• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Discovered quite a few homosexuals in my school

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟411,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I had a brother in Christ tell me where I was sinning, I was ignorant and did not know.

That is impossible. Others are unable to see sin.

I could room with my brother and be called a sinner.
I could sleep in the same bed and be labeled a sinner.
I could kiss my brother on the lips and be labeled a sinner.
Only I know when I sin against God.

James 4:17
So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Sin is only for you to decide. Not for anyone else.

Not one bible passage? I'd think you'd find one.

35 Bible verses about Hell
54 Bible verses about Sin
What Does the Bible Say About Judging Others? -
100 Bible Verses aboutJudging Others

Oh sorry here you go...

Re: guidelines on some of the things God considers sin, (by the way we don't get to pick and choose what is sin God says what is sin)

Leviticus 18: 21-24
You shall not give any of your children to offer them to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the Lord. You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. And you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is perversion. “Do not make yourselves unclean by any of these things

Re: judging of those in the church is advocated by Paul the Apostle.

I Corinthians 5:12
What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?”

Just a reminder purity with our physical bodies and how we use it matters.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body

Re: the truth that Raphael and those who profess to be believers but still practice unrepentant homosexual (and other unrighteous sexual) relations should be aware of but sadly ignore and lose out on so much blessing by continuing in unrighteous behaviours because no one cares enough to let them know:

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

What I find interesting in the last verse is that as Christians once born again we do not stay as we were in immorality, adultery, homosexuality, etc. Those behaviours change, they are repented of and done away with. If not is a person really a Christian.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟411,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Oh sorry here you go...

Re: guidelines on some of the things God considers sin, (by the way we don't get to pick and choose what is sin God says what is sin)

You shall not give any of your children to offer them to Molech, and so profane the name of your God: I am the Lord. You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination. And you shall not lie with any animal and so make yourself unclean with it, neither shall any woman give herself to an animal to lie with it: it is perversion. “Do not make yourselves unclean by any of these things

Re: judging of those in the church is advocated by Paul the Apostle.

I Corinthians 5:12
What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside?”

Just a reminder purity with our physical bodies and how we use it matters.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body

Re: the truth that Raphael and those who profess to be believers but still practice unrepentant homosexual (and other unrighteous sexual) relations should be aware of but sadly ignore and lose out on so much blessing by continuing in unrighteous behaviours because no one cares enough to let them know:

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

What I find interesting in the last verse is that as Christians once born again we do not stay as we were in immorality, adultery, homosexuality, etc. Those behaviours change, they are repented of and done away with. If not is a person really a Christian.

And woman are not allowed to speak in church.
You forgot that one applies to your church today as well?

Or do you not follow all the letters?

If women are speaking out loud in your church, do you plan to change?

Please pay attention:

guidelines on some of the things God considers sin, (by the way we don't get to pick and choose what is sin God says what is sin)

1. That the new month shall be solemnly proclaimed as holy, and the months and years shall be calculated by the Supreme Court only (Ex. 12:2) (affirmative) (the authority to declare months is inferred from the use of the word "unto you").
  2. Not to travel on Shabbat outside the limits of one's place of residence (Ex. 16:29) (CCN7). See Shabbat.
  3. To sanctify Shabbat (Ex. 20:8) (CCA19). See Shabbat.
  4. Not to do work on Shabbat (Ex. 20:10) (CCN6). See Shabbat.
  5. To rest on Shabbat (Ex. 23:12; 34:21) (CCA20). See Shabbat.
  6. To celebrate the festivals [Passover, Shavu'ot and Sukkot] (Ex. 23:14) (affirmative).
  7. To rejoice on the festivals (Deut. 16:14) (CCA21).
  8. To appear in the Sanctuary on the festivals (Deut. 16:16) (affirmative).
  9. To remove chametz on the Eve of Passover (Ex. 12:15) (CCA22). See Passover.
  10. To rest on the first day of Passover (Ex. 12:16; Lev. 23:7) (CCA25). See Passover.
  11. Not to do work on the first day of Passover (Ex. 12:16; Lev. 23:6-7) (CCN147). See Passover.
  12. To rest on the seventh day of Passover (Ex. 12:16; Lev. 23:8) (CCA27). See Passover.
  13. Not to do work on the seventh day of Passover (Ex. 12:16; Lev. 23:8) (CCN148). See Passover.
  14. To eat matzah on the first night of Passover (Ex. 12:18) (CCA23). See Passover.
  15. That no chametz be in the Israelite's possession during Passover (Ex. 12:19) (CCN3). See Passover.
  16. Not to eat any food containing chametz on Passover (Ex. 12:20) (CCN5). See Passover.
  17. Not to eat chametz on Passover (Ex. 13:3) (CCN4). See Passover.
  18. That chametz shall not be seen in an Israelite's home during Passover (Ex. 13:7) (CCN2). See Passover.
  19. To discuss the departure from Egypt on the first night of Passover (Ex. 13:8) (CCA24). See The Passover Seder.
  20. Not to eat chametz after mid-day on the fourteenth of Nissan (Deut. 16:3) (CCN104). See Passover.
  21. To count forty-nine days from the time of the cutting of the Omer (first sheaves of the barley harvest) (Lev. 23:15) (CCA26). See The Counting of the Omer.
  22. To rest on Shavu'ot (Lev. 23:21) (CCA28). See Shavu'ot.
  23. Not to do work on the Shavu'ot (Lev. 23:21) (CCN149). See Shavu'ot.
  24. To rest on Rosh Hashanah (Lev. 23:24) (CCA29). See Rosh Hashanah.
  25. Not to do work on Rosh Hashanah (Lev. 23:25) (CCN150). See Rosh Hashanah.
  26. To hear the sound of the shofar on Rosh Hashanah (Num. 29:1) (CCA30). See Rosh Hashanah.
  27. To fast on Yom Kippur (Lev. 23:27) (CCA32). See Yom Kippur.
  28. Not to eat or drink on Yom Kippur (Lev. 23:29) (CCN152). See Yom Kippur.
  29. Not to do work on Yom Kippur (Lev. 23:31) (CCN151). See Yom Kippur.
  30. To rest on the Yom Kippur (Lev. 23:32) (CCA31). See Yom Kippur.
  31. To rest on the first day of Sukkot (Lev. 23:35) (CCA34). See Sukkot.
  32. Not to do work on the first day of Sukkot (Lev. 23:35) (CCN153). See Sukkot.
  33. To rest on the eighth day of Sukkot (Shemini Atzeret) (Lev. 23:36) (CCA37). See Shemini Atzeret and Simchat Torah.
  34. Not to do work on the eighth day of Sukkot (Shemini Atzeret) (Lev. 23:36) (CCN154). See Shemini Atzeret and Simchat Torah.
  35. To take during Sukkot a palm branch and the other three plants (Lev. 23:40) (CCA36). See Sukkot.
  36. To dwell in booths seven days during Sukkot (Lev. 23:42) (CCA35). See Sukkot.
Dietary Laws
  1. To examine the marks in cattle (so as to distinguish the clean from the unclean) (Lev. 11:2) (affirmative). See Animals that may not be eaten.
  2. Not to eat the flesh of unclean beasts (Lev. 11:4) (CCN93). See Animals that may not be eaten.
  3. To examine the marks in fishes (so as to distinguish the clean from the unclean (Lev. 11:9) (affirmative). See Animals that may not be eaten.
  4. Not to eat unclean fish (Lev. 11:11) (CCN95). See Animals that may not be eaten.
  5. To examine the marks in fowl, so as to distinguish the clean from the unclean (Deut. 14:11) (affirmative). See Animals that may not be eaten.
  6. Not to eat unclean fowl (Lev. 11:13) (CCN94). See Animals that may not be eaten.
  7. To examine the marks in locusts, so as to distinguish the clean from the unclean (Lev. 11:21) (affirmative). See Animals that may not be eaten.
  8. Not to eat a worm found in fruit (Lev. 11:41) (CCN98). See Animals that may not be eaten.
  9. Not to eat of things that creep upon the earth (Lev. 11:41-42) (CCN97). See Animals that may not be eaten.
  10. Not to eat any vermin of the earth (Lev. 11:44) (CCN100). See Animals that may not be eaten.
  11. Not to eat things that swarm in the water (Lev. 11:43 and 46) (CCN99). See Animals that may not be eaten.
  12. Not to eat of winged insects (Deut. 14:19) (CCN96). See Animals that may not be eaten.
  13. Not to eat the flesh of a beast that is terefah (lit torn) (Ex. 22:30) (CCN87). See Kosher slaughtering.
  14. Not to eat the flesh of a beast that died of itself (Deut. 14:21) (CCN86). See Kosher slaughtering.
  15. To slay cattle, deer and fowl according to the laws of shechitah if their flesh is to be eaten (Deut. 12:21) ("as I have commanded" in this verse refers to the technique) (CCA48). See Kosher slaughtering.
  16. Not to eat a limb removed from a living beast (Deut. 12:23) (CCN90). See Kosher slaughtering.
  17. Not to slaughter an animal and its young on the same day (Lev. 22:28) (CCN108).
  18. Not to take the mother-bird with the young (Deut. 22:6) (CCN189). See Treatment of Animals.
  19. To set the mother-bird free when taking the nest (Deut. 22:6-7) (CCA74). See Treatment of Animals.
  20. Not to eat the flesh of an ox that was condemned to be stoned (Ex. 21:28) (negative).
  21. Not to boil meat with milk (Ex. 23:19) (CCN91). See Separation of Meat and Dairy.
  22. Not to eat flesh with milk (Ex. 34:26) (according to the Talmud, this passage is a distinct prohibition from the one in Ex. 23:19) (CCN92). See Separation of Meat and Dairy.
  23. Not to eat the of the thigh-vein which shrank (Gen. 32:33) (CCN1). See Forbidden Fats and Nerves.
  24. Not to eat chelev (tallow-fat) (Lev. 7:23) (CCN88). See Forbidden Fats and Nerves.
  25. Not to eat blood (Lev. 7:26) (CCN89). See Draining of Blood.
  26. To cover the blood of undomesticated animals (deer, etc.) and of fowl that have been killed (Lev. 17:13) (CCA49).
  27. Not to eat or drink like a glutton or a drunkard (not to rebel against father or mother) (Lev. 19:26; Deut. 21:20) (CCN106).
Business Practices
  1. Not to do wrong in buying or selling (Lev. 25:14) (CCN47).
  2. Not to make a loan to an Israelite on interest (Lev. 25:37) (CCN54).
  3. Not to borrow on interest (Deut. 23:20) (because this would cause the lender to sin) (CCN55).
  4. Not to take part in any usurious transaction between borrower and lender, neither as a surety, nor as a witness, nor as a writer of the bond for them (Ex. 22:24) (CCN53).
  5. To lend to a poor person (Ex. 22:24) (even though the passage says "if you lend" it is understood as obligatory) (CCA62).
  6. Not to demand from a poor man repayment of his debt, when the creditor knows that he cannot pay, nor press him (Ex. 22:24) (CCN52).
  7. Not to take in pledge utensils used in preparing food (Deut. 24:6) (CCN58).
  8. Not to exact a pledge from a debtor by force (Deut. 24:10) (CCN59).
  9. Not to keep the pledge from its owner at the time when he needs it (Deut. 24:12) (CCN61).
  10. To return a pledge to its owner (Deut. 24:13) (CCA63).
  11. Not to take a pledge from a widow (Deut. 24:17) (CCN60).
  12. Not to commit fraud in measuring (Lev. 19:35) (CCN83).
  13. To ensure that scales and weights are correct (Lev. 19:36) (affirmative).
  14. Not to possess inaccurate measures and weights (Deut. 25:13-14) (CCN84).
Employees, Servants and Slaves
  1. Not to delay payment of a hired man's wages (Lev. 19:13) (CCN38).
  2. That the hired laborer shall be permitted to eat of the produce he is reaping (Deut. 23:25-26) (CCA65).
  3. That the hired laborer shall not take more than he can eat (Deut. 23:25) (CCN187).
  4. That a hired laborer shall not eat produce that is not being harvested (Deut. 23:26) (CCN186).
  5. To pay wages to the hired man at the due time (Deut. 24:15) (CCA66).
  6. To deal judicially with the Hebrew bondman in accordance with the laws appertaining to him (Ex. 21:2-6) (affirmative).
  7. Not to compel the Hebrew servant to do the work of a slave (Lev. 25:39) (negative).
  8. Not to sell a Hebrew servant as a slave (Lev. 25:42) (negative).
  9. Not to treat a Hebrew servant rigorously (Lev. 25:43) (negative).
  10. Not to permit a gentile to treat harshly a Hebrew bondman sold to him (Lev. 25:53) (negative).
  11. Not to send away a Hebrew bondman servant empty handed, when he is freed from service (Deut. 15:13) (negative).
  12. To bestow liberal gifts upon the Hebrew bondsman (at the end of his term of service), and the same should be done to a Hebrew bondwoman (Deut. 15:14) (affirmative).
  13. To redeem a Hebrew maid-servant (Ex. 21:8) (affirmative).
  14. Not to sell a Hebrew maid-servant to another person (Ex. 21:8) (negative).
  15. To espouse a Hebrew maid-servant (Ex. 21:8-9) (affirmative).
  16. To keep the Canaanite slave forever (Lev. 25:46) (affirmative).
  17. Not to surrender a slave, who has fled to the land of Israel, to his owner who lives outside Palestine (Deut. 23:16) (negative).
  18. Not to wrong such a slave (Deut. 23:17) (negative).
  19. Not to muzzle a beast, while it is working in produce which it can eat and enjoy (Deut. 25:4) (CCN188).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
That is impossible. Others are unable to see sin.

I could room with my brother and be called a sinner.
I could sleep in the same bed and be labeled a sinner.
I could kiss my brother on the lips and be labeled a sinner.
Only I know when I sin against God.

Galatians 6:1
Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ

I am incredibly grateful that my brother in Christ cared enough to let me know the sin in my life that was keeping me bound because once that was sorted by God the freedom was incredible and I am very grateful for God's intervention in my life in that way.

Call sin what it is.

Upvote 0

eyesspy

Jun 11, 2017
london
✟16,045.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Abomination" means out of the ordinary. Nothing more.
You may not define sin for others.

Well that 'out of the ordinary' abomination is not allowed according to the word. Its not allowed for me as far as I am concerned. And its the same for others. Its a sin

• Agree
Reactions: FoundInGrace
Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Homosexuality is the result of generational curses passed down through spiritual DNA from our fathers and mothers. Today the generations that WE have produced are looking back at us and what have we to say to them. Those murders, jealousies, lies and general hypocrisy have shaped humanity and we wonder why things are the way they are.
A curse huh? You mean like the curse of Ham?

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh sorry here you go...

These may ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, that may ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of all the living creatures that are in the waters, they are an abomination unto you, and they shall be an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, and their carcasses ye shall have in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that is an abomination unto you. Leviticus 11:9-12

Upvote 0

FoundInGrace

God's sparrow
Dec 27, 2003
✟38,472.00
Faith
Christian
Cool... vegan :)

These may ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, that may ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of all the living creatures that are in the waters, they are an abomination unto you, and they shall be an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, and their carcasses ye shall have in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that is an abomination unto you. Leviticus 11:9-12

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Cool... vegan :)
hardly. God approves of many meat based meals just not shrimp as that is an abomination.
Snacking on four-legged insects is also an abomination. I know there aren’t any four legged insects but if there were I bet they would be tasty.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟411,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Galatians 6:1
Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ

I am incredibly grateful that my brother in Christ cared enough to let me know the sin in my life that was keeping me bound because once that was sorted by God the freedom was incredible and I am very grateful for God's intervention in my life in that way.

Call sin what it is.

It is an internal contract between you and God.

12Only one is the lawgiver, who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge another?
13Come now, you who say, "Today or tomorrow let's go into this city, and spend a year there, trade, and make a profit."14Whereas you don't know what your life will be like tomorrow. For what is your life? For you are a vapor, that appears for a little time, and then vanishes away. 15For you ought to say, "If the Lord wills, we will both live, and do this or that." 16But now you glory in your boasting. All such boasting is evil.
17To him therefore who knows to do good, and doesn't do it,

to him it is sin.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟411,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
hardly. God approves of many meat based meals just not shrimp as that is an abomination.
Snacking on four-legged insects is also an abomination. I know there aren’t any four legged insects but if there were I bet they would be tasty.

Many insects look like they have 4 legs and 2 arms based on how they use them.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟411,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well that 'out of the ordinary' abomination is not allowed according to the word. Its not allowed for me as far as I am concerned. And its the same for others. Its a sin

It's NOT the same for others.
According to Scripture, sin is what YOU are doing wrong, not others.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟411,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe, but I have to think God would know just how many legs insects have

You mean that God would magically change the scriptures over time to match how people
describe the leg configurations of insects?

Like "bats" would magically fade from the scriptures when people
decided they were not birds?

I'm sure that God could accommodate your changing terminology if
He thought it was of importance.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟411,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maybe, but I have to think God would know just how many legs insects have

I would be happier if we called the front legs arms because they often look different and are used differently. Following the scriptures would make modern science look more intelligent.

common-house-fly-eating-piece-corn-up-close-portrait-39132523.jpg

mantis-1.jpg

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟411,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Continuing in unrepentant homosexual relations whilst saying you are a Christian and in lay ministry in the church is unrighteous behavior and not ok.

Not OK for you.
EACH PERSON DECIDES what is sin and what is not, and if they are sinning.

17So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin.

Upvote 0

SilverBear

Sep 2, 2016
Michigan
✟173,606.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
You mean that God would magically change the scriptures over time to match how people
describe the leg configurations of insects?

Like "bats" would magically fade from the scriptures when people
decided they were not birds?

I'm sure that God could accommodate your changing terminology if
He thought it was of importance.
Scripture changes all the time. A couple decades ago the word homosexual was not in the bible, now it appears a half dozen times

• Haha
Reactions: SkyWriting
Upvote 0