• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Donald Trump appears at the National Association of Black Journalists with unusual criticism of Kamala Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟338,154.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Asking what black jobs are is stupid. This is a black audience so of course he's going to reference black jobs because whole point of this is to find out what he's going to do for black people.
What are the differences between black jobs and white jobs?

Upvote 0

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟714,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I suppose it means black vs white employment, as opposed to black vs white unemployment that's covered in this 2011 CNN article:

• Agree
Reactions: Truth7t7
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟338,154.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I think that the very last transcription suggests how the event went:

'THANK YOU VERY MUCH. THANK YOU, EVERYBODY. A GREAT HONOR'. [BOOING]
Boo-urns?

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟165,733.00
Faith
Christian
Then you can file that under constructive criticism. Well, thanks for your input, guys. Maybe someone will take that criticism and work it into the campaign so the figures will just keep getting better.

Sure, if you count 'Kamala isn't black' 'this is cringe' and 'this is a clown show' as constructive criticism.

When Biden was running? The only reason Trump was a few points in front of the guy was because of self inflicted wounds. That's not the case now.

Kamala is also another of Biden's self inflicted wounds.

Now Trump is the old guy with doubts about his mental abilities. And his numbers have been falling since the change. You saw the differences I posted. Some of them are, poll-wise, significant. And as I said, that's before the dumpster fire of his last 'interview'.

If you consider Trump's last interview a dumpster fire, I can only imagine what you consider Biden's debate performance.

There is, I grant, what might be termed a honeymoon period. But it's going to be an extended honeymoon. When she picks a VP there's be another jump.

Depends on who she picks as VP. She could pick Hillary Clinton for all we know.

And when the Democrats have their convention there'll be another.

Depends if she is even picked as the nominee, which would be hilarious of she wasn't.

Momentum is everything in an election campaign. Trump is giving the same stump speeches as he always does (when is he going to stop talking about Hannibal Lecter? And why did he even start?), giving zero details on what he is going to do or how he is going to do it. His numbers are not going to rise. And couple that with Vance's miserable performances and the gap in the polls will only increase.

Meanwhile, Kamala Harris:

“It is time for us to do what we have been doing. And that time is every day.”

This intellectual powerhouse is the one that is supposed to bring down Trump?!

Kekw Quality Design | fashionmeg.com

Upvote 0

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟714,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think that the very last transcription suggests how the event went:

'THANK YOU VERY MUCH. THANK YOU, EVERYBODY. A GREAT HONOR'. [BOOING]
Nope, you can clearly hear cheering and clapping at the end before the music starts playing:

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟165,733.00
Faith
Christian
“Watching the first eight minutes” of youtube political commentary produced by some rando?

yeah, no

The genetic fallacy. The majority of the first eight minutes are just clips of black people sharing their opinions on Kamala Harris' rally.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟226,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm kind of wondering about something. A lot of black people born to two black parents refuse to call biracial children (who have one black parent) black. They don't view Meghan Markle as black, for example Yet they want to call Kamala black?
As definitive as what “a lot” of people “refuse” to do is as an argument, maybe it’s just best to focus on what she identifies herself as.

Upvote 0

MrMoe

Part-Time Breatharian
Sep 13, 2011
Moe's Tavern
✟165,733.00
Faith
Christian

A black job is any job done by a black person and white job is any job done by a white person.

Biden mentioned "Black childcare" in the debate. What's black childcare?

He also mentioned "black businesses". What are the differences between a black business and a white business?

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟294,768.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If you consider Trump's last interview a dumpster fire, I can only imagine what you consider Biden's debate performance.
Pretty grim. People are realising that a situation that had two geriatrics vying for the most powerful job in the world was untenable. Now there's only one. It's why the poll numbers are changing.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,532,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had no idea that she was half Indian / Asian American until recently.

....and had Trump left it that, most people would understand his knowledge was based on his limited knowledge of her father's background.
“I didn’t know she was Black until a number of years ago..."

He didn't though.

"....when she happened to turn Black, and now she wants to be known as Black. So I don’t know, is she Indian or is she Black?”

Does she have to chose between her mother and father's racial identity?
Obviously, most Americans see this for what it is:

An old white man questioning a bi-racial woman as to how she identifies.

Upvote 0

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟714,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
....and had Trump left it that, most people would understand his knowledge was based on his limited knowledge of her father's background.
“I didn’t know she was Black until a number of years ago..."

He didn't though.

"....when she happened to turn Black, and now she wants to be known as Black. So I don’t know, is she Indian or is she Black?”

Does she have to chose between her mother and father's racial identity?
Obviously, most Americans see this for what it is:

An old white man questioning a bi-racial woman as to how she identifies.
The thing is black people are pointing out the same thing Trump did. And they're especially mocking her suddenly trying to sound southern, like she's trying to imitate how black people sound.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟309,080.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He pretty much stuck to his script, which is fascinating to watch in that crowd. It doesn't play quite the same. Lol.
His script? You mean off the cuff nonsense?

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,532,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The thing is black people are pointing out the same thing Trump did. And they're especially mocking her suddenly trying to sound southern, like she's trying to imitate how black people sound.

The point being, Trump should have never gone there.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟226,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden mentioned "Black childcare" in the debate. What's black childcare?

Childcare in predominately black areas that are appropriately priced and acknowledge the needs of black families, which may be different than other families…
He also mentioned "black businesses". What are the differences between a black business and a white business?
Well, the biggest one I can think of is that black businesses are either run by black people or are specifically designed to support a segment of the black community, whereas white businesses are run by white people and/or mainly support a white customer base.

• Agree
Reactions: JustOneWay
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟199,095.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Then what are we supposed to be terrified of?
Terrified? Do you feel terrified?

Him succeeding the second time is his goal. He can't be allowed to win.
No that was done by a weaponized legal system.
More accurately called law and order. There was a time when republicans believed in punishing wrongdoers, but that time has passed.

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟226,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hearing her talk, it sounds like it unconsciously slips out when she gets animated/excited/passionate. My mother, who hasn’t lived in the south in 45 years, is the same way. My sister, who’s lived in the south for 30 years, sounds southern until she gets upset, then her “Yankee accent” slips out.

It happens.

Me, mortifying enough, I have to be super careful to not mimic the accent I’m hearing. I subconsciously adopt other people’s accents and inflections when I get animated and it’s a pain because it sounds like I’m mocking them. Even if it’s a short conversation, blam! Out comes the accent I never had for the place I’ve never been. It is the worst.

Nobody is trying to be anything… It’s just the idiosyncrasies of communication.

Upvote 0

ozso

Ingenious Member
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
Cyberspace
✟714,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Terrified? Do you feel terrified?
No I'm just hearing that I should be.
Him succeeding the second time is his goal. He can't be allowed to win.
Why can't he be allowed to win, will something terrifying happen?
More accurately called law and order. There was a time when republicans believed in punishing wrongdoers, but that time has passed.
A weaponized legal system isn't law and order.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.