Apart from King David, there is respect for governors, did God choose Nero to rule Rome around 65 AD?

Did God choose Nero to govern Rome?

• Yes God chose nero as an alternative to someone else He preferred.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes God chose Nero after Nero managed to obtain power.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Lukaris

Orthodox Christian
Site Supporter
Aug 3, 2007
Pennsylvania, USA
✟769,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Outside of Biblical accounts, I do not believe God micromanages this world. I believe there is a positive, divine origin to civilization which seems abstract in daily life. What St. Paul says in Romans 13:1-14, I think, is in the hope for having a good, law abiding, moral, etc. life and the hope of salvation in our afterlife. St. Paul obviously knew what the Lord said in John 16:33.

Lastly, I do believe we should always be thankful for whatever might truly be good in this world ( James 1:16-17).

Last edited:
Reactions: Betho
Upvote 0

AFrazier

Site Supporter
Apr 1, 2016
Mauldin, South Carolina
✟174,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
In the Bible there is this great respect for rulers, governors, high priests. Of course Saul and David did not respect Canaanite kings. But Daniel and Paul the apostle respected the government despite it being wicked and pagan. Was this sighted or traditional? Did God choose Nero to rule Rome in the first century?
I would have to say that God chose Nero. God often uses wicked kings (vessels of wrath) to fulfill his purposes. Pharoah was used for his glory. God hardened his heart to be against Israel so God could be glorified. Nebuchadnezzar was used to lay waste to Jerusalem when God deemed Israel worthy of punishment and desolation. God used Hitler and the atrocity of the Holocaust to bring the Jews back home to their land. And in the era of Christianity's birth, he used Nero. In the first place, the first fruits belong to God. In the second place, it was again the time of Israel's desolation. The Romans came to desolate the harlot.

Upvote 0