New York
✟98,686.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I Experienced this just a few months ago.
He does replace the heart with one that's "clean"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I believe the Church began at Pentecost
The one olive tree of God's people, the "called-out assembly" in the wilderness (ekklesia, Ac 7:38), began at Abraham, and the ekklesia (church) continues in the NT, where unbelieving Israel has been cut off and believing Gentiles grafted in (Ro 11:17).

Israel's destiny is to be grafted back into the one olive tree of God's people, the Church, IF (not "when") they do not persist in unbelief (Ro 11:23).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And works- Just like Abraham
In my Bible, Abraham was saved/justified by faith, with the specific exclusion of faith's works as being the effecting agent of his justification (Ge 15:6, Ro 4:2-3, Eph 2:8-9)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How was it fulfilled and what was this promise?
Well, there is the promise of seed (to Christ, Gal 3:16) in Ge 15:5, fulfilled in the body of Christ, in which all are born again of Christ's Holy Spirit (2Co 3:16-18).

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Mark Quayle
Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's what I've been talking about, the ability to freely choose to stop following your own will and follow God's will instead. We are human, we fail but we can still continue to make that choice.
The man without the Spirit freely does not choose the things of God because they are foolishness to him and he cannot understand them (1Co 2:14).

• Winner
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
The one olive tree of God's people, the "called-out assembly" in the wilderness (ekklesia, Ac 7:38), began at Abraham, and the ekklesia (church) continues in the NT, where unbelieving Israel has been cut off and believing Gentiles grafted in (Ro 11:17).

Israel's destiny is to be grafted back into the one olive tree of God's people, the Church, IF (not "when") they do not persist in unbelief (Ro 11:23).
Israel is not the church.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟800,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
There's a lot of things we talk about that aren't in the bible in so many words, for example, the word 'Bible' it just means book, We should refer to it as the scriptures, or writings.

Anyway take this into consideration this is what the Messiah says:

John 7:17​

Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

So if someone can choose, or make a choice to do God's will that means they also have a will. The free will is the ability to 'choose'. It goes all the way back to the garden. Reiterated in Deut. 30:19
I don't think anyone (well, not very many) claim we don't have a will or even that we don't have choice. The question is whether choice is caused or purely free of influence. Notice you jump from "will" to "free will", and when you say "free will is the ability to 'choose'" you don't mention whether the choosing is caused or not.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Israel is not the church.
Of course unbelieving Israel is not the people of God, the church.
No unbeliever is in the people of God.

However, the one tree of God's people, "the ekklesia (assembly, church) in the wilderness" (Ac 7:38), goes all the way back to Abraham, and it is Israel's destiny to be grafted back into the one tree of Gods people, the church, IF (not "when") they do not persist in unbelief (Ro 11:23).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Of course unbelieving Israel is not the people of God, the church.
No unbeliever is in the people of God.

However, the one tree of God's people, "the ekklesia (assembly, church) in the wilderness" (Ac 7:38), goes all the way back to Abraham, and it is Israel's destiny to be grafted back into the one tree of Gods people, the church, IF (not "when") they do not persist in unbelief (Ro 11:23).
You reformed people can have your beliefs, i want nothing to do with them.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,761.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do you think that's a Biblically well-reasoned argument showing the Biblical error of "reformed people"?
You have simply demonstrated that they are not in Biblical error and, therefore, it is the teaching of Scripture that you actually want nothing to do with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟800,963.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I don't really expect that you disagree with Romans 9:6 ! A loose translation, somewhat expository, the NLT, says, "Well then, has God failed to fulfill his promise to Israel? No, for not all who are born into the nation of Israel are truly members of God’s people!"

Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
I don't really expect that you disagree with Romans 9:6 ! A loose translation, somewhat expository, the NLT, says, "Well then, has God failed to fulfill his promise to Israel? No, for not all who are born into the nation of Israel are truly members of God’s people!"

It is simple i do not agree with reformed theology and their interpretations.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That's a Biblically well-reasoned argument showing the Biblical error of "reformed people"?
You have simply demonstrated that they are not in Biblical error and, therefore, it is the teaching of Scripture that you actually want nothing to do with.
Your opinion does not matter.

Upvote 0

AbbaLove

Circumcism Of The Heart
May 16, 2015
✟128,811.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship

What does John 1:29 mean to you?​

29 The next day he saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, “Behold, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Gone off the rails from original intent of OP ... just another example of mans post-modern theological Christianity.

1 John 2:27
But the anointing that you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you.​
But as His anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in Him.​

Which one of the above posters can say with certainity (like Paul) that his/her posts are because of a Spiritual anointing and not influenced by post-modern Christian/Judaic theological doctrines ?

Dogmatic theology, also called dogmatics, is the part of theology dealing with the theoretical truths of faith concerning God and God's works. Such as the official theology recognized by an organized Church body, such as the Roman Catholic Church, Dutch Reformed Church, etc, etc, etc.​

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟256,887.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,748,694.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married

What does John 1:29 mean to you?​

Gone off the rails from original intent of OP ... just another example of mans post-modern theological Christianity.

1 John 2:27
But the anointing that you received from Him abides in you, and you have no need that anyone should teach you.​
But as His anointing teaches you about everything, and is true, and is no lie—just as it has taught you, abide in Him.​

Which one of the above posters can say with certainity (like Paul) that his/her posts are because of a Spiritual anointing and not influenced by post-modern Christian/Judaic theological doctrines ?

Dogmatic theology, also called dogmatics, is the part of theology dealing with the theoretical truths of faith concerning God and God's works. Such as the official theology recognized by an organized Church body, such as the Roman Catholic Church, Dutch Reformed Church, etc, etc, etc.​
Are you serious, or is this sarcasm?

Upvote 0