Communion wafers found discarded in parking lot of West Virginia church after Easter Mass

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,731,069.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Catholics who attended Easter Mass at a historic Harpers Ferry, West Virginia, church were met with a disturbing sight when they left the service to go back home — at least 100 Communion wafers were strewn across the parking lot and nearby street.

“[The people] were upset because they were concerned [they could be] consecrated hosts,” Father Timothy Grassi said of the incident that took place at 190-year-old St. Peter’s Roman Catholic Church.

It’s unclear who placed the wafers on the ground or what message the perpetrator was trying to convey, but the church reported the action to the National Park Service law enforcement, which is investigating the matter. Grassi told CNA he has not received any updates since the incident was reported to the police.

Whoever spread the wafers on the ground did it while the Mass was being celebrated. The wafers were not present at the start of the Mass but were there when the Mass-goers exited the church, according to the priest.

Grassi said he is certain the wafers “were not from our church [because] none were missing and they were a different size.” He also said: “I don’t know of any churches that have identified having hosts stolen [to] that degree,” suggesting that they were probably not taken from a Catholic church and probably not consecrated.

“My best guess is that [these were] not consecrated hosts,” Grassi said.

Continued below.

• Prayers
Reactions: DJWhalen

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟222,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s unclear who placed the wafers on the ground or what message the perpetrator was trying to convey
Probably some Protestants or just GP unbelievers having a go at the Catholics. They wouldn't know enough to realize that unconsecrated hosts are just bits of bread. It was goony and stupid, and entirely the product of militant ignorance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Probably some Protestants or just GP unbelievers having a go at the Catholics. They wouldn't know enough to realize that unconsecrated hosts are just bits of bread. It was goony and stupid, and entirely the product of militant ignorance.
Absolutely!

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I remember of a company that sells them to eat.
Probably someone who wanted to upset the Church.
An atheist YouTuber with some men pretending to be women (transgenders) did an eating video of them eating unconsecrated hosts and wine to mock our beliefs. It’s disgusting how much hate the left has for us.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟447,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
An atheist YouTuber with some men pretending to be women (transgenders) did an eating video of them eating unconsecrated hosts and wine to mock our beliefs. It’s disgusting how much hate the left has for us.
It's sad. :worried:

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟222,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So a bunch of mentally ill folks eating.. bread. Oh yeah, I'm outraged. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟447,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So a bunch of mentally ill folks eating.. bread. Oh yeah, I'm outraged. :rolleyes:
Rather apathetic.

IF someone outside your door did something to 'stalk' you... you would be like 'meh'?

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟222,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Rather apathetic.

IF someone outside your door did something to 'stalk' you... you would be like 'meh'?
On my property? I'd have them jugged for trespassing. For actual stalking, I'd go explain to them that they were putting themselves at risk of a variety of unpleasant conseqences. If they were not on my property and eating unconsecrated hosts, I'd offer them peanut butter and a horselaugh. Laughter is generally the response to ignorant dimwittery.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
✟447,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
On my property? I'd have them jugged for trespassing. For actual stalking, I'd go explain to them that they were putting themselves at risk of a variety of unpleasant conseqences. If they were not on my property and eating unconsecrated hosts, I'd offer them peanut butter and a horselaugh. Laughter is generally the response to ignorant dimwittery.

Rather I am referring to the wafers found on the parking lot.
As for the instigators, they have long reaching consequences.

I forget which NDE a guy who was shown his life even young and said he stole something then saw the direct consequences and events he caused.

We can find this amusing, but it also creates people who go one step further.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟222,906.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They still have hatred for us and mocked Jesus. Yeah, the whole video was rather stupid.
Hatred for the Christian Faith isn't at all uncommon, and in some places Christians are being tortured and killed for the Faith. That's the reality of it. So when people who are bound by their shared psychotic delusions try to mock us by aping a sacrament they obviously can't understand, I can't get too exercised about it.

It's like when generally dull-witted, generally adolescent, trolls barge into Christian discussion forums hollering"@#$%! I'm Satan! You're all going to hell!" embellished with whatever profanity they have access to in their generally limited vocabularies. They usually appear to think that invoking Old Nick will frighten Christians, and I suppose it will scare a few. (Having been an engineer for many, many years, I've probably heard more, and more creative, profanity than the little twerps have ever heard,so I always get a laugh out of theirs.) Most of us, I reckon, think they ought to be spanked and grounded for six months. They're nothing more than public nuisances whose parents have failed them.

Yeah, mocking our Lord is doubleplus ungood. But the pathetic souls who do idiotic stuff like that literally "know not what they do". Some of them - I hope many - may end up joining us some day.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟248,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Hatred for the Christian Faith isn't at all uncommon, and in some places Christians are being tortured and killed for the Faith. That's the reality of it. So when people who are bound by their shared psychotic delusions try to mock us by aping a sacrament they obviously can't understand, I can't get too exercised about it.

It's like when generally dull-witted, generally adolescent, trolls barge into Christian discussion forums hollering"@#$%! I'm Satan! You're all going to hell!" embellished with whatever profanity they have access to in their generally limited vocabularies. They usually appear to think that invoking Old Nick will frighten Christians, and I suppose it will scare a few. (Having been an engineer for many, many years, I've probably heard more, and more creative, profanity than the little twerps have ever heard,so I always get a laugh out of theirs.) Most of us, I reckon, think they ought to be spanked and grounded for six months. They're nothing more than public nuisances whose parents have failed them.

Yeah, mocking our Lord is doubleplus ungood. But the pathetic souls who do idiotic stuff like that literally "know not what they do". Some of them - I hope many - may end up joining us some day.
Thanks for your thoughtful response, you’re absolutely right :)

Upvote 0