Akron
✟77,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Frances Collins wrote a book on how DNA is the language of God. He tends to be a Theistic Evolutionist even though he is very busy and often does not have time to think things through.

Dr. Francis Collins, the director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), made a decision to lift a three-year moratorium on funding controversial research involving genetically altering viruses in ways that could make them more contagious, more deadly, or both. This type of research is known as gain-of-function experiments. Dr. Collins’ decision to lift the moratorium has sparked debate among scientists, with concerns about biosafety, biosecurity, and the balance between potential benefits and risks.

As director of NIH he approved the money for the research on the virus that escaped the Wuhan lab and caused the pandemic. He retired after that although I think Biden fired him. For me the whole thing has payola written all over it. Otherwise if his reputation had not been tarnished he would be a leading expert and he does have a web site on theistic evolution.

1712918193438.png

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟927,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Dr. Francis Collins, the director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), made a decision to lift a three-year moratorium on funding controversial research involving genetically altering viruses in ways that could make them more contagious, more deadly, or both. This type of research is known as gain-of-function experiments. Dr. Collins’ decision to lift the moratorium has sparked debate among scientists, with concerns about biosafety, biosecurity, and the balance between potential benefits and risks.
Indeed - one step appears to lead to another when going down that path.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
As director of NIH he approved the money for the research on the virus that escaped the Wuhan lab and caused the pandemic.
You've been badly misinformed:

On October 13, 2021, the WHO director-general established the Scientific Advisory Group for the Origins of Novel Pathogens (SAGO). China officially rejected the WHO’s plan for a second phase of investigation of origins. The SAGO’s preliminary report warned that China was withholding key data.
Recently, a team of international experts announced that they had identified data on SARS-CoV-2–positive environmental samples collected from the Huanan market in January 2020, which China had withheld from the public domain for 3 years. Chinese scientists had uploaded the data to GISAID (the Global Initiative on Sharing All Influenza Data) but then removed them. In response to pressure from the WHO, China restored those data to GISAID.

It now appears that first known cases came about much earlier, from miners exposed to bats in a cave.
A Proposed Origin for SARS-CoV-2 and the COVID-19 Pandemic - Independent Science News | Food, Health and Agriculture Bioscience News

It could still have been spread from the market in Wuhan, or even from a lab. But clearly the virus, in the form it presented at the beginning of the pandemic, was in the wild long before scientists identified it. This doesn't have much to do with evolution as such.

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,146,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Frances Collins wrote a book on how DNA is the language of God. He tends to be a Theistic Evolutionist even though he is very busy and often does not have time to think things through.

As director of NIH he approved the money for the research on the virus that escaped the Wuhan lab and caused the pandemic. He retired after that although I think Biden fired him. For me the whole thing has payola written all over it. Otherwise if his reputation had not been tarnished he would be a leading expert and he does have a web site on theistic evolution.

View attachment 345758

If have that book by Collins. And, if you're going to offer 'info' as criticism of him, please cite your work. Here. I'll do it for you ...

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
He tends to be a Theistic Evolutionist
I just found out that Dr Francis Collins studied Dr Hugh Ross astrophysicist. So we actually do have a PhD that can define Theistic Evolution for us.

Ross points out Job 37, 38 & 39. Also Psalm 34 & 38 as supporting Genesis chapter one and helping us to understand what we are reading in Genesis chapter one.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
We have all been misinformed about the pandemic. That was my point,
My point is that you were falsely told that the virus escaped from a lab in Wuhan. The evidence suggests otherwise.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
My point is that you were falsely told that the virus escaped from a lab in Wuhan. The evidence suggests otherwise.
You are allowing yourself to be deceived by the propaganda. The evidence shows that it did escape. The first people to have the virus were older delivery men who delivered fish to the Wuhan Institute of Virology. What is interesting is the Bat Women that went into the cave to get the virus from the bats. One day she just disappeared. Most likely because she was giving people to much information.

This actually was not a cave it was a very old mine where they would get copper for brass weapons of war. Now the virus is a weapon of war.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
You are allowing yourself to be deceived by the propaganda. The evidence shows that it did escape. The first people to have the virus were older delivery men who delivered fish to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
Actually, the miners who were exposed to those bats in a cave...

Front Public Health. 2020; 8: 581569.

Lethal Pneumonia Cases in Mojiang Miners (2012) and the Mineshaft Could Provide Important Clues to the Origin of SARS-CoV-2

With the COVID-19 pandemic reaching its worst heights, people are interested in the origin of SARS-CoV-2. This study started with two important questions: first, were there any similar atypical pneumonia outbreaks, even on a smaller level, reported between SARS in 2004 and COVID-19 in 2019/20 in China. Second, examining the beta-coronavirus most closely related to date with SARS-CoV-2 at the genome sequence level, strain RaTG13 (CoV4991), which was sampled from a horseshoe bat in Yunnan province, we asked where exactly did it come from. It was found that RaTG13/CoV4991 was collected from Tongguan mineshaft in Mojiang, Yunnan, China, in 2013. Surprisingly, the same mineshaft was also associated with a severe pneumonia-like illness in miners in 2012 killing three of the six miners. A Master's thesis (in the Chinese language) was found on the cnki.net website which described in detail the severe illness in miners. The thesis concluded that a SARS-like CoV originating from Chinese horseshoe bats (Rhinolophus) was the predicted causative agent. The cases were remotely monitored by a prominent pulmonologist in China. Retrospective analysis of the pneumonia cases shows striking similarities with COVID-19. Bilateral pneumonia, vascular complications like pulmonary thromboembolism, and secondary infections are the main similarities. The treatment regimes were similar to the current treatments for COVID-19. We propose that the Mojiang mineshaft miners' illness could provide important clues to the origin of SARS-CoV-2. These cases should be studied by various academicians, researchers, and medical professionals as many important questions are raised in this context.

So that's pretty strong evidence. It would be a remarkable conincidence if bats and the lab came up with them independently. And notice the virus killed three of six miners in 2013. Long before the outbreak in the city. The guys delivering fish came from the Wuhan market. As you indicate, there are a lot of imaginative conspiracy theories out there, and there's a lot of propaganda designed to make them believable, but the facts rule out most of them.

A natural origin is still the more likely theory, said Professor David Robertson, head of viral genomics and bioinformatics at the University of Glasgow.

"There's been an accumulation of evidence (what we know about the viruses biology, the close variants circulating in bats and locations of early human cases) that firmly points to a natural origin centred on the Huanan market in Wuhan city," he said.

Prof Alice Hughes from the University of Hong Kong agreed. She said the US Department of Energy's conclusion that the virus was most likely the result of a lab leak in Wuhan "appears not to be based on new evidence, and remains the weaker of the two main hypothesis of the origin of the virus".

China didn't help by being so secretive about those early cases associated with animals. And your You Tube video? Shi Zhengli was still publishing papers and giving interviews long after your video says she disappeared. She was interviewed by an American journalist in 2022. So there is that.

"But what if she's a clone?"

I guess that's the next video, um?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Actually, the miners who were exposed to those bats in a cave...
I guess you could call them minors. They were hired to clean up after the bats and they were the first to get the bat virus.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Shi Zhengli was still publishing papers and giving interviews long after your video says she disappeared.
I never saw any interviews after she disappeared. No one seems to care about the research papers. My dad is a doctor so I have been reading his medical journals all of my life. I would rather read the research then the news articles. I have a friend that has published 30 or 40 articles in journals. I joke with him that is a lot of articles when you only have 6 people reading them.

One interesting journal has to do with botany in the middle east as wild plants became domesticated. The PhD's that teach at the universities in Jerusalem write article's for each other but outside of those articles there is very little information available. The nice thing is if you write them a email and ask them a question, they well answer you. Their answer maybe I don't know but they well answer.

I asked about the event horizon in a black hole and in Genesis where God said: "Let there be light". The experts did not know by AI does come up with an answer and speculation on the comparison. "The event horizon and evening evoke cosmic wonder and spiritual inquiry. Both beckon us to explore the veiled and the revealed, bridging science and faith."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I never saw any interviews after she disappeared.
But journalists did. Dr. Shi was doing research and giving interviews after your source says she "disappeared."

My dad is a doctor so I have been reading his medical journals all of my life.
She's been doing a lot of publishing:

Lots more of those. These are from 2024. Meeting she attended in 2022:

Your guys just messed up.
One interesting journal has to do with botany in the middle east as wild plants became domesticated. The PhD's that teach at the universities in Jerusalem write article's for each other but outside of those articles there is very little information available.
I happen to have encountered several on them in my studies on biological systems. How a non-shattering wheat mutation quickly became established in a wide area of the Middle East, for example. Some information here:

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
How a non-shattering wheat mutation quickly became established in a wide area of the Middle East
Did you check with Noah to see if he had that strain of wheat on his ark?
She's been doing a lot of publishing:
Because her name is on a list with 50 billion other researchers? It all looks like a typical communist cover up to me but believe what you want. The question is, where does she currently work to do her research? Is she a director of something somewhere?

Clearly there is a HUGE amount of misinformation then it comes to this virus. Just like Collins claimed he retired and he is in his mid 70's but I think that Biden fired him. His statement was no one should have a job like that for over 12 years. He claims you have to get some fresh blood in there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
How a non-shattering wheat mutation quickly became established in a wide area of the Middle East
Did you check with Noah to see if he had that strain of wheat on his ark?
Seems to have happened before the Sumerians arrived in the Middle East.

Because her name is on a list with 50 billion other researchers? It all looks like a typical communist cover up to me
Some of her research is just her or another person or two. Plus, she's been seen by western journalists well after the video claims she "disappeared."

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Seems to have happened before the Sumerians arrived in the Middle East.
That is why I am a dispensationalist. To much happened during the 7,000 year period before we find Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden in Ancient Mesopotamia. There was a massive extinction and repopulation 13,000 years ago. There was massive global warming and a lot of the glaciers melted. Where I live we have 12 feet of gunk left from when the glaciers melted. When they are building a bridge of expressway I take pictures of the layers of conglomerate that was here before the age of glaciers. I live in the great lakes area. A friend of mine worked for a company that put in a huge sewer to drain the lakes when the water level was getting to high from our recent global warming. Good we are higher than the ocean but that does not help Miami that we send water there for them to deal with. They had to change their building codes to 6 inches higher. Of course ice age Florida was a lot bigger than it is now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Some of her research is just her or another person or two. Plus, she's been seen by western journalists well after the video claims she "disappeared."
I do not see anything to indicted that she is still alive. Anyone can put anything in Wiki so you cannot go by that.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I do not see anything to indicted that she is still alive. Anyone can put anything in Wiki so you cannot go by that.
Fact is, American journalists have talked to her after that video says she "disappeared." So there's really no point in denial, unless it's "They are lying, all of them are lying!!"

Covid: Top Chinese scientist says don’t rule out lab leak​

30 May 2023
The virus that causes Covid, it is almost certain, once came from bats.

But how it got from bats to us is a far more controversial question, and from the start there were two main possibilities.

One is that the virus spread naturally from bats to humans, perhaps via other animals. Many scientists say the weight of evidence suggests that is the most likely scenario.

But other scientists say there is not enough evidence to rule out the main alternative possibility - that the virus infected someone involved in research which was designed to better understand the threat of viruses emerging from nature.

Prof Wang is one of a group of scientists who believe that the evidence overwhelmingly suggests that the virus passed to humans in a Wuhan market.

The Huanan Seafood Market - which sold much more than its name suggests, including wild mammals - was connected to many of the early cases, people who worked or shopped there.

Although China has shown a marked lack of transparency, those scientists say there is now enough information, such as the data on those early cases and the environmental sampling in that market, to rule out a lab leak.

In fact, such claims of certainty have been there from the start, most notably in a March 2020 paper which has become one of the most read and most controversial scientific papers of the internet age.

"The Proximal Origin of Sars-Cov-2" was written by some of the most eminent scientists in the field of virology and emerging disease, and it concluded: "We do not believe that any type of laboratory-based scenario is plausible."

It helped to bolster the idea - that quickly became prevalent in much of the media coverage - that the lab leak was a conspiracy theory.

But one of the paper's authors has told the podcast that he now has doubts about the strength of that earlier conclusion.

Ian Lipkin, a professor of epidemiology at Columbia University in New York, has long-experience tracking diseases around the world, including in China, where he has built strong contacts.

He was also the scientific adviser on the Hollywood blockbuster Contagion.

Prof Lipkin now says ruling out any lab-based scenario in the paper was putting it too strongly.

While he continues to believe that the market remains the most plausible explanation for where Covid came from, and does not believe the virus was deliberately engineered, he does not feel all laboratory or research scenarios can yet be excluded.
_129875695_2gettyimages-643961442.jpg.webp

Dr. Shi in 2023.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟77,351.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Fact is, American journalists have talked to her after that video says she "disappeared."
I have not seen that and you have not shown me where she was interviewed sense she disappeared. She was a very outspoken person and that maybe why she disappeared. If your looking at South China Morning Post, that is a propaganda machine for their government. I don't have anything against the government in China but things are different there then they are here in America.

My wife worked in Hong Kong for 9 years under the British government. It is interesting to see Hong Kong now under China rule. I remember my wife and sister in law and I walked into a rooming house. We were trying to save money on a hotel. Two police officers followed us in and searched the whole building. No one really cared and they were upset they did not find anything. So they left.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟373,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0