Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Which was not accepted....it's just thrown off as not reliable....
Because it is just opinion that is provided and not in the way of being factual.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,805,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
>We have asylum laws because of Jews

Ah so the same Jews who refuse to share the land with Palestine force us to take in immigrants.

Also:
Because the US failed to accept Jews escaping Germany on a boat and they were sent back, many to their deaths. Then after the war, when it was realized that there was the holocaust, folks questioned the denial and a law was passed.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟212,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh. You or your husband work for a slaughterhouse?
Nope, never worked a kill floor. But we both worked in custom processing. Which includes a kill truck going out to the farm and slaughtering, Cooling, hanging for aging, cutting and wrapping for home freezer.
We also both worked in the wholesale end. Hotels restaurants and institutions, processing portion control portions for them ( distinct skill in itself). For that part of the business we were familiar with "slaughter houses". as that is where meat (boxed) comes from for wholesale.
So OSHA doesn't know about injuries in slaughterhouses?
I don't trust osha.
Have you looked into the history the meat industry over the decades?
My husband began meatcutting in the late 60's, I began in the mid 70's

Slaughterhouses are incredibly dangerous places to work, populated by some of the most exploited and disempowered members of society. Data from the US Census Bureau documents that the meat- and poultry-processing workforce is “overwhelmingly made up of people of color, with a large percentage of immigrants and refugees,” the vast majority of whom are noncitizens, and an unknown percentage of whom are undocumented workers.7 “Immigrants are particularly overrepresented in frontline meatpacking occupations.”8 They work elbow to elbow, engaged in fast, repetitive movements with sharp tools and exposed to dangerous chemicals and high noise levels. Because of their vulnerable status, these workers often do not report their injuries.9 Nevertheless, reports of amputations and hospitalizations are high. As the National Employment Law Project recently noted, according to self-reported industry data—which is recognized to be an undercount—“meat and poultry workers are injured at rates on average 50% higher than all other workers in the private sector, with injury rates in red meat plants running almost twice as high.”10 Injuries are not only more prevalent—they are also more severe, even when compared to other dangerous industries.11 Slaughterhouse workers also suffer psychological harms that have been documented and connected to “increased rates of domestic violence, substance abuse, and post-traumatic stress disorder.”12
Both my cardiologist and my GI doctor advised me not to eat ground beef in the US. Why? It is the meat of hundreds of cows processed too fast. Every once in awhile there is a news article about E.Coli in ground beef. It is from the cow's intestines. Think about it.
I would agree with SOME that. E-Coli, became an issue due to immigrants. The Too fast thing Iam not sure about, could be depending on how that was meant.
I will tell you a true story.....My husband had a meat company that sold to restaurants and institutions. They had a floor manager at one of the big box houses "slaughter houses" come to ask for a job. My husband was curious because he knew the guy was making more there than they were willing to pay him. He still wanted the job. My husband asked him why? He said they would bring in a truckful of illegals in the back door, as immigration was taking his crew out the front door. He said he barely got them trained, when immigration would take his crews away. He was tired of it. He also was Mexican himself.
The illegals did not know what they were doing. It takes some training to know what your doing. The untrained would cut into bladders, bowels etc, and it got on the carcass. They also did assembly line, one cut per person. To overcome the lack of training quicker. As illegals gained more skills they moved up to the various parts of the meat business. I never worked with them in the 80's but by 2015 the only non hispanics were old retirees. The wages had gone up only two dollars an hour from when i left to raise three kids. They ruined the wages throughout the whole industry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟30,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because the US failed to accept Jews escaping Germany on a boat and they were sent back, many to their deaths. Then after the war, when it was realized that there was the holocaust, folks questioned the denial and a law was passed.
Yes, after the war, when the Jews whined their way into stealing land from Palestinians.

That was a mistake. The government should care about its own citizens, and not put others above us at our own expense.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,805,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes, after the war, when the Jews whined their way into stealing land from Palestinians.

That was a mistake. The government should care about its own citizens, and not put others above us at our own expense.
"Whined their way"?

Are you aware that there were over 80,000 Jews living around Jerusalem in 1900?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,805,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Nope, never worked a kill floor. But we both worked in custom processing. Which includes a kill truck going out to the farm and slaughtering, Cooling, hanging for aging, cutting and wrapping for home freezer.
We also both worked in the wholesale end. Hotels restaurants and institutions, processing portion control portions for them ( distinct skill in itself). For that part of the business we were familiar with "slaughter houses". as that is where meat (boxed) comes from for wholesale.

I don't trust osha.

uh - huh.
My husband began meatcutting in the late 60's, I began in the mid 70's

I would agree with SOME that. E-Coli, became an issue due to immigrants. The Too fast thing Iam not sure about, could be depending on how that was meant.
I will tell you a true story.....My husband had a meat company that sold to restaurants and institutions. They had a floor manager at one of the big box houses "slaughter houses" come to ask for a job. My husband was curious because he knew the guy was making more there than they were willing to pay him. He still wanted the job. My husband asked him why? He said they would bring in a truckful of illegals in the back door, as immigration was taking his crew out the front door. He said he barely got them trained, when immigration would take his crews away. He was tired of it. He also was Mexican himself.
The illegals did not know what they were doing. It takes some training to know what your doing. The untrained would cut into bladders, bowels etc, and it got on the carcass. They also did assembly line, one cut per person. To overcome the lack of training quicker. As illegals gained more skills they moved up to the various parts of the meat business. I never worked with them in the 80's but by 2015 the only non hispanics were old retirees. The wages had gone up only two dollars an hour from when i left to raise three kids. They ruined the wages throughout the whole industry.
That is not the fault of the immigrants. They are wooed by the money. They believe the hype. The fault is in the company that fails to pay enough and be safe enough for Americans to work the job. There was time, the 40-50s - early 60s, where it was a great job. Unions did that. Removing the unions is why the safety is where it is today.

• Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟212,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
uh - huh.

That is not the fault of the immigrants.
I never said it was....
They are wooed by the money. They believe the hype. The fault is in the company that fails to pay enough and be safe enough for Americans to work the job.
Exactly Americans. It certainly was not American workers fault either.
There was time, the 40-50s - early 60s, where it was a great job.
Yes it was good. It was up there with Electricians, plumbers, but those are going too.
Unions did that. Removing the unions is why the safety is where it is today.
The government knew. They would come in at intervals to round up illegals. They knew, because there were USDA in at least twice day. They knew illegals were part of the crew. Those kinds of places are under full usda inspection....
What it comes down to in my mind is.....The book learned professionals deciding everything. USDA inspection when it first started mostly (if not all)_ were people in the industry. They knew a thing or two about the actual hands on. Then the book learned took over more and more. By the time I had come back 30 years later, we had to keep the label for certain products with the meat. The Inspector needed it because they could not identify What they needed to verify without it.
Truth in labeling, was not confirmed by them rather the label told them what it was.
The custom farm kill shop I had, was USDA Exempt. Even then the USDA was there once every few months unless they were concerned with a shop then it could be whenever they felt the need. Then there was also the state inspectors also. Government is clearly and closely around.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,805,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I never said it was....

Exactly Americans. It certainly was not American workers fault either.
Well, yeah, you are blaming illegals for lowering wages. It is the company's fault.

Yes it was good. It was up there with Electricians, plumbers, but those are going too.
My brother in law was a plumber/electrician and did great! The guy had his house, his vacation home and hunting cabin, and had 4 snowmobiles and a boat and two large trucks. He worked through every economic downturn.

The government knew. They would come in at intervals. They knew, because there were USDA in at least twice day. They knew illegals were part of the crew.
What it comes down to in my mind is.....The book learned professionals deciding everything. USDA inspection when it first started mostly (if not all)_ were people in the industry. They knew a thing or two about the actual hands on. Then the book learned took over more and more. By the time I had come back 30 years later, we had to keep the label for certain products with the meat. The Inspector needed it because they could not identify What they needed to verify without it.
Truth in labeling, was not confirmed by them rather the label told them what it was.
Actually, the food industry is regulated by insiders. There was a time when they got congress to pass a law about not criticizing the meat industry. They prohibited filming in the plants. They had also passed a law about no unscheduled inspections.

Remembering the time Oprah went on trial for criticism of the meat industry:

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟212,526.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, yeah, you are blaming illegals for lowering wages. It is the company's fault.
No it is the governments fault, just like it is now. The company did not fail at securing our border.

My brother in law was a plumber/electrician and did great! The guy had his house, his vacation home and hunting cabin, and had 4 snowmobiles and a boat and two large trucks. He worked through every economic downturn.

Actually, the food industry is regulated by insiders. There was a time when they got congress to pass a law about not criticizing the meat industry. They prohibited filming in the plants. They had also passed a law about no unscheduled inspections.

Remembering the time Oprah went on trial for criticism of the meat industry:
Well I remember watching a Documentary, where it showed some meat fall on the floor. The commentator said "look at that, the inspector is right there and did nothing about that meat falling on the floor". I hollered at my husband to come in and listen. I said this is why USDA has all these ridiculous rules, to cover their behinds. It showed meat pieces, and fat on the floor, which of course most had been walked on. Yet people don't realize how clean it is.
We walk through a sterile solution pool for our shoes everytime we walk into the production area. We put on clean coats before we enter. If we go outside that room, we take off our coats so no contamination. Gloves, hair coverings. Every night all equiptment is cleaned and sanitized. Then in the morning the inspector shows up early for preop. With a Flashlight looking over all the equipment. meat cutter knives. It was cleaner by far on that floor, meat, fat, stepped on and all than a kitchen counter at home. Now why did the person doing the documentary not know that? And if he did. why did he not say how clean our very shoes were?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,805,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No it is the governments fault, just like it is now. The company did not fail at securing our border.
The companies are the ones wooing poor Latin Americans into the use and helping get their visas to start with.

Well I remember watching a Documentary, where it showed some meat fall on the floor. The commentator said "look at that, the inspector is right there and did nothing about that meat falling on the floor". I hollered at my husband to come in and listen. I said this is why USDA has all these ridiculous rules, to cover their behinds. It showed meat pieces, and fat on the floor, which of course most had been walked on. Yet people don't realize how clean it is.
We walk through a sterile solution pool for our shoes everytime we walk into the production area. We put on clean coats before we enter. If we go outside that room, we take off our coats so no contamination. Gloves, hair coverings. Every night all equiptment is cleaned and sanitized. Then in the morning the inspector shows up early for preop. With a Flashlight looking over all the equipment. meat cutter knives. It was cleaner by far on that floor, meat, fat, stepped on and all than a kitchen counter at home. Now why did the person doing the documentary not know that? And if he did. why did he not say how clean our very shoes were?
Don't know. I would like to watch it.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,502,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I'm not sure that was the case. At the time, being moved to Palestine was hotly debated even within Jewish circles. Many didn't believe they should be relocated from the lands in which they had lived for generations. The most conservative and orthodox Jews (that we'd call "Zionists" today) wanted to wait for the obvious inarguable hand of God to move them back.

To a great extend, moving Jews to Palestine was a cynical secular European effort to get Jews out of their countries...just more palatable than the Nazi "Final Solution."

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,502,618.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The companies are the ones wooing poor Latin Americans into the use and helping get their visas to start with.
I'd say that was half true.

American companies are certainly wooing poor Latin Americans to the US to work for sustenance-level wages.

But they do not want those illegal laborers to become legal...the illegality of that labor is how the companies evade paying them a legal wage or paying the extra costs of legal employment. That illegal labor is worth billions to US corporations.

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟30,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I said sexual assault which he admitted to and Trump's adultery is also public.
By endorsing Trump you accept, tolerate and normalize this behavior.

You have evidence of Biden's sexual immorality?
Btw Joe Biden is an adulterer, did u not know that?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums