Not open for further replies.

HisLamb

Feb 6, 2002
N.E. Texas
Visit site
✟1,054.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi, Sandy. We remember each other from that other board that I won't mention. But I will try to refresh your memory a bit by stating there was a Catholic thread you visited...we're going back quite awhile here, so I hope you remember what I'm going to ask. IF it was you who posted this... I'm not really sure. But maybe you could help anyway if you remember...

Ok. I'm rambling. I remember someone (hope it was you) posted the title of a book about the history of the Catholic people in America. I've looked and checked out books on the web, but not knowing the title, you can imagine how many are coming up. They don't give enough info to know if the book I'm looking at is the one I want. Duh... :rolleyes:

The one I'm referring to had to do with the people and how they were persecuted in the early years of America. Do you know what I'm talking about? If you do and know the title of this book, I will be forever grateful to you if you could tell me. :help:

ZooMom

Thanks for the memories...
Feb 5, 2002
America
✟45,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Hi, Peggy! I'm so sorry I haven't replied sooner. I just didn't see this until now. Soooooo Sorry!! :( :sorry:

I really don't know what book you are talking about. I can't remember reading a book like that, so I doubt I was the one who recommended it. Wols is our resident librarian and historian, so there's a good chance that he can help here. Let me go ring the bell outside the pub and get him over here. :)

Hang tight.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟282,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
....Then said ZooMom unto HisLamb, Whom shall I bring up unto thee? And she said, Bring up Wolseley.

And when ZooMom saw Wolseley, she cried with a loud voice; yet HisLamb said unto her, Be not afraid: for what sawest thou? And ZooMom said unto HisLamb, I saw gods ascending out of the pub.

And HisLamb said unto her, What form is he of? And she said, A man with hair upon his face cometh up, and he verily is exceeding ugly. And HisLamb perceived that it was Wolseley, and she stooped with her face to the ground, and bowed herself.

And Wolseley said unto HisLamb, Why hast thou disquieted me, to bring me up? And HisLamb answered, I am sore distressed, for I seek the book which aforetime I had mention of, yet no one knoweth of what form it is indeed: and therefore I have called thee, that thou mayest make known unto me that which I seek.

Then said Wolseley, Of a truth, I have no knowledge of that which you search for. Yet, shouldst thou have my best guess, I would verily point unto thee two titles:

American Catholic by Charles Morris
or
The American Catholic Experience by Jay Dolan.

And then he departed from them. And ZooMom had a fatted calf in the house; and she hasted, and killed it, and took flour, and kneaded it, and did bake unleavened bread thereof:

And she brought it before HisLamb, and before her servants; and they did eat. Then they rose up, and went away that night.

Upvote 0

HisLamb

Feb 6, 2002
N.E. Texas
Visit site
✟1,054.00
Faith
Catholic
Ah, Wolseley, thou hast made smiles to light upon my face and laughter to pour forth from my mouth. I thank thee for venturing forth from thy pub to suggest the two book titles to this lowly lamb. My gratitude to thee knows no bounds. ;)

Sandy, Thanks for bringing forth the great Wolseley to answer this lowly lamb's question. :D And no problem about not noticing my post till now. I had forgotten it. :o

I shall check into those two titles. I'd love to read more about "our" history in this country. :)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.