Visit site
✟395,624.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I like Star Trek better than Star Wars but I think Babylon Five was better than either of them.
Absolutely nothing happened in Sector 83 by 9 by 12 today. I repeat, nothing happened in Sector 83 by 9 by 12.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟302,106.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As a younger person I had trouble appreciating DS9 but as I got older it became my favorite Star Trek series (except the extensive Dominion Wars arc).

When I was younger I liked Star Wars but as I've gotten older I'm less of a fan.

I think we're the same! Before my life turned upside down, I've watched DS9 but didn't appreciate it much

Many of the characters in DS9 were a bunch of failures and brought great shame to their race. Those who didn't are suffering varying degrees of PTSD. Many had the back story of a villain character, yet they are not villains. I'm both in the later chapters of my life that's why DS9 moves me the most.

The movies didn't move me so much. They were just goofing around compared to DS9. The newer Star Trek series and movies gives it the Star Wars feel. Not much difference, just the label. Almost a "feel-good" movie.

Upvote 0

Beslowtoanger

Carrying my cross daily
Aug 25, 2023
Midlands
✟8,837.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Star Wars all the way.

I do work for the 501st Legion here in the U.K I have made many costumes but the highlights are Captain Phasma and Darth Vader

IMG_2711.jpeg

IMG_2827.jpeg

Image 25.jpeg

IMG_0191.jpeg

IMG_2601.jpeg

IMG_3131.jpeg

image0.jpeg

IMG_4962.jpeg

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟616,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I like Star Trek better than Star Wars but I think Babylon Five was better than either of them.
I enjoyed Baylon 5 so much when it came out. It's one of my fondest memories of the 90s. I was glad to find out Ruku has the whole series for free.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟616,314.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really can't pick one over the other. Both have provided a great deal of entertainment throughout most of my life. Out of all of it though seeing the original Star Wars in 1977 was the most epic experience. The opening credits and first scene alone was worth the price of admission.

• Agree
Reactions: Beslowtoanger
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Trogdor the Burninator

Senior Veteran
Oct 19, 2004
✟232,590.00
Faith
Christian
I liked Rogue One as well.

The sequel movies VIII and IX were awful for the most part, but the new Star Wars TV series has redeemed it for me.
Plus Rogue One of course - that was up there with Empire as best SW movie of all time for me.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟70,166.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The sequel movies VIII and IX were awful for the most part, but the new Star Wars TV series has redeemed it for me.
Plus Rogue One of course - that was up there with Empire as best SW movie of all time for me.
And the sequel to Rogue One wasn't too shabby! :p

Upvote 0

I Am Hugh

Service Android
Sep 27, 2023
Pangaea Proxima
Visit site
✟11,291.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Celibate
2005. Man! This thread is nearly 20 years old! I've never seen that happen. You're not going to like my answer. I wouldn't answer if it weren't for my user name. I have never liked science fiction or fantasy to read or watch. I find it predictable, unoriginal, and just silly. Now, that's just an opinion, I'm not judging anyone. As a kid I hated the original Star Trek. Wouldn't watch it. When I was 12 I stopped watching television all together (except for what I would see others watching) and became an avid reader. When Star Wars came out it was obviously a phenomenon but I lived out in the country and my folks never took us to movies. We were workers. They kept us working to keep us out of trouble while they worked. I did manage to see the movie years later and it was okay. I read the book for Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back and I liked those. So I guess my answer, even though not a fan, is Star Wars.

I do like Frank Herbert's Dune series (my favorite all-time secular read) and Douglas Adam's Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (my second favorite) so even though I don't usually like the genre there is that. Also The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit. Both the films and books. Especially the LOTR films. Hated the Dune movies but loved the Si-Fi channel's miniseries.

What is interesting to me is the spiritual and even religious elements that often are used in science fiction.

Also - paradoxically, I suppose - is the fact that I've been working on a science fiction story (the perpetually unfinished novel) for a number of years on various websites I've owned. The storyline has evolved over time, but it's basically about an atheist turned android who posthumously explores spirituality when digital access to an extraordinarily huge amount of data is now available to him as an android.

Similar to the one Star Trek Next Generation I've seen and absolutely loved. I, Borg. Talk about the spiritual parallels in my universe with that one!

Hugh is a radically different individual in terms of Borg, much like I see myself in religious terms. I'm a skeptical independent thinker. As an atheist for 27 years I saw the religious as very Borg-like. Like Hugh when he becomes an individual, I don't fit in anywhere. Hugh's statement, "I am Hugh" is also interesting in that theologically there is this nonsensical religious misinterpretation of the Biblical phrase "I am." Often mistaken as a name, it is actually God's own self designation. (Exodus 3:14) He will be what he must be, he will become known in whatever capacity necessary. The term was a common one, and different than Jesus saying that before Abraham, he was, meaning he existed prior to Abraham, indeed before the creation of the heavens and earth.

When I came here I wanted to use the name Data, which I had recently used on a few other forums. But it was taken here so the next closest thing I could think of was Hugh. Data is meant to relay "just the facts" in my theological and uniquely practical approach to spirituality. Data from the Star Trek Next Generation similarity is merely coincidental.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JesseBassett

Follower of the way, the truth, and the life....
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2004
Inver Grove Heights, MN, USA
Visit site
✟429,476.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
After watching Ashoka on Disney plus for 7 episodes, I for one will not watch this season's finale tonight. The audio is so bad on this show and the dialogue is horribly written! Ugh!

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟486,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
After watching Ashoka on Disney plus for 7 episodes, I for one will not watch this season's finale tonight. The audio is so bad on this show and the dialogue is horribly written! Ugh!

I’ve never understood the phenomenon of Ashoka fanboys. I find her character poorly designed, shallow and of an annoying and overbearing disposition. In her interaction with Luke Skywalker in the Book of Bobba Fett, I wished the titular character had suddenly appeared and spared us from her monologues with a suitably placed blaster round, but alas he was too busy dancing around in the desert with some Sand People while apparently high on whatever that lizard that had climbed into his nose secreted.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,483,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve never understood the phenomenon of Ashoka fanboys. I find her character poorly designed, shallow and of an annoying and overbearing disposition. In her interaction with Luke Skywalker in the Book of Bobba Fett, I wished the titular character had suddenly appeared and spared us from her monologues with a suitably placed blaster round, but alas he was too busy dancing around in the desert with some Sand People while apparently high on whatever that lizard that had climbed into his nose secreted.
Ahsoka in the animations was probably the most thoroughly developed of all Star Wars characters. The live-action version is quite poor, however, and displays none of the character that was developed in the animations.

Upvote 0

WiSteel79

Oct 20, 2023
Wisconsin
✟9,735.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Star Wars! Started with Return of the Jedi when I was four, and got my 40th anniversary edition of Darth Vader black series figure with the seal on it. I’ve been a fan and collector ever since, have physical copies of all the shows and movies. Vader collector, comics, and novels from the Lucas era. Sorry Disney Star Wars, what’s that?

I do admit I got into Star Trek later, but it started with the ships. Collected Eaglemoss and Hot Wheels Enterprise’s and few other ships from the series. Have the collections of shows and movies in DVD/Blu-ray

To me personally highly underrated show is Battlestar Galactica remake. Try to watch it every year, great drama and classic sci-fi adventure.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟486,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Being old, I grew up with Star Trek and as kids we played "Star Trek" and made our front porch as the bridge of the Enterprise. I took my step sister's microscope to use as Spock's scanner thingy.

Awesome.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟486,688.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Celibate
Star Wars! Started with Return of the Jedi when I was four, and got my 40th anniversary edition of Darth Vader black series figure with the seal on it. I’ve been a fan and collector ever since, have physical copies of all the shows and movies. Vader collector, comics, and novels from the Lucas era. Sorry Disney Star Wars, what’s that?

I do admit I got into Star Trek later, but it started with the ships. Collected Eaglemoss and Hot Wheels Enterprise’s and few other ships from the series. Have the collections of shows and movies in DVD/Blu-ray

To me personally highly underrated show is Battlestar Galactica remake. Try to watch it every year, great drama and classic sci-fi adventure.

I agree entirely.

Upvote 0