What are your thoughts on what is seriously (most) wrong in our country (USA) - poll

What is seriously wrong in our country (not necessarily discussed by news commentators)

• 1 Liberalism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5 too much judgmentalism

• 8 people being cancelled

• Total voters

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,077.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Focusing too much on "what is wrong".

If you watch similar questions to people from other developed countries, you see they are actually searching in their memory for something, while Americans will shoot a list of things they apparently think and talk about constantly, with specific places, numbers, dates, names.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟285,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
People prefer to dig their heels in and double down rather than consider the possibility that they are wrong and need to change their views.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What are your thoughts on what is seriously (most) wrong in our country

I voted for poor leaders. And I'm not just talking president of the US and such, I'm talking poor leaders beginning in the home, and then a continuation of poor leaders everywhere from school to neighborhoods to government.

We have an epidemic of absolutely no one wanting to lead in the raising of the youth. Parents are afraid of CPS so they let the kids raise themselves, and school takes it from there in treating kids as if they are responsible for raising themselves.

What no one is managing is treating kids like kids and raising them in a manner in which they grow and learn how to be adults in the world around them so they can actually be the next generation of leaders themselves.

No... Now they are just becoming terrorists because they didn't have anyone actually raising them or teaching them so the nuts took it.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟254,162.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
-

The problem is (for believers, some not all) they are depending on government and believing/trusting government, just as much as an unbeliever.

All kingdoms (governments) are in possession of satan. God may give satan people to rule his kingdoms with , but still most if not all exhibit satans deceptiveness and lies (america being no exception).

One day in the future, satans man (king of the north/man of sin/beast from the sea) will be one the scene and satan will trade worship for his kingdoms of the world. With this man becoming ruler over all the kingdoms of the earth, the one world government.

The good part about this God will only allow this to take place for a short time 3&1/2 years.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I voted for poor leaders. And I'm not just talking president of the US and such, I'm talking poor leaders beginning in the home, and then a continuation of poor leaders everywhere from school to neighborhoods to government.

We have an epidemic of absolutely no one wanting to lead in the raising of the youth. Parents are afraid of CPS so they let the kids raise themselves, and school takes it from there in treating kids as if they are responsible for raising themselves.

What no one is managing is treating kids like kids and raising them in a manner in which they grow and learn how to be adults in the world around them so they can actually be the next generation of leaders themselves.

No... Now they are just becoming terrorists because they didn't have anyone actually raising them or teaching them so the nuts took it.
excellent point. And this is the first time I've heard someone say all this on an internet forum, although people mention children in one -liner comments here and there.

I went to this fast food place the other day and ended up waiting something like 45 minutes for my order to be filled. Other people were waiting also and had a variety of "looks" on their faces. It was because employees had not shown up and as we know, it is mostly young people who work at these places. I couldn't help but think about how undisciplined a lot of young people are today. Like you say, parents are afraid of CPS and from what I know of that agency, they are totally, totally right to be fearful. Like any govt agency, you can never trust them to do the right thing.

I could go on and on but I have read factual stories on this issue. A lot of children are unjustly removed from their homes and they suffer egregious damage because of it. Society suffers also. In fact, this is another topic not discussed much these days: How ALL of society suffers when even ONE individual does, much less when thousands, much less when millions suffer (abnormally suffer). Life is full of sufferings but egregiously bad leaders and others make sure that many, many people are going to suffer abnormally, egregiously. A lot of elites don't care, either.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
-

The problem is (for believers, some not all) they are depending on government and believing/trusting government, just as much as an unbeliever.

All kingdoms (governments) are in possession of satan. God may give satan people to rule his kingdoms with , but still most if not all exhibit satans deceptiveness and lies (america being no exception).

One day in the future, satans man (king of the north/man of sin/beast from the sea) will be one the scene and satan will trade worship for his kingdoms of the world. With this man becoming ruler over all the kingdoms of the earth, the one world government.

The good part about this God will only allow this to take place for a short time 3&1/2 years.
which likely began in 2021?

you wonder........

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
23% said All of the above
23% say Lack of charity

That makes sense. There is massive SNARK everywhere you turn these days, especially since 2021. I mean, it seems that people DRIVE angry, work angry, interact w/ others, well, impatiently at best

Maybe Americans miss Trump more than they consciously realize? I do. I miss NORMAL

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,201,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,201,998.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Right. The opposition is the quintessential definition of Normal.

:scratch:
Yes, hence why he was fielded by the dems, he was the most white bread middle of the road option available.

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟50,746.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not sure why this isn't in politics, but since someone's asked:

1. Decline in believers. This isn't the same as decline in church membership. You can be a church member and still not believe.

2. Believers who do not practice their belief. I forgot who used the term "Virtual atheists," but it refers to those who profess to be believers but live as though there is no God. And yes, I've been convicted of such.

3. Decline in knowledge of the ideals behind the US government. Things such as division of powers, the Constitution, the purpose of the Constitution, arguments for and against the Constitution. Things that once were basic civics.

4. Decline in belief in the ideals behind US government. You can, and many have, point out that the US hasn't always practice those ideals, and you'd be right. What I'm referring to is belief that those ideals are good.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟285,836.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Right. The opposition is the quintessential definition of Normal.

:scratch:
Biden is so "normal" that he is boring and predictable. Like a respite.

But leaders are not the problem. The problem is in the people who elect them.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
People prefer to dig their heels in and double down rather than consider the possibility that they are wrong and need to change their views.
that's a good one. It is human nature, what you describe.

But we are called to overcome our baser, human natures when following Christ. If we don't bother trying, how can we say we are really following Him?

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Biden is so "normal" that he is boring and predictable. Like a respite.

But leaders are not the problem. The problem is in the people who elect them.
like we have much of a choice?

it's interesting that Rs had so many candidates running to be the nominee

while the Ds had ONE

so much for choice, diversity, etc

Also, using the word Normal to describe.... ha ha.. too funny!

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes, hence why he was fielded by the dems, he was the most white bread middle of the road option available.
being white and middle of the road is the least of our concerns at this point

dude has the nuke codes... AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Upvote 0

Yttrium

Independent Centrist
May 19, 2019
Pacific NW
✟248,257.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Single
like we have much of a choice?

it's interesting that Rs had so many candidates running to be the nominee

while the Ds had ONE

so much for choice, diversity, etc

Also, using the word Normal to describe.... ha ha.. too funny!
The Democrats do have more than one candidate. Jason Palmer and Marianne Williamson haven't given up yet. Dean Phillips was running in the primaries, but he gave up and dropped out. Robert F. Kennedy was going to run as a Democrat, but he dropped out before the primaries started.

It's normal for an incumbent president to have few if any people to run against in the primaries.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,172.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The Democrats do have more than one candidate. Jason Palmer and Marianne Williamson haven't given up yet. Dean Phillips was running in the primaries, but he gave up and dropped out. Robert F. Kennedy was going to run as a Democrat, but he dropped out before the primaries started.

It's normal for an incumbent president to have few if any people to run against in the primaries.
Tell the Rs that

They at least gave America a choice. Apparently, D elites only believe in choice if it involves a dead child

Upvote 0