Taranaki
✟81,981.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This Saturday just been, I went with a couple of other Christians to share the Gospel at a festival called, "Baldrics Big Day Out." At this festival, many come dressed in medieval clothing and many do medieval reenacting of battles. Within this festival, there are all manner of people from all walks of life.

The day before the festival the weather was very bad, and it was set to continue through the weekend. But we went along anyway with the hope that we would get to tell some people the Gospel. When we arrived, all the food stalls had come in their sheltered caravans, but we were the only trade stall that arrived (Trade Stalls have gazebos). All the remaining 24 stayed home. (I don't blame them. The weather was really bad.) The place where they had us situated was very exposed to the wind and rain so we asked if we could be moved next to a building where we could tie our gazebo down to the pillars of the building. They said yes and so we were able to move to a place that was reasonably sheltered. We put up the gazebo and we were rearing to go. The rain kept coming in so much that the ground was covered in about an inch of water. But we continued and it was well worth it. We spoke to about 15-20 people (This is good considering we thought that nobody would come).

I spoke to a lady who was about 25 years old. After I had told her the Gospel, she said that she had been through university, and she had studied evolution and so she did not believe in the Bible. She said she knew that evolution was proven and so the Bible had to be wrong. I pointed out to her that no one has ever been able to observe or test evolution as they would have to be millions of years old. Even her tutors could not prove it. She then thought about it and admitted that it was scientifically proven. It was a blind faith. I was really surprised as most people who believe in evolution will put up a big argument. But she seemed to understand. I then told her that I could prove that there must be a God. So, I used the "Builder built the building, the painter painted the painting and the creator created creation" argument. She then looked around at the trees and then turned back to me and said, "You are right, someone had to have made everything." I was amazed. I then spoke to her some more and encouraged her to start honouring God. I had a couple of other good conversations with other people as well as one with lady who said she was a witch.

One of the other people that I was with, Cruise, also had a very good conversation with a Muslim man. They spoke for about 20 minutes, and I wished that I had videoed the conversation. It was great. Cruise was able to speak from a place of authority as he had read the Koran and studied Islam as well as Christianity. Cruise gave the man a lot to think about. So, all we can do is pray for him that God shows him the lie of Islam.

Here are a couple of good quotes for evangelising in the rain.
"There is no such thing as bad weather, just soft people" Bill Bowerman
"Preach the Gospel at all times and if necessary, use an umbrella" 1Tonne (This made me laugh)

Here are some pics. The first one is the pic where I was talking to the lady who was about 25 years old.
The second pic shows how empty the place is. Normally there would be a heap of stalls and many people. You can also see in the background the rain coming down. In the bottom right of the picture, you can also see how the water was pooling all around us.

Baldrics 2024as.jpg

Baldrics 2024bs.jpg

Last edited:

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟337,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's fabulous, Nathan!!! The Lord brought people to you despite the weather! And, even if nobody showed up you were boing obedient to the Lord. Great encouragement for when I plan to go out to evangelism and then it's going to rain or snow and I want to cancel... Nope, just keep going! As you say... "Preach the Gospel at all times and if necessary, use an umbrella" Hahahaha!

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,981.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's fabulous, Nathan!!! The Lord brought people to you despite the weather! And, even if nobody showed up you were boing obedient to the Lord. Great encouragement for when I plan to go out to evangelism and then it's going to rain or snow and I want to cancel... Nope, just keep going! As you say... "Preach the Gospel at all times and if necessary, use an umbrella" Hahahaha!
I went out yesterday for a short time and only spoke to 3 people (it was showering but I was under shelter). The first was a young man and he said that he needed to start putting God first. I was really pleased. The second person listened to the Gospel but it went over her head. Then the last was a lady who said that she went to a catholic school. While telling her the Gospel, her demeanour was that she wanted to get away. Then, at the end, I asked her if she believed that there was a God. She said "No." I then used the builder built the building, the painter painted the painting and the creator created creation argument. She then admitted that there must be a God. I then said to her that oneday she will have to give an account to God but that right now, God was giving her grace. She has already earnt the death penalty but God was giving her time to get right with Him. But that time will come to an end, and one day, she will have to face God at judgment. So, she needed to make a decision. As she left, I asked her to think about what we had spoken about.

So, the main apologetic I seem to use is the builder built the building, the painter painted the painting and the creator created creation argument. If you are going to speak to unbelievers, this is a very good arrow to have in your quiver. So, arm yourself by memorizing it.
This is what I say:

You: I can prove to you within 40 seconds that there is a God. - How?
You: See that building over there, how do you know that there was a builder? - Because the building is there. You can see it. Someone built it.
You: Yes. And if I were to say that the building fell together by itself, you would call me an idiot. It is impossible for it to fall together by itself.
You: Now, imagine I had a painting in my hands, and it is over 400 years old. You and I have never seen the painter, how do you know that there was a painter? - Because you can see the painting. It exists.
You: Yes. And even if the painter died hundreds of years ago, and you never saw him, you still know that there was a painter.
Now, by using the same logic, if you look at creation, so all the stars and the moon and the sun, the clouds, seasons, flowers, trees, birds, cats, dogs, cows and all the living creatures, you must say that there is a creator.
Just as the builder built the building, and the painter painted the painting, the creator must have made creation.
And just as you saw the order and design in the building and the painting, you see order and design in creation. Order and design are signs of intelligence. It's absolutely scientifically impossible for creation to create itself.
So, the builder built the building, and the painter painted the painting, the creator created creation.

Go to 6:35 for the proof that God exits. (Living Waters does have better examples of this but I found this one in a quick search)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,981.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In my previous post, I said that I went out and shared the Gospel with 3 people on the street.
I had actually been invited by someone to join a group that was going to evangelise on the street and I had been asked to bring some million-dollar tracts for others to hand out. So, I was really excited. These were people whom I had never been out with, who were willing to share what Jesus had done on the cross. Awesome.
Anyway, when I arrived, I was really encouraged as a pastor from another church was there. They then sang songs and handed out Gospel tracts but they did not speak to people. This was fine with me as not everybody has been equipped by their church to speak to the lost. At least they were handing out tracts.

Sadly, I received a phone call from the person who invited me, and he told me that the pastor who was there was not happy with me, and he did not like the tracts that I brought for others to give away. The pastor said that the tracts were not loving as they had the word "hell" in them. This disappointed me as I thought that this pastor had a better understanding of the Gospel and how we should not dull it down.
Sadly, the reason why many Christians do not speak the Gospel, is becuase their own pastors do not equip them. How can a pastor equip the congregation when he himself dulls it down to a simple message that God loves you and will make you feel better.

This is what the tracts say,
"Here is the million-dollar question: Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here’s a quick test: Have you ever lied, stolen, or used God’s name in vain? Jesus said, “Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” If you’ve done these things you will stand before God as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart, and no amount of good works can make up for past crimes. The Bible warns that your punishment will be in a terrible place called Hell. However, God is not willing that any should perish, which is why He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross. Sinners broke God’s Law, but Jesus paid their fine. That means He can legally forgive your sins: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” Then He rose from the dead, defeating death. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Today, repent and trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation, and God will give you eternal life as a free gift. Read the Bible daily to learn about God."

Pray that this pastor will see that we should speak the whole truth in all its fullness.

Upvote 0

David Hunter

Be passionate about pursuing your purpose in life.
Site Supporter
Sep 14, 2015
Cleveland, Ohio
Visit site
✟337,275.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Don't be discouraged, Nathan!! Unfortunately, many churches and pastors are going down the broad road that leads to destruction. We can pray for them and we can lead by example and prayerfully they'll be convicted and get out behind the pulpit and spread the Gospel!

Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟964,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Don't be discouraged, Nathan!! Unfortunately, many churches and pastors are going down the broad road that leads to destruction...

Or, perhaps they merely have a different opinion about the most effective way to draw people to Christ. There are a lot of different routes to arrive at the same place.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,981.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Or, perhaps they merely have a different opinion about the most effective way to draw people to Christ. There are a lot of different routes to arrive at the same place.
But there is only one Gospel.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
In my previous post, I said that I went out and shared the Gospel with 3 people on the street.
I had actually been invited by someone to join a group that was going to evangelise on the street and I had been asked to bring some million-dollar tracts for others to hand out. So, I was really excited. These were people whom I had never been out with, who were willing to share what Jesus had done on the cross. Awesome.
Anyway, when I arrived, I was really encouraged as a pastor from another church was there. They then sang songs and handed out Gospel tracts but they did not speak to people. This was fine with me as not everybody has been equipped by their church to speak to the lost. At least they were handing out tracts.

Sadly, I received a phone call from the person who invited me, and he told me that the pastor who was there was not happy with me, and he did not like the tracts that I brought for others to give away. The pastor said that the tracts were not loving as they had the word "hell" in them. This disappointed me as I thought that this pastor had a better understanding of the Gospel and how we should not dull it down.
Sadly, the reason why many Christians do not speak the Gospel, is becuase their own pastors do not equip them. How can a pastor equip the congregation when he himself dulls it down to a simple message that God loves you and will make you feel better.

This is what the tracts say,
"Here is the million-dollar question: Will you go to Heaven when you die? Here’s a quick test: Have you ever lied, stolen, or used God’s name in vain? Jesus said, “Whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.” If you’ve done these things you will stand before God as a lying, thieving, blasphemous, adulterer at heart, and no amount of good works can make up for past crimes. The Bible warns that your punishment will be in a terrible place called Hell. However, God is not willing that any should perish, which is why He sent His Son to suffer and die on the cross. Sinners broke God’s Law, but Jesus paid their fine. That means He can legally forgive your sins: “For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.” Then He rose from the dead, defeating death. Tomorrow is not guaranteed. Today, repent and trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation, and God will give you eternal life as a free gift. Read the Bible daily to learn about God."

Pray that this pastor will see that we should speak the whole truth in all its fullness.
-
Take out the word repent in your track and change the word trust, to believe and i would also change the word salvation to Eternal Life (salvation) could be in parenthesis after Eternal Life.

I would also add * noting what it means to believe in Jesus. Which is believing that Jesus is who He says He is, the resurrection and the life The promised Messiah/Son of God. Believing in this name is what gives people Eternal Life.

And truly Jesus did many other signs in the presence of His disciples, which are not written in this book; but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟964,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
But there is only one Gospel.

True, of course. But there can be varied opinions of how best to present it and what portions of that Gospel to showcase to warm one's heart. I stand in rejection of suggesting churches and pastors who prefer other methods as "going down the broad road that leads to destruction." I think that is minimally not charitable to fellow Christians and, at worst, arrogant for one to belief his method of sharing the Gospel is the only method.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,981.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Take out the word repent in your track and change the word trust, to believe and i would also change the word salvation to Eternal Life (salvation) could be in parenthesis after Eternal Life.
Why take out the word repent? Unbelievers are told to repent.

Also, why change the word "trust" to "believe"? There are many who believe but are not saved. Even the demons believe.
Believing is more than simple belief. It is trusting in Him like you would trust a parachute. There are many who may look at a parachute and know that it is real, so they believe. But simply believing in the parachute will not save you. You need to put it on.

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,981.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
True, of course. But there can be varied opinions of how best to present it and what portions of that Gospel to showcase to warm one's heart. I stand in rejection of suggesting churches and pastors who prefer other methods as "going down the broad road that leads to destruction." I think that is minimally not charitable to fellow Christians and, at worst, arrogant for one to belief his method of sharing the Gospel is the only method.
The method in the Gospel tract is the same method that Jesus used in Mark 10:17. When the rich young ruler asked Him how to get eternal life, Jesus used the law first to show the rich young ruler his sin. So, if Jesus did it, then why would we not do it? In Psalms 19:7, it says, "The Law of the Lord is perfect at converting the soul." And if it is perfect, why would we not use it?
Sadly, many believers have come up with their own ways of telling the Gospel. Often, they will leave out the law and simply say that God loves you and if you simply believe then you will be saved. Then other believers think that they are sharing the Gospel by simply being kind.
I have asked many believers about the Gospel, and I have heard many answers. But there is only one Gospel.

In 1 Cor 15:3-4 Paul explains the Gospel. He says, "For I handed down to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,"

So, how would do share it?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Why take out the word repent? Unbelievers are told to repent.

Also, why change the word "trust" to "believe"? There are many who believe but are not saved. Even the demons believe.
Believing is more than simple belief. It is trusting in Him like you would trust a parachute. There are many who may look at a parachute and know that it is real, so they believe. But simply believing in the parachute will not save you. You need to put it on.
-

You want to show me in The Gospel of John * where Jesus tells people to repent and trust in Him to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life. I mean The Gospel of John, was only written specifically, to tell people how to have life (Eternal Life).

* Or actually anywhere in The Bible where it is stated to receive Eternal Life a person must repent and trust in Jesus

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seeking.IAM

Episcopalian
Site Supporter
Feb 29, 2004
Indiana
✟964,366.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The method in the Gospel tract is the same method that Jesus used in Mark 10:17... So, how would do share it?

Perhaps you misunderstand me? I am not being critical of how you share it. I am being critical of the other comment (post #6) that someone who wants to share it in a different manner is "going down the broad road that leads to destruction." All I am saying is that there is more than one way of delivering a message, and someone that prefers a different method should be given a little grace and not be dismissed as "going down the broad road that leads to destruction." Can we not have a little charity toward fellow believers?

Reactions: 1Tonne
Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,981.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you misunderstand me? I am not being critical of how you share it. I am being critical of the other comment (post #6) that someone who wants to share it in a different manner is "going down the broad road that leads to destruction." All I am saying is that there is more than one way of delivering a message, and someone that prefers a different method should be given a little grace and not be dismissed as "going down the broad road that leads to destruction." Can we not have a little charity toward fellow believers?
I agree. The delivery of the message can be different. But it should be the Gospel in its fullness.

I think what post 6 was getting at is that many believers and pastors dull down or distort the Gospel to make it more palatable. So, some believers do not even know the true Gospel. This simply fills the church with people who want to come to a large friendship group. If it is simply a large friendship group without knowing the true Gospel, then these churches are heading for destruction.
A little while back I asked a pastor what the Gospel was and he said it was Jesus. I then repeated the question and he simply said that it was Jesus. He would not say what the good news was. I explained to him that Jesus is the subject matter, but the Good News is what He did. He died in our place for our sins. I then took him to 1 Corinthians 15:3-4.
"For I handed down to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,".
I have also asked many believers what the Good News is, and many simply say it is the Bible. Sadly, this is not the Gospel. The Bible contains the Good News but for most people, the bible is actually really bad news.
(NOTE: I read an article a few months back where it pointed out that the bible was not called "The Good News" until about 1830-40. Before then, people simply called the Bible the Bible.)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,981.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You want to show me in The Gospel of John * where Jesus tells people to repent and trust in Him to receive God's free gift of Eternal Life. I mean The Gospel of John, was only written specifically, to tell people how to have life (Eternal Life).​

* Or actually anywhere in The Bible where it is stated to receive Eternal Life a person must repent and trust in Jesus
Read Matt 9:13 “For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.””
This says that Jesus wanted sinners to have a change of mind. So, once they sinned, and then they changed to living in a Holy manner.

Those who believe but continue in sin are in big trouble.
1 Cor 6:9-10 says “Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God.”

Luke 6:46 says, “Now why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?” It then continues to verse 49. It says to act on Jesus' words. It shows what it is like for someone to act and for those that don’t. Those who act will have a solid foundation. While those who do not act will be washed away with their weak foundation.

Romans 8:12-14 also says, "So then, brothers and sisters, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh, for if you are living in accord with the flesh, you are going to die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons and daughters of God." So, repent. Do not live according to the flesh. Simply believing will not save you. Even the demons believe.

Also read Romans 2:5. It says "But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honour, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; but glory, honour, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."

Notice how those who are saved seek to do good.

Stopping sin is a result of real belief, remorse and contrition. God desires a broken and contrite heart.

If I were to hit you and then say sorry, you would accept my apology. Then if I was to hit you the following day and then say sorry, you would begin to wonder if I was truly sorry. Then the day after this, I did the same thing, you would realise that I was not truly sorry. My words may say one thing, but my actions show another. What you act out is what you truly believe. If you are truly broken and contrite, then there will be a change in you. That is why the bible says that we are given a new heart and new mind. One that obeys Him. "I will give you a new heart and a new mind. I will take away your stubborn heart of stone and give you an obedient heart." Eze 36:26

Belief by itself will not save you. Even the demons believe.

"You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone." James 2:24

Those who truly believe will act differently because of that belief. They will put their lives into the hands of Jesus and therefore put their trust in Him. They trust that what He did on the cross will cover their sin.
Then, if we truly believe, we will want to honour God with our lives and we will leave our sin.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Read Matt 9:13 “For I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners, to repentance.””
This says that Jesus wanted sinners to have a change of mind. So, once they sinned, and then they changed to living in a Holy manner.

Those who believe but continue in sin are in big trouble.
1 Cor 6:9-10 says “Don’t you realize that those who do wrong will not inherit the Kingdom of God? Don’t fool yourselves. Those who indulge in sexual sin, or who worship idols, or commit adultery, or are male prostitutes, or practice homosexuality, or are thieves, or greedy people, or drunkards, or are abusive, or cheat people—none of these will inherit the Kingdom of God.”

Luke 6:46 says, “Now why do you call Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say?” It then continues to verse 49. It says to act on Jesus' words. It shows what it is like for someone to act and for those that don’t. Those who act will have a solid foundation. While those who do not act will be washed away with their weak foundation.

Romans 8:12-14 also says, "So then, brothers and sisters, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh, for if you are living in accord with the flesh, you are going to die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live. For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons and daughters of God." So, repent. Do not live according to the flesh. Simply believing will not save you. Even the demons believe.

Also read Romans 2:5. It says "But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honour, and immortality; but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; but glory, honour, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."

Notice how those who are saved seek to do good.

Stopping sin is a result of real belief, remorse and contrition. God desires a broken and contrite heart.

If I were to hit you and then say sorry, you would accept my apology. Then if I was to hit you the following day and then say sorry, you would begin to wonder if I was truly sorry. Then the day after this, I did the same thing, you would realise that I was not truly sorry. My words may say one thing, but my actions show another. What you act out is what you truly believe. If you are truly broken and contrite, then there will be a change in you. That is why the bible says that we are given a new heart and new mind. One that obeys Him. "I will give you a new heart and a new mind. I will take away your stubborn heart of stone and give you an obedient heart." Eze 36:26

Belief by itself will not save you. Even the demons believe.

"You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone." James 2:24

Those who truly believe will act differently because of that belief. They will put their lives into the hands of Jesus and therefore put their trust in Him. They trust that what He did on the cross will cover their sin.
Then, if we truly believe, we will want to honour God with our lives and we will leave our sin.
-​

I mean i made two observed points about repent and trust. Simply asking for a verse stating what your track is saying. But i did not read where you posted any verse saying this. But instead posted verses addressing other Biblical subjects, but not about receiving God's free gift of Eternal Life.

You remind me (and of so many other people in christianity) of this verse in John about searching The Bible to find verses to support your belief. But i hope you are not doing like the second part of these verse are stating.

You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

I mean i made two observed points about repent and trust. Simply asking for a verse stating

Upvote 0

1Tonne

Dec 2, 2021
Taranaki
✟81,981.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
-​
I mean i made two observed points about repent and trust. Simply asking for a verse stating
I gave you many examples of how people should leave their sins.

So, can you tell me how you believe people are saved?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I gave you many examples of how people should leave their sins.

So, can you tell me how you believe people are saved?
-
You showed verses about leaving sin, but none of those verses said leaving sin is how a person receives God's free gift of Eternal Life.
Example The verse you posted from 1 Corinthians is speaking about inheritance in the Kingdom inherit the kingdom of God?
Nothing about not entering The Kingdom in 1 Corinthians 6

A person receives God's free gift of Eternal Life and becomes a permanent born again child of God at the very moment they believe in Jesus for Eternal Life. That is, when they believe Jesus is the resurrection and the life, The promised Messiah/ Son of God.

*Messiah and Son of God are saying the same name about Jesus, these are not two different names people need to believe in. So if a person believes Jesus is The Messiah, it is the same as believing Jesus is The Son of God.

The Messiah or Son of God is the name that has been given by God for people to believe in about Jesus to receive Eternal Life. Lord is not the name God requires people to believe in.

John 1:12 But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:

John 2:23,24,25 Now when He was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in His name when they saw the signs which He did. But Jesus did not commit Himself to them, because He knew all men, and had no need that anyone should testify of man, for He knew what was in man.

John 3:14-18 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have eternal life.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
“He who believes in Him is not condemned; but he who does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 He who believes in the Son has everlasting life; and he who does not believe the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

John 5:24 “Most assuredly, I say to you, he who hears My word and believes in Him who sent Me has everlasting life, and shall not come into judgment, but has passed from death into life.

John 6:26-29 Jesus answered them and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.”
Then they said to Him, “What shall we do, that we may work the works of God?”
Jesus answered and said to them, “This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent.”

John 6:35-40 And Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. This is the will of the Father who sent Me, that of all He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up at the last day. And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”

John 6:47 Most assuredly, I say to you, he who believe in Me has everlasting life.

John 11:25,26,27 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
She said to Him, “Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world.”

John 20:31 but these are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟252,311.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-

J. Wilbur Chapman tells the following true story of how D.L. Moody used John 5:24 to help him gain assurance of salvation:

...I was studying for the ministry, and I heard that D.L. Moody was to preach in Chicago. I went to hear him. Finally I got into his after meeting. I shall never forget the thrill that went through me when he came and sat down beside me as an inquirer. He asked me if I was a Christian. I said, “Mr. Moody, I am not sure whether I am a Christian or not.

...’He very kindly took his Bible and opened it to the fifth chapter of John, and the twenty-fourth verse, which reads as follows: “Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that heareth my word, and beleiveth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death unto life.
”Suppose you had read it through for the first time, wouldn’t you think it was wonderful? I read it through, and he said, “Do you believe it?”I said, “Yes.” “Do you accept it?” I said, “Yes.” “Well, are you a Christian?”

...“Mr. Moody, I sometimes think I am, and sometimes I am afraid I am not.” He very kindly said, “Read it again.” So I read it again, “Verily, verily, I say unto you, he that heareth my word, and beleiveth on Him that sent Me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation, but is passed from death unto life.”
Then he said, “Do you believe it?” I said, “Yes.” “Do you receive Him?” I said, “Yes.” “Well,” he said, “are you a Christian?”

...I just started to say over again that sometimes I was afraid I was not, when the only time in all the years I knew him and loved him, he was sharp with me. He turned on me with his eyes flashing and said, “See here, whom are you doubting?”
...Then I saw it for the first time, that when I was afraid I was not a Christian I was doubting God’s Word. I read it again with my eyes overflowing with tears.
Since that day I have had many sorrows and many joys, but never have I doubted for a moment that I was a Christian, because God said it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pioneer3mm
Upvote 0