Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No insult was intended I just didn’t think you could speak for all women. I would never say what I posted to a woman, it was a comment intended for Belk and would have been better left unsaid.
I see from your other post you have quite a bit of experience in woods, with bears, and with creepy men.
I’m sorry that was your experience, all men are not like that. You have a husband so you must have found at least one good man.
You know, an “I’m sorry” would have been a better route… But ok.

Do I speak for all women? Well, there are some things that are pretty universal… Women who date or are in relationships being compared to prostitutes is a pretty much universally disliked by all women thing. You must know that since you yourself said you’d not say such a thing to your wife.

And I also get you were speaking to somebody else, but it’s a public forum and you said it publicly in a group discussion. If somebody says something cringy, directed at me or not, I’m going to say something.

As for the ol “it’s not all men” thing, I didn’t say it was all men. But it’s enough of them that act weird on the rail trail or make problematic comments that they claim “are just jokes” that it makes women wary. And it really doesn’t take all men, just one.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

Jesus Christ is the Eternal God
May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟11,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
I don’t accept your definition. You are entitled to your opinion of course.
You truly don't believe there is any difference between a miscarriage, delivering a child early to save the life of the mother and murdering the unborn child because their existence is inconvenient?

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟11,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Per the definition of contraception, no. It is a form of birth control though.
If birth control and contraception are synonyms - how could you argue that I agree that abortion is a method of birth control considering what you just stated here?

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟921,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If birth control and contraception are synonyms - how could you argue that I agree that abortion is a method of birth control considering what you just stated here?
I’m not claiming they are synonymous. This is your misunderstanding.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟921,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You truly don't believe there is any difference between a miscarriage, delivering a child early to save the life of the mother and murdering the unborn child because their existence is inconvenient?
You were claiming that that the slogan “legal, safe, rare” is “selling” abortion. I said I disagree. Your comment above has nothing to do with that.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟11,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
I’m not claiming they are synonymous. This is your misunderstanding.
That was both my claim and the truth.

And you claimed that my stating that they were synonymous meant that I somehow agreed that abortion was a method of birth control.

Can you explain the logic behind your claim?

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟11,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
You were claiming that that the slogan “legal, safe, rare” is “selling” abortion. I said I disagree. Your comment above has nothing to do with that.
Yes - helping normalize abortion - working both sides of the fence - marketing.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟921,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I would argue that all that proves is that the efforts of radical feminists are effective.

The lies they perpetuate are spread by very powerful institutions who make money by manipulating women.
The very real experiences of women are not the result of “radical feminists”. Women fearful of strange men comes directly from the actions of men against women.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟921,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That was both my claim and the truth.

And you claimed that my stating that they were synonymous meant that I somehow agreed that abortion was a method of birth control.

Can you explain the logic behind your claim?
Contraception = birth control.
Abortion = birth control
Abortion does not equal contraception.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟11,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
The very real experiences of women are not the result of “radical feminists”. Women fearful of strange men comes directly from the actions of men against women.
Are you claiming that only women who had such experiences with men responded to that poll?

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟11,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟921,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you claiming that only women who had such experiences with men responded to that poll?
All the women responding that they would choose the bear did so because they had some interaction with a man or multiple men over their lifetime that made them uncomfortable to fearful. This is the experience of most women in general. Bears are predictable men are not. A woman can’t trust that a stranger doesn’t have ill will.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You know, an “I’m sorry” would have been a better route… But ok.

Do I speak for all women? Well, there are some things that are pretty universal… Women who date or are in relationships being compared to prostitutes is a pretty much universally disliked by all women thing. You must know that since you yourself said you’d not say such a thing to your wife.

And I also get you were speaking to somebody else, but it’s a public forum and you said it publicly in a group discussion. If somebody says something cringy, directed at me or not, I’m going to say something.

As for the ol “it’s not all men” thing, I didn’t say it was all men. But it’s enough of them that act weird on the rail trail or make problematic comments that they claim “are just jokes” that it makes women wary. And it really doesn’t take all men, just one.
I apologize to all women everywhere.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟921,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That doesn't make any sense.
If you can’t comprehend that abortion occurs after conception and therefore cannot be a form of contraception , I don’t know how else to explain it.

Abortion is birth control because the pregnancy is terminated prior to birth, therefore no birth.
Contraception is birth control because conception is prevented, therefore no birth.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟11,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
If you can’t comprehend that abortion occurs after conception and therefore cannot be a form of contraception , I don’t know how else to explain it.

Abortion is birth control because the pregnancy is terminated prior to birth, therefore no birth.
Contraception is birth control because conception is prevented, therefore no birth.
You must have responded before I edited my comment.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟11,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
All the women responding that they would choose the bear did so because they had some interaction with a man or multiple men over their lifetime that made them uncomfortable to fearful. This is the experience of most women in general. Bears are predictable men are not. A woman can’t trust that a stranger doesn’t have ill will.
I see no reason to believe that.

The vast majority of the women that responded did so because they have bought into a baseless feminist narrative.

And you're damn right the bear will be predictable. It will try to eat you.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟921,036.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see no reason to believe that.

The vast majority of the women that responded did so because they have bought into a baseless feminist narrative.

And you're damn right the bear will be predictable. It will try to eat you.
You must be a man. Very little to worry about for safety in general.

Bears are predictable, very few encounters result in attack. Bears want to be left alone.

Upvote 0

Zaha Torte

May 6, 2024
Not Hispanic or Latino
✟11,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Latter-Day Saint
Marital Status
Married
You must be a man. Very little to worry about for safety in general.

Bears are predictable, very few encounters result in attack. Bears want to be left alone.
Men are way more likely to be victims of violence.

Most encounters with bears tend not to result in attacks because they happen on the verge of civilization where there are more people.

They are already wary because they are outside of their territory.

The more appropriate question for the poll would be, "If you were stuck in the middle of the forest with both a strange man and a bear - which would you choose to protect you?"

And look at you assuming my "gender".

Upvote 0