• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Creating a Humanzee

Do you support the creation of the Humanzee?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 90.0%

• Total voters

Hans Blaster

E pluribus unum
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟336,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
It's a word associated with Oppenheimer. :sorry:

The point being: sometimes in science, we don't always know when to stop short of making unwise research decisions.

If you mean plutonium, Oppenheimer didn't create that (it was Seaborg) and there is no "e" in plutonium. If it is some related string of words, I know not what they are. Plutonium is made in the same places that uranium is made, most likely merging neutron stars. It occurs naturally even on Earth. The first human synthesized plutonium was made by the same process still used to create heavy isotopes artificially, bombarding a heavy nucleus with a light nucleus. The same people created the next element (Americium) just a few years later. You probably have some of that in your home.

• Informative
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Discern the Difference!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,194,095.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you mean plutonium, Oppenheimer didn't create that (it was Seaborg) and there is no "e" in plutonium. If it is some related string of words, I know not what they are. Plutonium is made in the same places that uranium is made, most likely merging neutron stars. It occurs naturally even on Earth. The first human synthesized plutonium was made by the same process still used to create heavy isotopes artificially, bombarding a heavy nucleus with a light nucleus. The same people created the next element (Americium) just a few years later. You probably have some of that in your home.

Only trace amounts of it occur naturally, Hans. Trace amounts.

Anyway, humanzees are a stupid idea.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,991,237.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Anyway, humanzees are a stupid idea.

Don't think that's going to stop them though.

They'll try it, just because they can.

If they succeed, then they'll get bragging rights.

After that, some law will come out that they can't do it for ethical reasons.

Then they'll stop.

Real "wise men" would make a law right now.

BEFORE scientists make their Frankenstein.

Remember LSD?

It was first created in a lab.

Then it was "beta tested" by the general population.

Then it was outlawed.

Remember Thalidomide?

It was first created in a lab.

Then it was "beta tested" by the general population.

Then its use was limited.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

E pluribus unum
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟336,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟247,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Scientifically speaking, creating a humanzee would be no different from how we've created Ligers and Mules. So why haven't we created a humanzee yet, knowing it's entirely possible and super easy?
Because it is neither. It has been tried several times, and failed each time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,086,998.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Scientifically speaking, creating a humanzee would be no different from how we've created Ligers and Mules. So why haven't we created a humanzee yet, knowing it's entirely possible and super easy?

Many say it's an issue of morality. But why would it be, considering a humanzee would be neither human, nor chimp. What would be a worst or best case scenario in this situation? Being the eternal optimist that I am, I envision a friendly pet-like companion, like a dog, but much smarter. It's not like it would be in a constant state of pain, like some kind of groaning Frankenstein - nature doesn’t allow animals to live in perpetual pain. Perhaps they could even be trained to do our work for us? Like picking fruit in the fields? Or factory work, or other jobs humans don't particularly like doing? For thousands of years we've been using horses in similar ways - I don't see how a humanzee would be any different.

I thought Biden was a Humanzee?

Upvote 0