonate quite a bit with the Vineyard Association of Churches today. For many, many years I was certain I was called to the ministry, actually.

I have been involved in the arts community through poetry (not just as self-expression but as a strenuous engagement with the capacities of its different schools of style, content, and form). Many of my interactions, then, have been with folks most Christians would consider odd bedfellows to keep.

In my before life I was very active. I love nature and dream of being on the trails.

I’ve popped onto this forum previously without joining. Cognitive exertions and screen time are costly for me even if more possible than physical exertions. However, I’m in an increasingly isolated position. Even among my online friends, many have lost faith or the like in the upheaval of recent years. (And I get that; I’ve probably been, well, let’s call it “reconstructing” my entire life.) Others seem to have lost their bearings on everyday reality while holding on to their tenets of faith. Many have become more callous toward the disabled amid the camps that have formed of late. Either way I’ve lost a good deal of what little online fellowship I still had. Crucially, I’m now living in an area where I’ve never lived before; just about no one even knows I exist hidden away in this house except for my very elderly caregivers.
It is hard when you like to go deep but have no energy to go deep even in a written format (which is far less costly for me than orally or in person). I don’t know if it will be possible for me to make some meaningful contacts here in the dizzying array of discussions. I'm also not clear if there are truly private boards here, which would help me feel less inhibited. But it seems right to join.

Deborah

Welcome to the forum! Feel free to post away. In time half the forum will love you and half the forum will hate you. Just like everybody else. :)

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,759.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello,

Deborah
Welcome to CF, Sister.

May The LORD Bless You and Keep You

Shalom Aleichem

• Friendly
Reactions: deborahjoy429
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,757,592.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello,

Deborah
Welcome Deborah!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟387,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello,

Deborah
Hi Deborah I am praying right now for your miracle. God has no boundaries, In the name of Jesus Christ, be well!

• Friendly
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gregorikos

Ordinary Mystic
Dec 31, 2019
Louisville, Kentucky
Visit site
✟113,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hello,

Deborah

Welcome, Deborah!

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Christoph Maria

Dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return...
Sep 10, 2022
Göteborg, Sweden
✟67,267.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Labour

0f850fba0aced026357cca14c3afc50b_(4).gif

Welcome to Christian Forums!

LORD, those who know you will trust in You.
You have never deserted those who look to You.
Psalms 9:10

"Here is what I am commanding you to do:
Be strong and brave.
Do not be terrified.
Do not lose hope.
I am the LORD your God.
I will be with you everywhere you go."

Joshua 1:9

"Judah, listen to me!
People of Jerusalem, listen to me!
Have faith in the LORD your God.
He'll take good care of you.