Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Revelation 12:9 So the great dragon was thrown out—the ancient serpent, who is called the Devil and Satan, the one who deceives the whole world. He was thrown to earth, and his angels with him.

Just as allegory and typification reveal our LORD and Savior, Jesus Christ... so, too does scripture reveal the Enemy of God. If you don't understand the enemy and his arsenal, you will be blindsided by "superstitious" ideas that are far from true and possibly deceived by the Father of Lies. (John 8:44) Let's start small.

Satan: This word is not what people think. It actually means "Adversary". That's it. It denotes Opposition. However, in scripture the word Satan... is set up to mean "The Adversary of God". Hit the brakes. God created a being that ended up becoming His very "Adversary"? Yes. Don't be foolish and miss what this means. This "Serpent" has placed God in bad situations that "threatened" God. If you fail to biblically see how Satan is revealed to operate in scripture, you can be swept away by lies.

Devil: This word is quite nasty. It means; Accuser of the Brethren.

great dragon: The Dragon is used to denote POWER, STRENGTH, VIOLENCE, DEATH, GREED, to name a few matters, rapidly.

ancient serpent: This reference is supposed to slither into your mind in more passages in scripture than you realize. The Garden of Eden is the obvious one, but there are many more symbolic references. Some can be found, here: Isaiah 27:1, ALL of Job 41.

Typification comes in, all throughout scripture. Haman is the most specific typification of God's Adversary. There are many more, but the main points have been made.

So, where do we first meet this "being". We meet him here: Genesis 3:1 (He's sneaky, crafty, more effective than any wild animal) He begins to plant doubt within Eve's mind, with one single question: “Did God really say, ‘You must not eat from any tree in the garden’?”. (Notice that Satan expands the scope of God's warning towards EVERY Tree) This is met by Eve's attempt to restate what God had actually said to her. God had actually said this: (“You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; 17 but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat from it you will certainly die.”)... But, Eve replies to the Serpent (‘You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.’)... Notice that Eve adds "You must not touch it" to what God had said? The Devil already had Eve on the ropes of "Deception". Satan goes on to Contradict God, by mixing truth with lies: (“You will not certainly die,”)... which was true... because Death didn't come instantly, to Adam and Eve, yet it was a LIE, because... as scripture FAR LATER reveals... As surely as Eve had met her Maker, face to face, she was now meeting her "Assassin", face to face.

Why did I call the serpent, Eve's assassin? God "curses" the serpent with a JOB. The Serpent is cursed to "Eat Dust". (Genesis 3:14) What does Mankind return to, upon death? Genesis 3:19 "Dust"

I know, I know... that's a major theological leap! I would have to find a verse that binds the devil to the POWER of Death, to proof my assertion. (Hebrews 2:14)

How did God respond to Satan's betrayal? God recites what is now well known as "The Protoevangelium" in Genesis 3:15

"

Last edited:
Reactions: Vambram