Supreme Court turns down inappropriate content group’s plea to block Texas age-verification law

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,738,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The U.S. Supreme Court on Tuesday declined a request from the inappropriate content industry to block a Texas age-verification rule, allowing the law to stand and temporarily derailing the efforts of inappropriate content creators to see the new safety measure scuttled.

The court said in an unsigned order without comment that it was denying a request from the Free Speech Coalition to issue a stay on the law. The Free Speech Coalition includes a inappropriate content trade association and several inappropriate contentography creators.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton has defended the law, HB 1181, since its passage last summer. The measure requires inappropriate content websites to institute “reasonable age-verification methods” to ensure minors are not accessing explicit sexual content on their sites.

The attorney general has sued multiple inappropriate contentography companies in order to enforce the age-verification law. He argued earlier this year that inappropriate contentography sites “are on the run because Texas has a law that aims to prevent them from showing harmful, obscene material to children.”

Continued below.
https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/...up-s-plea-to-block-texas-age-verification-law

• Informative
Reactions: DJWhalen

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,738,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I guess it might be triggering for some people?
Well the word is all over the place and in Christian articles. A word triggering? :scratch: Is there a better term for what it is?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,899.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Sexploitation?

Vulgar smut?

Exploited Sex trafficking actors for our personal enjoyment?

Indecent lust driven filth factories?

I don’t know either but as long as p-orn is mentioned the link is dead.
Some people may have addiction problems and that's why p*rn is blocked. That's my best guess. I really don't know for sure.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,738,008.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some people may have addiction problems and that's why p*rn is blocked. That's my best guess. I really don't know for sure.
Well there are a lot of good articles where we are making headway defeating this scourge and the reader has to search it out themselves.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0