• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

By_the_Book

Life lived by the Bible is life worth living.
Jul 25, 2022
St. Augustine
Visit site
✟38,009.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Anxiety is produced when someone tries to push themselves to do something that does not come naturally to them, is not in their nature, and/or is not meant for them. Most anxiety is created by trying to be something that God did not create you to be or do something that God does not want you to do.

Anxiety should be a warning sign that something is wrong; when peace leaves, a person should step back and reevaluate the decision they have made.

I realize that is not what most people want to hear because they want to believe that they are not responsible in any way for their anxiety, that there is nothing they can do about it, and most of our society seems to enjoy living in the “poor me” victim mentality. I challenge you however to look at and approach each of your anxieties over the next month through the lenses and mindset of what I have shared here and see if it is not true that YOUR CHOICES have the ability to calm your anxiety.

Reactions: seeker1999-

Lost4words

Jesus I Trust In You
Site Supporter
May 19, 2018
Neath, Wales, UK
✟1,028,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I have suffered with anxiety for over 20 years. Been on meds that time too. Tried coming off of them. Big fail.

Anxiety is not at all nice. Its not easy to live with. It is very much real.

God lay your healing hands on all those that live and suffer with anxiety.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you.. never heard this one before not sure if its a quote or what. Its a tad more then what you said no offense. The answer for me is Christ. To think dwell on Him to put your faith and trust in Him to know He didn't give us the spirit of fear but of "power" love and a "sound mind". Then the promise in these cases is to know the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, "will guard/keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Then to also know Christ gave us His peace not as the world gives He gives unto us. So we should not let our hearts be troubled. To know as the song just said "I LOVE YOU" He loves us. So for me with out Him doing it...it will never go. Yeah we can run to Him lean on Him.

In my life God called me a worry wort. His meaning was "a person that worries about nothing". Since He can't lie.. always helps

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A lot of people are suffering from anxiety and mental health in general in many countries due to crumbling societies, suffering economy, housing shortages poor people getting poorer while the elite become more greedy. There is no future for many and uncertainty which is causing a lot of anxiety. Its not easy times and its clear that times wont be getting any better any time soon. We have to make the most of things and try not to worry about whats going to happen. I am grateful that I still have a roof over my head with a steady income. That could change at any time.

Upvote 0

anything1234

Sep 11, 2022
London, Greater London
✟21,006.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its all about setting yourself free. I know anxiety is a hard one to deal with and far from easy. I've been working on strategies to deal with anxiety. I always remind myself that I'm free. I don't have to worry... well depending on what it is. For small things I can make it work, as well as doing a form of meditation while reminding yourself that you are free.

Reactions: Nettle
Upvote 0