• With the events that occured on July 13th, 2024, a reminder that posts wishing that the attempt was successful will not be tolerated. Regardless of political affiliation, at no point is any type of post wishing death on someone is allowed and will be actioned appropriately by CF Staff.

• Starting today August 7th, 2024, in order to post in the Married Couples, Courting Couples, or Singles forums, you will not be allowed to post if you have your Marital status designated as private. Announcements will be made in the respective forums as well but please note that if yours is currently listed as Private, you will need to submit a ticket in the Support Area to have yours changed.

Bashing liberals, Muslims and millennials: Has this pro-Trump priest gone too far?

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I wonder why they did not protested what the other has done to the Muslims.

A CIA analyst who interrogated Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein has some damning words about the invasion, saying the United States “got it wrong” — and was ‘critically mistaken’ on its military action in the country.

John Nixon, the Independent reports, specifically pointed to the CIA’s view of Hussein’s feelings about the use of chemical weapons on Iraqi civilians — a narrative frequently touted by the George W. Bush administration during the nascent invasion.

Nixon says CIA officials “were also mistaken about [Hussein’s] health, personal habits and his involvement in running Iraq.”

Writing on his book, Debriefing The President: The Interrogation Of Saddam Hussein, for the Daily Mail, Nixon offered acrid criticism regarding Bush’s leadership, saying the former president heard “only what he wanted to hear” — including that Iraq had somehow been responsible for the attacks of September 11, 2001.

Read more at CIA Analyst Who Interrogated Saddam Hussein Just Blew the Lid Off the US 'Official Story'

Obama hails death of Muammar Gaddafi as foreign policy success

Read it a few weeks ago. Good piece.

However, Nixon probably did not share with us what the Iraqi generals were telling us in late 2003. Uday and Qusay were more in charge of the power apparatus in Iraq than Saddam leading up to the invasion. A little background on the sadistic sons:

The Sum of Two Evils

Uday was the one who opened the door for foreign fighters as commander of the Fedayeen Saddam (FS). Prior to the months leading up to the invasion the FS was purely Iraqis loyal to Saddam from tribal alliances.

Some history on the Fedayeen:

IRAQ: What is the Fedayeen Saddam?

Documentation for Fedayeen Saddam

A Case Study of the Islamic State as the Saddam Regime’s Afterlife: The Fedayeen Saddam

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
I wonder why they did not protested what the other has done to the Muslims.

A CIA analyst who interrogated Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein has some damning words about the invasion, saying the United States “got it wrong” — and was ‘critically mistaken’ on its military action in the country.

John Nixon, the Independent reports, specifically pointed to the CIA’s view of Hussein’s feelings about the use of chemical weapons on Iraqi civilians — a narrative frequently touted by the George W. Bush administration during the nascent invasion.

Nixon says CIA officials “were also mistaken about [Hussein’s] health, personal habits and his involvement in running Iraq.”

Writing on his book, Debriefing The President: The Interrogation Of Saddam Hussein, for the Daily Mail, Nixon offered acrid criticism regarding Bush’s leadership, saying the former president heard “only what he wanted to hear” — including that Iraq had somehow been responsible for the attacks of September 11, 2001.

Read more at CIA Analyst Who Interrogated Saddam Hussein Just Blew the Lid Off the US 'Official Story'

Obama hails death of Muammar Gaddafi as foreign policy success
Your post is proof positive that "they" did protest this. Trump is the latest on that bandwagon saying that America is as much a murderer as Putin is.

The last eight years has been an apology tour for America, and the next eight is shaping up to be much the same in that regard. "They" are always complaining about how bad it is to be a Muslim in this world of ours.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Your post is proof positive that "they" did protest this. Trump is the latest on that bandwagon saying that America is as much a murderer as Putin is.
To be fair, Trump did not say that we are "as much as" or equal to either Russia or Putin. The media, of course, reported that he had "equated" the two.

He said that we aren't exempt from the charge of having engaged in murder (which, it seems to me, even a true-blue Patriot ought to be able to acknowledge in view of certain events in our history).

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟452,670.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
http://www.economist.com/news/leade...nald-trump-seeks-grand-bargain-vladimir-putin
When an interviewer on Fox News put it to Mr Trump this week that Mr Putin is “a killer”, he retorted: “There are a lot of killers. What, you think our country’s so innocent?”​

On the surface one would conclude that DJT is speaking as a realist in a global village. It is not remarkable that someone said it, what is truly remarkable is that the 45th President of the United States has said it. It does not seem that he has matched credentials, nor said that the USA is as bad as Russia, but acknowledged that the USA is not a complete clean-skin either.

None (we at least I imagine most) of us do not like it when our own country does something that we perceive is outside the moral imperative. As an Australian I know how horrified I was when I came to understand how complicit the Australian Government was in covering up the deaths of journalists in East Timor. I regard Trump's statement as refreshingly honest, and perhaps the mark of a non-politician.

And in earths darkest place, let there be light.​

Reactions: redleghunter
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟400,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian observes:
Trump's statement is reminiscent of the way American Marxists defended Lenin by saying "you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette."

Nice try...but "no." ;)

I see your denial, but Trump's attempts to excuse Putin's penchant for killing and imprisoning people who oppose him, are more convincing.

It's not just Putin, BTW:

Donald J. Trump praised Saddam Hussein at a campaign rally on Tuesday evening, saying that he had done a good job of killing terrorists.

Speaking to a packed auditorium here, Mr. Trump first called Mr. Hussein, the former dictator of Iraq, a “really bad guy,” before offering him brief plaudits.

“But you know what he did well?” Mr. Trump said. “He killed terrorists. He did that so good. They didn’t read them the rights. They didn’t talk. They were terrorists. It was over.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/06/us/politics/donald-trump-saddam-hussein.html?_r=0

That's Trump's idea of a well-run society. Get out of line with the boss, you die. No rights, no talk, no trials. He gets you and "it's over."

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I see your denial, but Trump's attempts to excuse Putin's penchant for killing and imprisoning people who oppose him, are more convincing.

That clarifies things a bit. To be sure, if Donald Trump had excused Putin's killing and imprisoning people who opposed him, I would have been alarmed, yes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Barbarian observes:
Trump's statement is reminiscent of the way American Marxists defended Lenin by saying "you have to break a few eggs to make an omelette."

It's not just Putin, BTW:

Donald J. Trump praised Saddam Hussein at a campaign rally on Tuesday evening, saying that he had done a good job of killing terrorists.

Speaking to a packed auditorium here, Mr. Trump first called Mr. Hussein, the former dictator of Iraq, a “really bad guy,” before offering him brief plaudits.

“But you know what he did well?” Mr. Trump said. “He killed terrorists. He did that so good. They didn’t read them the rights. They didn’t talk. They were terrorists. It was over.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/06/us/politics/donald-trump-saddam-hussein.html?_r=0

That's Trump's idea of a well-run society. Get out of line with the boss, you die. No rights, no talk, no trials. He gets you and "it's over."
What does any of this have to do with the OP on Fr Peter West?

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟400,665.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Trump is a lot like Obama before him. He thinks that his personality will win the bad guys of the world over to his side.

I notice, though that it wasn't Obama's personality that he used on Osama bin Laden or on many other terrorist leaders.
ISIS-Mid-Air-Car-Bomb.jpg

Upvote 0