HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
I know that a lot of Christians are unaware that the day of the Lord is the feast of Trumpets, but I was wondering if there were any Messianics that don't know this, or would disagree with it.

Mark Blitz has several really cool videos about Rosh Hashannah.

Jesus tells us very clearly about the last trump.

Rosh Hashanah is a rehearsal day that Israel practices in waiting on the King. The feast of trumpets is the coronation of the king, and every year on Rosh Hashanah, it is said, '' The kingdoms of the world have become the kingdom of our Lord.''

Paul says that we are not in darkness that the day of the Lord should overtake us like a thief, that we know the appointed days.

It will come on the world like a thief, but it will not be a surprise to the people who are rehearsing this day, and in expectation of the promise of this day.

The kingdoms of the world become the kingdoms of our Lord on Rosh Hashanah.

We do not know what year, and we do not know what hour, but we are to rehearse this day in expectation of the coronation of the king. We are demanded to watch because we do not know the hour, and so we must expect it every Rosh Hashanah.

The whole month before Rosh Hashanah is in expectation of Rosh Hashanah and it is said ,'' The king is in the field.''

Who does not know that the feast of trumpets is the day of the Lord?

Or who would try and convince me otherwise?

"And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdom of this world is become the kingdom of our Lord , and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever ." Revelation 11:15

Last edited:

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Thanks Janni.

Here is something Eddie Chumney said.

Yom HaKeseh: The Hidden Day
In Psalm (Tehillim) 27:5 it is written, "For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; in the secret of His tabernacle shall He hide me; He shall set me up upon a rock."​

Yet another name for Rosh HaShanah is Yom HaKeseh, "The Day of the Hiding" or "the Hidden Day." The term keseh or keceh is derived from the Hebrew root kacah, which means to "conceal, cover, or hide."​

Every day during the month of Elul, a trumpet is blown to warn the people to turn back to G-d, except for the thirtieth day of Elul, the day preceding Rosh HaShanah. On that day the trumpet is not blown, and is therefore silent. This is because much about Rosh HaShanah is concealed and shrouded in mystery.​

The mystical aspect of Rosh HaShanah is indicated in Scripture: "Sound the shofar on the New Moon, in concealment of the day of our festival" (Psalm [Tehillim] 81:3). Satan, the accuser, is not to be given notice about the arrival of Rosh HaShanah, the Day of Judgment.​

Rosh HaShanah is called Yom HaKeseh, or the Day of the Hiding, because it was hidden from satan (Ha satan), the adversary. The Bible says that satan comes to rob and to steal (John [Yochanan] 10:10, and to confuse (1 Corinthians 14:33).

Because it is the Day of Judgment, it is symbolically hidden from satan (satan did not know and understand the plan of the cross [tree], First Corinthians 2:7-8). This was hidden from him as well. Believers never said when the day of Rosh HaShanah was; they simply said, "Of that day and hour no one knows, only the Father."

One of the reasons most often given to disclaim that the resurrection of the dead and the catching away of the believers is on Rosh HaShanah is the statement given by Yeshua in Matthew (Mattityahu) 24:36, as it is written, "But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but My Father only."

Because Rosh HaShanah was understood to be the hidden day, this statement by Yeshua is actually an idiom for Rosh Hashanah.

Thus it should be given as proof that He was speaking of Rosh HaShanah because Rosh HaShanah is the only day in the whole year that was referred to as the hidden day or the day that no man knew.

Spiritual Application (Halacha). Rosh HaShanah takes place on the new moon. Colossians 2:16-17 says that the new moon will teach about the Messiah. The Jewish (biblical) month is based upon a lunar cycle. The moon can barely be seen as the cycle begins. But then the moon turns toward the sun and begins to reflect the light of the sun. The sun in the sky is a picture of Yeshua (Malachi [Malachie] 4:2), and the moon is a picture of the believers in the Messiah.

The sun has its own light, but the moon's light is a reflection of the sun. When we first become believers in Yeshua, we can hardly be seen spiritually, and we know very little about G-d. But then our lives begin to revolve around the Messiah as the moon revolves around the sun. As we begin to turn more and more toward the center of creation, we begin to reflect that light (Yeshua) more and more, just as the moon reflects the light from the center of the solar system.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
Habakkuk 2:3
King James Version (KJV)
3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.
To re-word this.... For the book of Revelation is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it will speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.

I know that I paraphrased that verse, but for good reason. The feast of Trumpets is known to be the time when the books in heaven are opened. Feast of Trumpets marks the beginning of a ten day countdown to the Day of Atonement. Because the Day of Atonement is judgment day, the trumpet is sounded as a reminder that judgment is very near and the time for repentance is short.
Ezekiel 18:30 Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin.
In Temple times, the priesthood sounded three trumpet blasts every morning to announce the opening of the Temple gates. So too, it is believed, that the first trumpet blasts of the Feast of Trumpets announce the opening of the gates of Heaven. This is traditional Feast of Trumpets image is fully employed in
Revelation 4:1 After this I looked, and, behold a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.
I agree with you on the Coronation of the King. Trumpets were also used for Coronation Ceremonies. In the Scriptures, the trumpet is sounded at the coronation of a king. The trumpet announces the newly crowned King and proclaims his ascent to sovereignty. It is well illustrated in the coronation contest for David's throne.
1 Kings 1:39 Zadok the priest took the horn of oil from the sacred tent and anointed Solomon. Then they sounded the trumpet and all the people shouted, "Long live King Solomon!"
Only the King of Kings can take The Book out of the Hand of God. As one of the elders told John the Revelator, the Lion out of the tribe of Judah, and the root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
Revelation 5:7 And He came and took the book out of the right hand of him that sat upon the throne
. So the coronation of the King of the Universe, our Lord Yeshua could occur during the Feast of Trumpets or on the Day of Atonement when He is handed all dominions.
Psalm 47:5 God is gone up with a shout, the LORD with the sound of a trumpet.
Psalm 98:6 With trumpets and sound of cornet make a joyful noise before the LORD, the King.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
To add further to this thought line.. Therefore, the sound of the trumpet on the Feast of Trumpets is a remembrance of the coronation of the King of the Universe, and it symbolizes our acceptance of God as King. As with any Kingdom, the law of the land is pronounced and proclaimed throughout the kingdom and to all the citizens.
Nehemiah 8:1-3 And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate; and they spake unto Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the LORD had commanded to Israel. 2 And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding, upon the first day of the seventh month. 3 And he read therein before the street that was before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and the women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law. ...8 So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading. ...11 So the Levites stilled all the people, saying, Hold your peace, for the day is holy; neither be ye grieved. 12 And all the people went their way to eat, and to drink, and to send portions, and to make great mirth, because they had understood the words that were declared unto them.

It was at Mount Sinai when God descended upon the mount in Exodus 19, that there was a heavenly trumpet sounding loud and long. The sound of the trumpet at Sinai was one of the miraculous signs that accompanied the giving of the Ten Commandments and the invitation to covenant with God. Therefore, the sound of the trumpet on Feast of Trumpets is a remembrance of that day at Mount Sinai when Israel accepted her covenant with God. Later when Joshua came to the promised land, it was lead by the priests carrying the ark of the covenant with seven trumpets blowing.
Joshua 6:6 And Joshua the son of Nun called the priests, and said unto them, Take up the ark of the covenant, and let seven priests bear seven trumpets of rams' horns before the ark of the LORD.

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Rosh Hashanah Day 1

Jewish History

Adam & Eve (3760 BCE)
On Tishrei 1 -- the sixth day of creation -- "G-d said: 'Let us make Man in Our image, after Our likeness; and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth...'" (Genesis 1:26). "G-d formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul" (ibid., 2:7). "And G-d took the man and placed him in the Garden of Eden, to work it and to keep it" (2:15). "And G-d said: 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helpmeet opposite him' ... G-d caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; and He took one of his sides, and closed up the flesh in its place. And G-d built the side which He had taken from the man into a woman, and brought her to the man. And the man said: 'This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.' Therefore a man leaves his father and his mother, and cleaves to his wife; and they become one flesh" (2:18-24).

1st Sin & Repentance (3760 BCE)

On the very day he was created, man committed the first sin of history, transgressing the divine commandment not to eat from the "Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil." Adam and Eve were banished from the Garden, and mankind became subject to death, labor and moral confusion. But on that day the first man and woman also repented their sin, introducing the concept and opportunities of teshuvah ("return") into the human experience.

Dove's 3rd Mission (2105 BCE)
On the 1st of Tishrei, on the 307th day of the Great Flood, Noach dispatched a dove from the ark, for the third time (see "On This Date" for Elul 17 and Elul 23). When the dove did not return, Noah knew that the Flood's waters had completely drained from the earth. On that day, Noach removed the roof of the ark; but Noah and his family, and all the animals, remained in the ark for another 57 days -- until the 27th of Cheshvan -- when the suface of the earth was completely dry and G-d commanded them to leave the ark and resettle and reppopulate the earth.

Binding of Isaac; Sarah's Passing (1677 BCE)
Abraham's supreme test of faith -- his binding of Isaac in preparation to sacrifice him as per G-d's command -- occurred on the 1st of Tishrei of the year 2084 from creation (1677 BCE), and is recalled each Rosh Hashanah with the sounding of the shofar (ram's horn -- a ram was sacrificed in Isaac's stead when an angel revealed that the command to sacrifice Isaac was but a divine test); the Torah's account of the event is publicly read in the synagogue on the 2nd day of Rosh Hashanah. On the day of Isaac's binding, his mother, Sarah, passed away at age 127, and was subsequently buried in the Machpelah Cave in Hebron. The Binding of Isaac

Baal Shem Tov's Vision of Moshiach (1746)
In a letter to his brother-in-law, Rabbi Gershon Kitover, the Baal Shem Tov relates: "On Rosh Hashanah of the year 5507 [from creation] I made an 'ascent of soul' in the manner known to you... I ascended level after level until I reached the chamber of Moshiach... And I asked Moshiach: "When will the Master come?" And he replied: "When your teachings will be disseminated and revealed in the world, and your wellsprings will spread to the outside..." (Keter Shem Tov 1:1).
About the Baal Shem Tov; about Chassidism

Daf Yomi (1923)
The "Daf Yomi" daily regimen of Talmud study (in which the participant studies one folio a day to complete the entire Talmud in seven years) initiated by Rabbi Meir Shapiro of Lublin, was launched on Rosh Hashanah of 1923.

Laws and Customs

Upvote 0

HannibalFlavius

May 15, 2013
Houston
✟5,329.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Laws and Customs

"Good Year"
On the first night of Rosh Hashanah, we extend to one another greetings of Leshana Tovah Tekatev Vitechatem, "May you be inscribed and sealed for a good year."

Apple & Honey
In the evening meal, we eat apple dipped in honey, the head of a fish, pomogranates , tzimmes (sweet carrots) and other foods signifying a sweet and successful year

Shofar
In the course of the morning and musaf service, the shofar (ram's horn) is sounded one hundred times, in various combinations of tekiah (a long blast), shevarim (a trio of broken sobs) and teruah (a staccato of short notes), in fulfillment of the primary mitzvah of Rosh Hashanah. The shofar serves to trumpet our coronation of G-d as King of the Universe, as a call to repentance, and to evoke the memory of the Binding ofIsaac.
Link The Cry of the Shofar: Two Parables

Tshlich
In the afternoon, the Tashlich prayer service, in which we ask G-d to "cast away our sins in the depths of the sea", is recited at a body of water (sea, river, lake, pond, etc.) containing fish.

Torah Reading
Genesis 21-22

Ten Days of Repentance
The 10-day period beginning on Rosh Hashahnah and ending on Yom Kippur is known as the "Ten Days of Repentance"; this is the period, say the sages, of which the prophet speaks when he proclaims (Isaiah 55:6) "Seek G-d when He is to be found; call on Him when He is near." Psalm 130, Avinu Malkeinu and other special inserts and additions are included in our daily prayers during these days.
The Baal Shem Tov instituted the custom of reciting three additional chapters of Psalms each day, from the 1st of Elul until Yom Kippur (on Yom Kippur the remaining 36 chapters are recited, thereby completing the entire book of Psalms). Click below for today's three Psalms.
Chapter 88 Chapter 89 Chapter 90

Upvote 0

MoreCoffee

Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to intrude; somebody mentioned this thread in connection with Ice Cream. :yum::yum::yum:

So I came to have a look and ... well you can imagine that my poor little eyes went all sad when I didn't see any ... :bigeye:

So, why is the feast of trumpets "the day of the Lord"? :mmh:

And can I have an answer with a serve if Ice Cream? :idea1:

Or I may die of starvation ... :dead:

:sorry::sorry::sorry:

Upvote 0

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟402,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I know that a lot of Christians are unaware that the day of the Lord is the feast of Trumpets, but I was wondering if there were any Messianics that don't know this, or would disagree with it.

Rosh Hashanah is a rehearsal day that Israel practices in waiting on the King. The feast of trumpets is the coronation of the king, and every year on Rosh Hashanah, it is said, '' The kingdoms of the world have become the kingdom of our Lord.''

Paul says that we are not in darkness that the day of the Lord should overtake us like a thief, that we know the appointed days.

It will come on the world like a thief, but it will not be a surprise to the people who are rehearsing this day, and in expectation of the promise of this day.

We do not know what year, and we do not know what hour, but we are to rehearse this day in expectation of the coronation of the king. We are demanded to watch because we do not know the hour, and so we must expect it every Rosh Hashanah.

The whole month before Rosh Hashanah is in expectation of Rosh Hashanah and it is said ,'' The king is in the field.''

"And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdom of this world is become the kingdom of our Lord , and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever ." Revelation 11:15

Would you say that Yom Kippur has a connection with The Marriage Supper of the Lamb where one is taken and another left?

Dr. Richard Eby:

He paused as though the joy of that thought had overwhelmed him for the moment.

"My Father assures me that the time is yet a little while, but very little. Soon he will call those already in paradise to surround me as we descend from this third heaven to the first heaven around the Earth. The souls of all my saints will be instantly clothed in their new resurrection bodies, as will the living saints on Earth who rise to us in the glory cloud! At the sounding trumpet they all receive new bodies and rise to meet us in the air. We return as my body to my throne room with the Father. Now do you understand why I called this place a temporary abiding place? Do you grasp what it will mean to be one with me and the Father in your incorruptible bodies? My book states that I assumed mankind's sin so you "might be made the righteousness of God' in me!"

I can clearly recall how Jesus' voice paused at this moment. He was savoring an anticipation too intense and private to be revealed. Was he pre-living that moment at which he would enjoy the victory which his Father would give him as the eternal reward for his own long-suffering? His own sting of death would be swallowed up, and he would be the omniscient Head of a completed and compliant body for whom he had shed his blood on a terrible cross. He would reign as KING of the Jews after these days of grace. Then his thoughts returned to me.

"My son, when that time has come, my Father will call to me. The applause of the heavenly hosts will be deafening; they too have been awaiting that day, ever since they announced my birth to the shepherds at Bethlehem so long ago. Scoffers will gaze with fear and wonder as my angelic hosts watch me fulfill my promise to my earthly body of believers at my soon return to Earth." (near-death.com)

Upvote 0
B

Blessedj01

Sorry to intrude; somebody mentioned this thread in connection with Ice Cream. :yum::yum::yum:

So I came to have a look and ... well you can imagine that my poor little eyes went all sad when I didn't see any ... :bigeye:

So, why is the feast of trumpets "the day of the Lord"? :mmh:

And can I have an answer with a serve if Ice Cream? :idea1:

Or I may die of starvation ... :dead:

:sorry::sorry::sorry:

I think i'm the only one who got that...

...otherwise, interesting thread!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

DennisTate

Site Supporter
Mar 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
Visit site
✟402,394.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives

Could the fulfillment of the Festival of Trumpets precede the Marriage Supper of the Lamb and/or the Rapture event by ten years or so based on the ten days of Awe between Rosh haShanah to Yom Kippur?

Could another five year delay occur before the first major aspects of the Millennium could be seen based on there being five days between Yom Kippur to the beginning of Sukkot?

Ezekiel 4:6
"And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year."

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
I don't think "THE Day of the Lord" is the Feast of Trumpets. It is a day of the Lord among all the other feasts which are His appointed days. "The Day of the Lord" is His return date [second coming]... and it will be the "Last Day" as Paul pointed out. Last Day of the feasts is the eighth day of the Feast of Tabernacles.

Upvote 0

BukiRob

Dec 14, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
✟50,820.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I don't think "THE Day of the Lord" is the Feast of Trumpets. It is a day of the Lord among all the other feasts which are His appointed days. "The Day of the Lord" is His return date [second coming]... and it will be the "Last Day" as Paul pointed out. Last Day of the feasts is the eighth day of the Feast of Tabernacles.

So that would be Shimini Atzeret Eighth Day of Assembly?

Upvote 0

daq

Messianic
Jan 26, 2012
Devarim 11:21
Visit site
✟117,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Could the fulfillment of the Festival of Trumpets precede the Marriage Supper of the Lamb and/or the Rapture event by ten years or so based on the ten days of Awe between Rosh haShanah to Yom Kippur?

Could another five year delay occur before the first major aspects of the Millennium could be seen based on there being five days between Yom Kippur to the beginning of Sukkot?

Ezekiel 4:6
"And when thou hast accomplished them, lie again on thy right side, and thou shalt bear the iniquity of the house of Judah forty days: I have appointed thee each day for a year."

Like Daniel and Smyrna you shall have tribulation ten days and in those ten great days are seventy weeks. After the sixty two weeks your Belshazzar mashiach nagiyd will be slain, (king Saul typology) and for a season he is not, but you know by the Testimony of Yeshua that when the unclean spirit is cast out of a man he goes through dry-arid desert places seeking rest, and finding none: then he says, "I will return unto my house from whence I came out." And when he comes, he finds the house swept and garnished, (with idols). Then he goes and leagues himself with seven other spirits more wicked than himself: and they enter into the house of the man, and dwell therein, (and the eighth is of the seven) and the last state of the man is worse than the first. And who shall live when El does this? :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
So that would be Shimini Atzeret Eighth Day of Assembly?
Yep
Eighth day...
The seventh feast of the Levitical convocations is the Feast of Tabernacles. Tabernacles represent the fullness of the indwelling of God in you. It is God's purpose to dwell (Tabernacle) among His people. God is building His Temple in you, the body of Yeshua, that He might have a dwelling place in which and through which He can abide among all the nations of the earth.

The seventh Feast of the Feast cycle, is part of the prophetic plan, pointing to the completion of God’s His plan of Salvation, preparing for the time the faithful will enter into the great Sabbath. “In the last day, that great day of the feast, Yeshua stood and cried saying, 'If any man thirst, let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the Scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.' (But this spoke he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet glorified.) Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, said, 'Of a truth this is The Prophet.”

God's plan of human redemption to the glory and likeness of His Son will not be completed and finished until the mystery of God is finished. The Feasts of Tabernacles lasted seven days only, yet at the end of this feast; on the eighth day is a Holy Sabbath. It was a separate feast, a one day festival.

King Solomon dedicated the temple during Feast of Tabernacles which you may read in 1 Kings Chapter 3. Therefore because of this event, this festival is also called the Feast of Dedication. It was celebrated after the Babylonian captivity.

Then the Lord my God will come and all his holy ones with him. On that day the sources of light will no longer shine, yet there will be continuous day! Only the Lord knows how this could happen! And the Lord will be king over all the earth. On that day there will be one Lord—his name alone will be worshiped. Jerusalem will be raised up in its original place and will be inhabited … and Jerusalem will be filled, safe at last, never again to be cursed and destroyed.

Josephus in his writings referred to the Feast of Tabernacles as the holiest and greatest of the Hebrew feasts. The seventh month begins with the Feast of Trumpets and ends with the Feast of Tabernacles. The Syriac name for the Pleiades is Succoth, which means booths.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
Final Harvest should trigger the time of the resurrection on that last great day. You have gone from the first fruits of those resurrected to the final harvest which are those that will meet the Lord in the air, those that are alive and those that are woke up by the Trump of God in the feasts of the Lord. Jude refers to the same scene when he says, “Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of His saints, to execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds.”

When this work shall have been accomplished, the followers of Yeshua will be ready for His appearing. Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the Lord, as in the days of old, and as in former years. Then the believers which our Lord at His coming is to receive to Himself will be a "glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing." Then she will look like what Solomon described as "forth as the morning, fair as the moon, clear as the sun, and terrible as an army with banners."

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
It is in connection with the Feast of Tabernacles and this eighth day that the gospel of John records a fascinating event. The Son of God was saying in the clearest possible way that He alone was the source of life and blessing; that He could meet every need of the human heart. Doesn’t that remind you of Rev 22: 2 where you are brought to the throne of God? “In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manners of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations.”

In the last day, that great day of the feast, Yeshua stood and cried, saying, “If any man thirst let him come unto me, and drink. He that believeth on me, as the scripture has said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” (But this spoke he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Yeshua was not yet glorified.)This waiting for the rains is also mentioned by James who said that you are to be patient just like a farmer is patiently waiting for the spring rain to get the seed to grow, and the fall rains so that it brings the crop to head and ready for the harvest. The water and the "pillar of light" provided during the wilderness wandering (when people dwelt in tabernacles) was temporary and in contrast to the continuing water and light claimed by Yeshua during this feast which commemorated that wandering period.

Upvote 0

visionary

Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
The visions which speak of the coming of all nations to worship at Jerusalem refer to the Feast of Tabernacles on the occasion of their pilgrimage
“And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles. And it shall be that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the LORD of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain. And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that have no rain; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. This shall be the punishment of Egypt, and the punishment of all nations that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. In that day shall there be upon the bells of the horses, HOLINESS UNTO THE LORD; and the pots in the LORD's house shall be like the bowls before the altar. Yet, every pot in Jerusalem and in Judah shall be holiness unto the LORD of hosts: and all they that sacrifice shall come and take of them, and sees therein: and in that day there shall be no more the Canaanite in the house of the LORD of hosts.”

Upvote 0