• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Brother Nathanael must be stopped

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,521,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Alright guys, I am leaving this thread, cos no one is calling out the blatant racism of this priest.
you don’t need to announce you’re leaving a thread as if your opinion is something we desperately want.

and, yes, his blatant racism was called out in this thread. when the Orthodox folks on here state that he was excommunicated in the past, and is excommunicated now, the excommunication is because racism is a condemned heresy in the Church.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟584,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
you don’t need to announce you’re leaving a thread as if your opinion is something we desperately want.

and, yes, his blatant racism was called out in this thread. when the Orthodox folks on here state that he was excommunicated in the past, and is excommunicated now, the excommunication is because racism is a condemned heresy in the Church.
Hey, we both agree on this. So, why is this guy still relevant in 2024?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟307,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
because one of the times he did his anti-Semitic nonsense, ROCOR excommunicated him and he said he was only brought back after he repented and took his medication.
Ohhh, I looked him up and it appears you’re completely right.

I’ll offer prayers for him.

His life honestly sounds rather lonely because it appears he has zero social support.

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟232,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Any negative race mixing stuff always makes me feel horrible about myself. I’m a product of a mixed marriage (and my father as well and his father). Inbreeding is not healthy!
No worries, I'm mixed as well!

Upvote 0

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟232,262.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
he really isn’t. I forgot about him until I saw this thread.
Father, I wouldn't say he is that irrelevant. His post has 51.6K Views, which might make people believe Orthodoxy promotes racism.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,521,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Ohhh, I looked him up and it appears you’re completely right.

I’ll offer prayers for him.

His life honestly sounds rather lonely because it appears he has zero social support.
yep.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,521,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Father, I wouldn't say he is that irrelevant. His post has 51.6K Views, which might make people believe Orthodoxy promotes racism.
I still would, you don’t need to scratch too deep to see how off he is.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟584,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
he never really had much, just an ill man who needs prayers and help.
This is why churches should offer free mental health services to church leadership and even churchgoers in my opinion. :) But yes, we should pray for this guy.

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,521,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
This is why churches should offer free mental health services to church leadership and even churchgoers in my opinion. :) But yes, we should pray for this guy.
we do, everyone has a confessor and spiritual father.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟307,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
yep, He is the One Who works through the confessor and spiritual father.
Father, it’s my understanding Orthodox monks are referred by the title Father, NOT Brother.

Are all monks referred this way? What if they aren’t ordained as priests?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,521,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Father, it’s my understanding Orthodox monks are referred by the title Father, NOT Brother.

Are all monks referred this way? What if they aren’t ordained as priests?
yes, all monks are called Father regardless of ordination. novices are called Brother.

• Informative
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟307,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
yes, all monks are called Father regardless of ordination. novices are called Brother.
Oh. So how would you know if a monk is ordained or not?

Is the abbess of a woman’s monastery always called “Mother” instead of “Sister?” Do the former abbesses still retain the title of Mother even if they are no longer in charge?

Upvote 0