Still Single: Pray for Opportunity or Just Create the Opportunity?

SRTera

Nov 7, 2010
✟18,895.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Ok, here is some background. I am in my mid thirties, still single and it is really starting to get to me because most of my friends are married and they have families and I feel like i am left out to dry because I have no-one to spend that Saturday night with.

So. I started talking to this one girl (want to say since January) and it seems we have alot of the same common interest. I met her through work, but due to working for a company that is mostly remote, I rarely see her in person, maybe a few days a month when we have our required in office days. Any who, I am still in the beginning phase of talking to her as I want to get to know her. Fast forward to Good Friday, she was in the office and I had a very nice conversation with her and she was like hey you going to Church and I said yeah, and she asked if she could come along. I was like totally, then she asked me about what version of the Bible the church uses and I said NIV. She rather go to a Church that uses KJV, which is cool. I was like if you go to your Church lets meet up for Lunch afterwards or something. Unfortunately that didnt happen because it was Easter weekend.

I enjoy talking to her, I wish i had more opportunities to get to know her. I been praying for that Opportunity to really talk to her again, but like most people you wish you can get your prayers answered right there and now.

Its going to be a dumb question, should I keep praying for an opportunity or should I try to create my own opportunity next time i see her in person?

I am not really good at being that guy that can be like "Hey Girl whats up" so it would definitely take me out my comfortable zone, which is probably why I haven't really had experience with girls/women.

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Reactions: Plenipotent

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟153,077.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
it is really starting to get to me because most of my friends are married and they have families
In 10 years, half of them will be divorced, restricted from their own children or in unhappy marriages. Will it still be getting to you, after that?

and I feel like i am left out to dry because I have no-one to spend that Saturday night with.
Well, one way is to find somebody to fill your empty Saturdays. The second way is to fill your empty Saturdays with some interesting activities even as single.

Marriage is not for everybody and you may find it useful to find which way is better for you or if both ways are equally attractive. Both are risky in some way and both have some advantages.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟847,298.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Ok, here is some background. I am in my mid thirties, still single and it is really starting to get to me because most of my friends are married and they have families and I feel like i am left out to dry because I have no-one to spend that Saturday night with.

So. I started talking to this one girl (want to say since January) and it seems we have alot of the same common interest. I met her through work, but due to working for a company that is mostly remote, I rarely see her in person, maybe a few days a month when we have our required in office days. Any who, I am still in the beginning phase of talking to her as I want to get to know her. Fast forward to Good Friday, she was in the office and I had a very nice conversation with her and she was like hey you going to Church and I said yeah, and she asked if she could come along. I was like totally, then she asked me about what version of the Bible the church uses and I said NIV. She rather go to a Church that uses KJV, which is cool. I was like if you go to your Church lets meet up for Lunch afterwards or something. Unfortunately that didnt happen because it was Easter weekend.

I enjoy talking to her, I wish i had more opportunities to get to know her. I been praying for that Opportunity to really talk to her again, but like most people you wish you can get your prayers answered right there and now.

Its going to be a dumb question, should I keep praying for an opportunity or should I try to create my own opportunity next time i see her in person?

I am not really good at being that guy that can be like "Hey Girl whats up" so it would definitely take me out my comfortable zone, which is probably why I haven't really had experience with girls/women.

Definitely do both. I think asking someone out to do something is outside of most folks comfort zones, especially when you really like them, so don't let that stop you. Get a game plan together, i.e., something to do and the when and where, and just go for it. Who knows? She might be writing a post somewhere about how she wishes you would ask her out. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SRTera

Nov 7, 2010
✟18,895.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Definitely do both. I think asking someone out to do something is outside of most folks comfort zones, especially when you really like them, so don't let that stop you. Get a game plan together, i.e., something to do and the when and where, and just go for it. Who knows? She might be writing a post somewhere about how she wishes you would ask her out. :)

Thanks for the reply. It definitely out of my comfortzone. I overthink everything and 2nd guess what I do, after i say something. That is one thing I need to work better on because if i want a relationship with her or someone in the future, it is not healthy

Last edited:
Upvote 0