Sugestions for the New Adventist/Bible Study.

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟455,418.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There have been some good suggestions on how this forum should be set up, for example, IntoTheCrimsonSky wrote the following:

"..There has been a suggestion of having different sort of "ratings" included in the post topics. I think this could work very well. There could be different levels. Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, etc..."

http://foru.ms/t6115039&page=5

I think this is a excellent idea and the direction which we should go. Have a Begginers section to start off with the basic truths from the Bible that Adventist have, then a Intemediate section for studies on Creation and Baptism, then the Advanced section studies on theological truths such as Salvation by Faith or the Mark of the Beast, etc...

Of course the Bible Lesson from Sabbath School should be included each week in its own section, are there any other suggestions......

T

TrustAndObey

There have been some good suggestions on how this forum should be set up, for example, IntoTheCrimsonSky wrote the following:

"..There has been a suggestion of having different sort of "ratings" included in the post topics. I think this could work very well. There could be different levels. Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, etc..."

I think this is a excellent idea and the direction which we should go. Have a Begginers section to start off with the basic truths from the Bible that Adventist have, then a Intemediate section for studies on Creation and Baptism, then the Advanced section studies on theological truths such as Salvation by Faith or the Mark of the Beast, etc...

Of course the Bible Lesson from Sabbath School should be included each week in its own section, are there any other suggestions......

I really, really like this idea and I'll tell you why.....

My son is four so for Sabbath school I still have to be in the classroom with him (which I enjoy too). I don't get to go to the adult Sabbath school studies and I miss it a lot.

Right now it's more important for me to make sure my son gets a strong foundation, but at the same time I really do crave the "meat" of the message.

I guess I'd call myself Intermediate, but there are some subjects I feel pretty advanced on from reading the Bible (like state of the dead, what a soul is, etc). I'm still a babe in Adventism though.

This will be awesome!

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟455,418.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How does advanced study fit in New Adventist/Bible study forum?

I'm still wondering where my Sanctuary study thread should go.

It would go into the ADVANCED section if we follow IntoTheCrimsonSky suggestion for this forum:

These levels would be for those new adventists who feel they are ready for higher levels of study and also for those 'theologians' who like to do a more intense Bible Study and go over their study with other 'theologians' or likeminded individuals...

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

~ ¤ Love. It's in you. ¤ ~
Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Hey Everyone.

As Red is doing a wonderful job explaining, the levels could really be a great help.

The reason for having an advanced study level in a Newbie forum, DL, is because it's a normal progression. The main focus of this forum is for Newbies, but that is how having the levels will help. A Newbie can come in and see a study marked "Beginner" and easily jump in. However, after awhile of doing beginner studies, they might feel comfortable checking out the advanced and such.

Plus, if we leave it all as newbie level it will only benefit those who are new. :) Also, keeping in mind there's a / between New Adventist and Bible Study, meaning there's a level of seperation between the two.

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
As for having a weekly Quarterly study, I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Could one of the mods answer this, for me: How hard is it to sticky/unsticky a thread? Would it be possible to sticky the current week and then unsticky it and replace it the next week? Or would this be uneeded?

Also, I think it may be a good idea to lock quaterly studies more than maybe one month old, to keep us cycling through rather than ending up dwelling on one and letting others pass by more. Or lock it after there's been no more discussion for a certain amount of time? Hm.

I understand I'm talking about a LOT of work, more than likely..and maybe it's unneeded. I just..have this thing about order. *lol* If I make it to mod, I'd be willing to take this on if we agree on it, too. :)

Upvote 0

thecountrydoc

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 29, 2006
San Marcos, CA
✟48,164.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Hi Sarah,

It realy isn't all that much work keep the Sabbath School Lessons current. Each week the current lesson could be posted. Everyoe would be able to ask questions or share thoughts with Red as mod and you could perhaps join him when you become a mod. That way we can all share and be shared with even though we are all over the world.

To answer your question about how long to leave each Sabbath School Lesson open for study, it would seem that in order to encourage everyone to stay current with the lessons, a time should be picked in advance, say on the following Monday, when each individual lesson would be locked and archived, perhaps in the wiki. That way the past lesson would always be readily available for refference or personal study, but would not be expanded on in the study thread. This way of saving a record of lessons has proven to be sucessful for several large churches. It's really a simple yet very useful way to handle online SS Lessons.

Respectfully, your brother in Christ,
Doc

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟455,418.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hi Sarah,

It realy isn't all that much work keep the Sabbath School Lessons current. Each week the current lesson could be posted. Everyoe would be able to ask questions or share thoughts with Red as mod and you could perhaps join him when you become a mod. That way we can all share and be shared with even though we are all over the world.

To answer your question about how long to leave each Sabbath School Lesson open for study, it would seem that in order to encourage everyone to stay current with the lessons, a time should be picked in advance, say on the following Monday, when each individual lesson would be locked and archived, perhaps in the wiki. That way the past lesson would always be readily available for refference or personal study, but would not be expanded on in the study thread. This way of saving a record of lessons has proven to be sucessful for several large churches. It's really a simple yet very useful way to handle online SS Lessons.

Doc

You are the man, Doc....

Those are excellent ideas on how to implement, I also think all the teachers who sign up should lead one lesson (so we can test their skills and qualifications), keep it up and help us bring this section to practical reality..

Red

Upvote 0

IntoTheCrimsonSky

Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
We need to have a short questionaire for new teachers, can I have some sample questions or suggestions on what we should ask...
I'll try to get to this tomorrow, Red. :)

To sum up, though..I was thinking of something along the lines of this..(in no particular order or wording)

"How long have you been a member of the SDA church?"

"Why do you wish to be a teacher here?"

"Have you had any previous teaching experience?"

"What subject(s) do you have in mind to teach?"

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IntoTheCrimsonSky

Mar 10, 2007
Ontario, Canada
Visit site
✟11,569.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
If there was a weekly sabbath lesson study, I would try to take part.

I Generally read them all at ocne, on a day that might be a year alte.

JM
I know what you mean. One time I hadn't attended church for several months..and when I went back, I had no clue what people were talking about in the study. I just sat there trying not to be noticed (of course, that's when someone addresses you for a responce, right?).

I then spent the next week doing a crash course of 3 months worth of lessons to catch up. I told my Pastor next Sabbath I thought my brain would explode. Rofl.

Upvote 0

reddogs

Contributor
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2006
✟455,418.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
New Teacher Sign up is next week! Get Ready!

The current teachers are the following and can sign back up for November next week, starting October 25, and do more than one thread to lead out, per the rules as they are no longer first time teachers.

Also we have one new teachers application (Jim Larmore) that didnt get in on time for Octobers list which I will add to the list in preparation for Novembers sign up so everyone can look at it again in preparation for next weeks sign up:

The current teachers for October 2007 that applied and were not challenged are the following:

Red is a teacher that applied and was not challenged :
I would like to do some bible studies in the New SDA/Bible Study Forum., so I will enter my name to be a teacher.

Red has officially signed up as a teacher in the New SDA/Bible Study Forum.

More than 30 years.
To share Gods truth.
I am a Sabbath School teacher in my church.

Mainly what is in the Sabbath School lesson.

Sumofox applied but does not qualify per rules with 16 posts
I sumofox would like to particapted in your new bible studies as a teacher. thanks

Freeindeed is a teacher that applied and was not challenged :
Questionaire (pending rules)

Quote:

My whole life (38 years).

Quote:

To teach the pure and true Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Quote:

Approx. 8 years of teaching 7-12 grade Bible classes, 10 years of pastoring experience, being on the committee that put the curriculum together for 7-12 grade Bible, and 3 years of 'other' teaching experience.

Quote:

The pure and true Gospel of Jesus Christ, and subjects related to it.*

*In the even that this forum becomes an open and honest Bible study forum, without pre-determined answers to questions raised, I would like to be considered. Until then I'll consider my 'resume' to be 'on file'.

Thanks!;)

Doc is a teacher that applied and was not challenged :

Hello to all,

Here is my application to be a teacher:

All my life except for a couple of hiatus'.

There is a need for those who are new Christians, and those who are new to the faith, to learn how understand the basics of Bible study so that they can grow in faith and clearly defend their faith.

Yes. I have taught a varity of subjects including, but not limited to, the training of denominational workers for evangelism.

I would like to take the student completly through the Bible basics for study and progress through principal topics that need to be understood.

If anyone has additional questions please feel free to ask.

Doc

Woob is a teacher that applied and was not challenged :

OK, I have decided to go ahead and give this a go.

About 11 years

Because I believe God has given me the gift to teach

I worked as a Bible worker, and taught a few Sabbath school classes. I haven't had as much experience as I should have because for the most part elderly folk have tried to suppress my gift (most aren't willing to give up a Sabbath school class to allow the youth to develop their gifts).

I would like to go through the epistles of John, verse by verse. But whatever the Lord inspires me to teach is what I desire to share with whomever it is that is eager to learn.

Jim Larmore didnt get in on time for Octobers list, but finished his application, which is below:
I would like to throw my hat in the ring to be a teacher.
Questionaire (pending rules)

Six years

I feel I can be a good witness for the truth that is found in the Bible.

I've taught for 21 years in the Oklahoma Vo-tech public school system. I'm currently an elder in my church and have taugh adult Sabbath school lessons for three years as well as preaching.

General Bible interpretation but I would really like to focus on the book of Daniel and Revelations. The main doctrinal studies we hold also.

Also Doc and me will do the Daily Lesson which will be considered as one Thread for all intents and purposes....

Also remember that as current Octobers teachers you will have passed muster for November to just acknowled your sign up next week and no longer are 'firstime teachers' and can post more than one thread starting November 1, 2007.....

I will let everyone know when to start signing back up, new teachers sign up, and Advanced Studies teachers sign up at the stickie.

Upvote 0