Well if this isn't a lump of really uncanny coincidences.

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟209,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Like, I can't make this assumption about this man as I mean, He professes and preaches Jesus Christ but..
Bishop Mar Mari Emmanuel an Assyrian Christian living in Australia and having an Assyrian Christian Church there, got attacked by a terrorist while livestreaming a sermon on April 15th, 2024. He lost his right eye in the attack.

I mean, I don't think he's the Beast or anything.. just... unfortunate coincidences but.. Assyrian, named Emmanuel, a Messianic title/name, and right eye darkened.
But he responds to the attack with grace, wanting his lost eye to be an eye for the Muslims who cannot see Jesus as He truly is.. so..
just a real unfortunate attack on a brother.

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟209,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Here is another video from You Tube....

Hmm, so he actually got kicked out of the Church organization he was raised to a Bishop in prior. I haven't heard a lot of his doctrine, I mean I disagree with most of the Eastern Orthodox Church's use of icons and I'm not too invested in organized church Hierarchies as well a lot of Baptist churches belong to no conventions like they'll be Independent Fundamental Baptists and operate on a more local level, so that's not really a red flag to me, like I'm not entirely sure on Eastern Orthodox Doctrines but if they maintain a "faith + works" and some Bishop gets kicked out for preaching grace alone, then good on them for separating from the poisonous faith + works doctrine.

as far as his other complaints okay the baby stuff was silly but I can also see it as what he desires is to be able to relate to Christ, to adore Him and to have a level of intimacy with Him, and that's relatable. I mean isn't that ultimately the desire? To relate with Christ and have a more intimate relationship with Him than just God and random worshipper #39023512346508 off to the side blended into a crowd all singing "HOLY HOLY HOLY.." over and over?
Doesn't anyone want at least a level of relationship with Christ more along the lines of the original 12 disciples? following Him learning from Him speaking 1 on 1 candidly with Him?
So I think the particular critique is overblown, what he said is kind of silly, embarrassing really, but the desire to have family level intimacy with Christ is relatable.

But yeah it just seemed weird, that combination of factors immediately makes me think of Zechariah 11 and Micah 5.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟361,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hmm, so he actually got kicked out of the Church organization he was raised to a Bishop in prior. I haven't heard a lot of his doctrine, I mean I disagree with most of the Eastern Orthodox Church's use of icons and I'm not too invested in organized church Hierarchies as well a lot of Baptist churches belong to no conventions like they'll be Independent Fundamental Baptists and operate on a more local level, so that's not really a red flag to me, like I'm not entirely sure on Eastern Orthodox Doctrines but if they maintain a "faith + works" and some Bishop gets kicked out for preaching grace alone, then good on them for separating from the poisonous faith + works doctrine.

as far as his other complaints okay the baby stuff was silly but I can also see it as what he desires is to be able to relate to Christ, to adore Him and to have a level of intimacy with Him, and that's relatable. I mean isn't that ultimately the desire? To relate with Christ and have a more intimate relationship with Him than just God and random worshipper #39023512346508 off to the side blended into a crowd all singing "HOLY HOLY HOLY.." over and over?
Doesn't anyone want at least a level of relationship with Christ more along the lines of the original 12 disciples? following Him learning from Him speaking 1 on 1 candidly with Him?
So I think the particular critique is overblown, what he said is kind of silly, embarrassing really, but the desire to have family level intimacy with Christ is relatable.

But yeah it just seemed weird, that combination of factors immediately makes me think of Zechariah 11 and Micah 5.
I just finished watching one of Mar Mari's You Video's in which he was speaking against Islam and his rationale was pretty sound, He is probably off in other areas though.

Personally, I don't think he is the Assyrian in Micah 5. That person, imo, will be the Muslim leader of the muslim coalition part of the Gog/Magog alliance.

Regarding Zechariah 11, are you referring to the right eye being damaged, with a sword ? The Muslim believe that their version of the Antichrist, the dajaal, will have a damaged eye, that budges out like a grape.

A couple of weeks ago, the Muslims were upset because of rumors that the Jews were about to sacrifice a red heifer, causing distress among Muslims that the Jews were preparing for the new temple - which would threaten the existence of their dome of the rock and al aqsa mosque.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟209,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I just finished watching one of Mar Mari's You Video's in which he was speaking against Islam and his rationale was pretty sound, He is probably off in other areas though.

Personally, I don't think he is the Assyrian in Micah 5. That person, imo, will be the Muslim leader of the muslim coalition part of the Gog/Magog alliance.

Regarding Zechariah 11, are you referring to the right eye being damaged, with a sword ? The Muslim believe that their version of the Antichrist, the dajaal, will have a damaged eye, that budges out like a grape.

A couple of weeks ago, the Muslims were upset because of rumors that the Jews were about to sacrifice a red heifer, causing distress among Muslims that the Jews were preparing for the new temple - which would threaten the existence of their dome of the rock and al aqsa mosque.

Yeah that's why I titled the thread as this is some weird coincidences.
I don't think he's the guy either.
but mentions of Assyirian with a blinded right eye just kinda.. my mind snaps to certain scriptures.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟361,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Yeah that's why I titled the thread as this is some weird coincidences.
I don't think he's the guy either.
but mentions of Assyirian with a blinded right eye just kinda.. my mind snaps to certain scriptures.
It's good that you posted the video and started the thread because its important to keep forum members (like me :) ) informed to what is going on in current events.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟209,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
It's good that you posted the video and started the thread because its important to keep forum members (like me :) ) informed to what is going on in current events.

It's a few reasons to make a thread in eschatology regarding this, the coincidental thinking about some of the OT prophecy scriptures is one, but otherwise just .. Muslim attacks on Christian Churches is something to be aware of and I think will increase, especially as that part of the world goes through wars and has refugees that find themselves transplanted in western countries, and so they carry out their regional disputes in their new foster nations.

Like after Oct 7, Monkeywerx on Youtube has been tracking a lot of C-17 flights from Egypt to Rammstein AFB in Germany, and then from there to the US. IE Sleepy Uncle Joe has been transplanting "Palestinians" into the US, and is part of the reason why we have all these pro Hamas protests in the US now.
I imagine sleepy Joe just thinks Brown people will vote democrat so he wants to bring them into the country. But the real result of this influx in radical Muslims into western nations is... violence.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums