Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Psalms 112:1

“Praise the Lord!
Blessed is the man who fears the Lord,
who greatly delights in his commandments!”

To fear the Lord is to take him and his word seriously and to do what it says to do under the New Covenant. It is to honor God with our lives, to revere him, to worship him, and to show him due respect. It is to walk in holiness and in righteousness in the power of God in obedience to his commands (New Covenant). And it is to forsake our lives of living in sin. And we do this because we love him and we want to do what pleases him.

Psalms 112:6-8

“For the righteous will never be moved;
he will be remembered forever.
He is not afraid of bad news;
his heart is firm, trusting in the Lord.
His heart is steady; he will not be afraid,
until he looks in triumph on his adversaries.”

This is Day 11 of being sick. I haven’t been able to eat much at all for 11 days. I am able to drink water, though, so I am not dehydrated. But this has been miserable. I am coughing up a lot of mucus. I was sick like this in February of 2020 for about 2 weeks. But it just has to run its course. And that takes time. So every day I commit my life into the hands of the Lord and I trust him to direct my path, and then I follow wherever he leads me.

We all go through stuff. Some of it is physical, and some of it is emotional, or it has to do with all sorts of things. But life has its ups and downs, for sure. Some days are good, and other days are not so good, yet still we praise the Lord. For we are not promised a life of ease or free from suffering, are we? No! We are promised that we will share in the fellowship of Christ’s sufferings, becoming like him in his death.

I admit it is a lot harder to write when I don’t feel well physically, but to this God has called me, and so he gives me everything that I need to continue. For we can’t live life by our feelings. We can’t let our circumstances take us out and to get us to retreat just because we are not up to par. I am quite certain that Paul wrote those letters in prison under great suffering. And he didn’t wait until he felt better before he wrote what God gave him to write.

Now I know that sickness is part of life, but I believe Satan uses these times of sickness to attempt to get us to retreat because he wants to stop what we are doing because what we are doing, if we are serving the Lord Jesus, opposes Satan and his work. So we need to not be moved from the work of the Lord. Now, granted, if you are “puking your guts out,” that might present a challenge if you are trying to write, but I think you understand what I am saying. We can so easily be pulled away if we are not careful.

[Matt 5:10-12; Matt 10:16-25; Matt 24:9-14; Lu 6:22-23; Lu 21:12-19; Jn 15:1-21; Jn 16:33; Ac 14:22; Rom 5:3-5; Phil 3:7-11; 1 Pet 1:6-7; 1 Pet 4:12-17; 1 Thess 3:1-5; Jas 1:2-4; 2 Co 1:3-11; Heb 12:3-12]

Dwelling In Beulah Land

By Miles C Austin (1911)

Far away the noise of strife upon my ear is falling;
Then I know the sins of earth beset on every hand;
Doubt and fear and things of earth in vain to me are calling;
None of these shall move me from Beulah Land.

Far below the storm of doubt upon the world is beating,
Sons of men in battle long the enemy withstand;
Safe am I within the castle of God’s word retreating,
Nothing there can reach me, ’tis Beulah Land.

Let the stormy breezes blow, their cry cannot alarm me;
I am safely sheltered here, protected by God's hand;
Here the sun is always shining, nothing there can harm me;
I am safe forever in Beulah Land.

Viewing here the works of God, I sink in contemplation;
Hearing now His blessed voice, I see the way He planned;
Dwelling in the Spirit, here I learn of full salvation,
Gladly I will tarry in Beulah Land.

I'm living on the mountain, underneath a cloudless sky,
I'm drinking at the fountain that never shall run dry;
Oh, yes! I'm feasting on the manna from a bountiful supply,
For I am dwelling in Beulah Land.