• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Clarence Thomas and the Billionaire

essentialsaltes

Fact-Based Lifeform
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟899,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
That letter from those Senators shows the hypocrisy of the Senators in my opinion.
Why, have billionaires given them RVs, and then they 'forgot' to report the gifts to the IRS and on their ethics forms?

How do you reach a conclusion of 'hypocrisy'?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟145,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why, have billionaires given them RVs, and then they 'forgot' to report the gifts to the IRS and on their ethics forms?

How do you reach a conclusion of 'hypocrisy'?
All politicians receive money and/or gifts from lobbyists and wealthy donors... and I ain't talking about money to use in election campaigns.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Fact-Based Lifeform
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟899,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
All politicians receive money and/or gifts from lobbyists and wealthy donors... and I ain't talking about money to use in election campaigns.

It's not hypocritical for gun owners to fault Hunter Biden for the crime he committed on his gun application form.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟183,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Gosh, do you really believe this?
No wonder you don’t like our government.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟145,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Gosh, do you really believe this?
No wonder you don’t like our government.
Yes. I really do believe that.
Politicians get wealthy and very rich during their multiple terms of office by gaining a lot more wealth and assets which could be bought by using only their income from being a Senator or congressman.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,551,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes. I really do believe that.
Politicians get wealthy and very rich during their multiple terms of office by gaining a lot more wealth and assets which could be bought by using only their income from being a Senator or congressman.

...so let's dismiss all Congressional committees who provide oversight because, according to your belief, they're all corrupt.

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟145,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...so let's dismiss all Congressional committees who provide oversight because, according to your belief, they're all corrupt.
I would love for Congress to reveal and clean up the corruption inside of both the Senate and the US House of Representatives.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,551,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would love for Congress to reveal and clean up the corruption inside of both the Senate and the US House of Representatives.

...but if all politicians are corrupt (your words), how will Congress clean itself up?

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟145,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
...but if all politicians are corrupt (your words), how will Congress clean itself up?
That is a great question.
Thankfully, I am not dependent on the government for enjoying and experiencing the Grace, blessings, love and mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,551,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thankfully, I am not dependent on the government for enjoying and experiencing the Grace, blessings, love and mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Then I suggest you refrain from calling Senators hypocrites.
The fact is, Judge Thomas participate in activities that no USSC Justice has ever done. He needs to be held to account.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟183,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
This happening would be pretty close to the Parousia, (and probably about two minutes after)!

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟183,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Odd that government corruption would matter to you at all, with this wonderful “fallback”!

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Fact-Based Lifeform
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟899,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Sens. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.) and Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) sent the letter to Garland last week asking him to appoint a special counsel “to investigate possible violations of federal ethics and tax laws.”

Clarence Thomas Took Free Yacht Trip to Russia, Chopper Flight

Buried on page 14 of a letter that two Democratic senators sent to Attorney General Merrick Garland on Tuesday, in which they urged Garland to appoint a special counsel to probe Thomas, was an astonishing list of dozens of “likely undisclosed gifts and income” from Crow, Crow’s affiliated companies, and “other donors.”

The list of potentially secret gifts also includes a loan of more than $267,000 provided by Thomas’ close friend Anthony Welters, the yacht trip to Russia from the Baltics, and the helicopter ride to Yusupov Palace in St. Petersburg. ProPublicafirst reported last year on the existence of extensive undisclosed gifts and lavish trips from Crow.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟183,671.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat

Clarence Thomas Took Free Yacht Trip to Russia, Chopper Flight

Buried on page 14 of a letter that two Democratic senators sent to Attorney General Merrick Garland on Tuesday, in which they urged Garland to appoint a special counsel to probe Thomas, was an astonishing list of dozens of “likely undisclosed gifts and income” from Crow, Crow’s affiliated companies, and “other donors.”

The list of potentially secret gifts also includes a loan of more than $267,000 provided by Thomas’ close friend Anthony Welters, the yacht trip to Russia from the Baltics, and the helicopter ride to Yusupov Palace in St. Petersburg. ProPublicafirst reported last year on the existence of extensive undisclosed gifts and lavish trips from Crow.
“Man has Generous ’Friends’!” —TheSpin©®️™️

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,551,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Ocasio-Cortez Files Impeachment Articles Against Justices Alito and Thomas

The articles of impeachment contend, among other allegations, that Justices Alito and Thomas were obligated to recuse themselves from cases related to Mr. Trump’s and his allies’ efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 election — Justice Thomas because his wife participated in those efforts and Justice Alito because flags associated with the efforts flew outside Justice Alito’s homes.

“The unchecked corruption crisis on the Supreme Court has now spiraled into a constitutional crisis threatening American democracy writ large,” Ms. Ocasio-Cortez said in a statement. She added that the justices’ actions posed “a grave threat to American rule of law, the integrity of our democracy and one of the clearest cases for which the tool of impeachment was designed.”

Articles against Judge Thomas:

Articles against Judge Alito:

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟145,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you believe that all these Senators have cheated on their taxes?
I believe all Senators and congressmen and congressmen have been exposed to the corruption of Big money lobbying.

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Fact-Based Lifeform
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟899,551.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

Sen. Wyden says Thomas took two more undisclosed flights on donor’s jet

A letter from Sen. Ron Wyden to Harlan Crow’s lawyer says Justice Clarence Thomas took two flights on Crow’s private jet that have not been previously reported.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection documents show Thomas and his wife, Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, traveled round-trip from Hawaii to New Zealand aboard Crow’s private jet in November 2010, according to the letter. Crow was aboard the flights.

• Informative
Reactions: wing2000
Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,551,738.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
U.S. Customs and Border Protection documents show Thomas and his wife, Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, traveled round-trip from Hawaii to New Zealand aboard Crow’s private jet in November 2010, according to the letter. Crow was aboard the flights.

Frequeent flyer status on "Crow Airlines".

Upvote 0